flash player pass thru? - Mandrake

This is a discussion on flash player pass thru? - Mandrake ; Hi All, There are a number of websites that use flashplayer to play videos while you are on the site. Frequently, these movies don't play using the older flash plugin available to Linux. I'd like to be able to download ...

  1. flash player pass thru?

    Hi All,

    There are a number of websites that use flashplayer to play videos while
    you are on the site. Frequently, these movies don't play using the older
    flash plugin available to Linux.

    I'd like to be able to download those videos so I can watch the clip on
    my machine. Has anyone hacked the older version of flash to allow a video
    stream to be downloaded?

    Ray

  2. Re: flash player pass thru?

    On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:53:27 -0600, Ray Deletoro wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > There are a number of websites that use flashplayer to play videos while
    > you are on the site. Frequently, these movies don't play using the older
    > flash plugin available to Linux.

    Then get a newer release. Date plugin Posted: 1/16/2007

    Caution, linewrap

    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

  3. Re: flash player pass thru?

    On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:56:57 -0600, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:53:27 -0600, Ray Deletoro wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> There are a number of websites that use flashplayer to play videos while
    >> you are on the site. Frequently, these movies don't play using the older
    >> flash plugin available to Linux.

    > Then get a newer release. Date plugin Posted: 1/16/2007
    >
    > Caution, linewrap
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

    I haven't had any issues with the new player.

  4. Re: flash player pass thru?

    Ray Deletoro wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > There are a number of websites that use flashplayer to play videos while
    > you are on the site. Frequently, these movies don't play using the older
    > flash plugin available to Linux.
    >
    > I'd like to be able to download those videos so I can watch the clip on
    > my machine. Has anyone hacked the older version of flash to allow a video
    > stream to be downloaded?
    >

    > Ray

    This may be what you are looking for:

    http://vixy.net/

    There are others also, google'm up.

  5. Re: flash player pass thru?

    Ray Deletoro wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > There are a number of websites that use flashplayer to play videos while
    > you are on the site. Frequently, these movies don't play using the older
    > flash plugin available to Linux.
    >
    > I'd like to be able to download those videos so I can watch the clip on
    > my machine. Has anyone hacked the older version of flash to allow a video
    > stream to be downloaded?
    >

    > Ray

    There's an extension for Firefox - unplugged, which allows for download
    of embedded content. You can then play the *.flv in vlc.

    --

    Some customized and hard to find rpms here:
    http://www.drivehq.com/folder/p1029971.aspx?view=detail

    If you grab my rpms please consider signing up via this link
    and getting me some referral points:
    http://www.drivehq.com/secure/signup.aspx?refID=2454535

    RLU #407952

+ Reply to Thread