Xmms-kde Resurrected - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Xmms-kde Resurrected - Mandrake ; I don't know whether or not I'm the only one who's been missing that little applet controlling media players from within KDE panel, but I got frustrated enough to do something about it. The problem is that xmms-kde has become ...

  1. Xmms-kde Resurrected

    I don't know whether or not I'm the only one who's been missing that
    little applet controlling media players from within KDE panel, but I got
    frustrated enough to do something about it. The problem is that xmms-kde
    has become KDE's "child left behind", not having been updated for
    several years and consequently not knowing how to play nice with current
    KDE & Qt, specifically when it comes to embedding in the panel. I built
    it for KDE 3.5.x with the help of a patch(gcc has moved on since as
    well) I found on the web. If anyone's interested it can be found in my
    mini-repo at the URL below.
    --

    Some customized and hard to find rpms here:
    http://www.drivehq.com/folder/p1029971.aspx?view=detail

    If you grab my rpms please consider signing up via this link
    and getting me some referral points:
    http://www.drivehq.com/secure/signup.aspx?refID=2454535

    RLU #407952

  2. Re: Xmms-kde Resurrected

    RaMRod wrote:

    > I don't know whether or not I'm the only one who's been missing that
    > little applet controlling media players from within KDE panel, but I got
    > frustrated enough to do something about it. The problem is that xmms-kde
    > has become KDE's "child left behind", not having been updated for
    > several years and consequently not knowing how to play nice with current
    > KDE & Qt, specifically when it comes to embedding in the panel. I built
    > it for KDE 3.5.x with the help of a patch(gcc has moved on since as
    > well) I found on the web. If anyone's interested it can be found in my
    > mini-repo at the URL below.

    Dunno about yourself, but I've found the "Media control" applet does the
    job.

    (Yeah, I've succumbed to KDE... long story...)

+ Reply to Thread