The distro has been reviewed at
http://www.linux-tip.net/cms/content/view/280/26/

One sentence is:

"Metisse differs from a classic 3D desktop ("the cube") in the way that it
offers innovative windows interactions, thus enforcing work efficiency."

To me, that translates as: if you want to get any work done, turn the 3D
toys off.

I tried Compiz, and it looked exactly the same as the 3DDesktop available
years ago. There was no cube, only 4 oblongs in a ring. I had to install
the latest NVidia driver to make it work - another thing that didn't
work "out of the box" (after Java - even Mandriva staff don't use their own
Java version.)

Doug,
Registered Linux User.
--
Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to
you.