I really hate the fact that I can't control-C, or kill, a running
urpmi.update process without trashing the hdlists for installed media.
I did this, and the next time I ran 'urpmi.update -a' I got warnings about

unable to access hdlist file of "doink-srpms", medium ignored
unable to access hdlist file of "doink-i386-rpms", medium ignored
unable to access hdlist file of "doink-noarch-rpms", medium ignored
unable to access hdlist file of "doink-i586-rpms", medium ignored
unable to access hdlist file of "mandrivaclub-local-rpms", medium ignored
unable to access hdlist file of "mdv2007.0-updates-local-i586-rpms", medium ignored

and so on. So, for each of the ignored media I had to run urpmi.update
again, this time specifying those media on the command line. That got
them to reload again. Kinda painful tho.

FYI....

Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.