JRE for Firefox 2.0 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on JRE for Firefox 2.0 - Mandrake ; Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to Firefox plugins - ditto with Flash-player. not displaying in about lugins. solution please ? bM...

  1. JRE for Firefox 2.0

    Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to
    Firefox plugins - ditto with Flash-player. not displaying in
    aboutlugins. solution please ?
    bM

  2. Re: JRE for Firefox 2.0

    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:37:45 +0000, brianM wrote:

    > Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to
    > Firefox plugins - ditto with Flash-player. not displaying in
    > aboutlugins. solution please ?
    > bM

    Additional information: O/S being used is Mandriva 2007.
    Are there any known issues with this distro? I couldn't find anything
    useful in the release notes for the O/S
    bM

  3. Re: JRE for Firefox 2.0

    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:37:45 GMT, brianM wrote:
    > Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to
    > Firefox plugins

    You might want to read

    We need to see what you have done to see why it does not work.

    - ditto with Flash-player.

    Hmmm, looking in my aboutlugins I see

    Shockwave Flash

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31
    but looking in my plugins directory I see no link

    $ ls -al libflashplayer.so
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7040080 Jan 18 02:24 libflashplayer.so

    You may want to check this thread. Watchout for linewrap.

  4. Re: JRE for Firefox 2.0

    brianM wrote:

    > Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to
    > Firefox plugins - ditto with Flash-player. not displaying in
    > aboutlugins. solution please ?
    > bM

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-linux.html

  5. Re: JRE for Firefox 2.0

    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:37:45 +0000, brianM wrote:

    > Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to
    > Firefox plugins - ditto with Flash-player. not displaying in
    > aboutlugins. solution please ?
    > bM

    It doesn't appear in my aboutlugins either. But the java does work. You
    can check it at one of the many browser java testers. Same for flash
    player.

  6. Re: JRE for Firefox 2.0

    johnny wrote:

    > On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:37:45 +0000, brianM wrote:
    >
    >> Downloaded and installed JRE (not 64bit) and simlinked it to
    >> Firefox plugins - ditto with Flash-player. not displaying in
    >> aboutlugins. solution please ?
    >> bM

    > It doesn't appear in my aboutlugins either. But the java does work. You
    > can check it at one of the many browser java testers. Same for flash
    > player.

    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

    http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

+ Reply to Thread