perl modules in Mandriva 2007 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on perl modules in Mandriva 2007 - Mandrake ; Here's a bit of code pulled out of a newsgroup years ago that has served faithfully ever since to list the installed Perl Modules: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use ExtUtils::Installed; my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new(); foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) { my $version = $instmod->version($module) ...

  1. perl modules in Mandriva 2007

    Here's a bit of code pulled out of a newsgroup years ago that has served
    faithfully ever since to list the installed Perl Modules:

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl

    use ExtUtils::Installed;
    my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
    foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) {
    my $version = $instmod->version($module) || "???";
    print "$module -- $version\n";

    }

    The thing is, on Mandriva 2007 all it ever says is

    Perl -- 5.8.8

    When I use urpmi to install modules, for instance:

    urpmi perl-MD5

    they aren't listed, even the md5.pm ends up in
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8

    Can somebody please explain?

    Thanks,

    David Mathog

  2. Re: perl modules in Mandriva 2007

    David Mathog writes:

    > Here's a bit of code pulled out of a newsgroup years ago that has served
    > faithfully ever since to list the installed Perl Modules:
    >
    > #!/usr/local/bin/perl

    Is /usr/local/bin where you have perl installed?

    > use ExtUtils::Installed;
    > my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
    > foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) {
    > my $version = $instmod->version($module) || "???";
    > print "$module -- $version\n";
    >
    > }
    >
    > The thing is, on Mandriva 2007 all it ever says is
    >
    > Perl -- 5.8.8
    >
    > When I use urpmi to install modules, for instance:
    >
    > urpmi perl-MD5
    >
    > they aren't listed, even the md5.pm ends up in
    > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8
    >
    > Can somebody please explain?

    I get the same result on FC4.

    On my older Mandriva system I only see 2 packages listed
    and I think I installed them directly from CPAN.

    I can see from the man page that the only place this
    looks are the .packlist files.
    I don't think RPM installs are updating the packlist.

    Do a locate .packlist then see what's in the file(s).

  3. Re: perl modules in Mandriva 2007

    Dan Espen wrote:
    > David Mathog writes:
    >
    >> Here's a bit of code pulled out of a newsgroup years ago that has served
    >> faithfully ever since to list the installed Perl Modules:
    >>
    >> #!/usr/local/bin/perl

    > Is /usr/local/bin where you have perl installed?

    No, it's /usr/bin/perl. There is a link though from /usr/local/bin/perl
    to /usr/bin/perl.

    > I get the same result on FC4.
    >
    > On my older Mandriva system I only see 2 packages listed
    > and I think I installed them directly from CPAN.

    Right, I just installed a couple of packages from cpan and
    those show up. Just not the ones that go in from urpmi.

    > I can see from the man page that the only place this
    > looks are the .packlist files.
    > I don't think RPM installs are updating the packlist.

    Sounds reasonable - broken if urpmi is to be of any use -
    but reasonable.

+ Reply to Thread