Mandrake 10 & SATA - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Mandrake 10 & SATA - Mandrake ; Hello, I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.0. The problem is my SATA drive is not detected. How can I solve this problem? (I have VIA VT6420 controller). Thanks in advance....

  1. Mandrake 10 & SATA

    Hello, I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.0. The problem is my SATA
    drive is not detected. How can I solve this problem? (I have VIA
    VT6420 controller). Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Mandrake 10 & SATA

    On 29 Jan 2007 07:52:24 -0800, kiryazev@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello, I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.0.

    You might look on http://www.mandriva.com/security/productlifetime
    for end of support for 10.0

    > The problem is my SATA drive is not detected.
    > How can I solve this problem? (I have VIA

    Try Current Production release Mandriva 2007

  3. Re: Mandrake 10 & SATA

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On 29 Jan 2007 07:52:24 -0800, kiryazev@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hello, I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.0.

    > You might look on http://www.mandriva.com/security/productlifetime
    > for end of support for 10.0
    >
    >> The problem is my SATA drive is not detected.
    >> How can I solve this problem? (I have VIA

    > Try Current Production release Mandriva 2007

    I agree. Even Mandriva 2006 couldn't handle SATA disks properly. No
    problems with 2007.

  4. Re: Mandrake 10 & SATA

    On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:52:24 -0800, kiryazev wrote:

    > Hello, I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.0. The problem is my SATA drive
    > is not detected. How can I solve this problem? (I have VIA VT6420
    > controller). Thanks in advance.

    Try Mandriva 2007.

  5. Re: Mandrake 10 & SATA

    kiryazev@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello, I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.0. The problem is my SATA
    > drive is not detected. How can I solve this problem? (I have VIA
    > VT6420 controller). Thanks in advance.

    I remember the old days running mandrake 10

    Seriously, as others have said, use 2007.

    It's a lot better anyway, and I've upgraded all desktops here to 2007 now,
    even the old 10.1 boxes.

  6. Re: Mandrake 10 & SATA

    grimble wrote:

    > I agree. Even Mandriva 2006 couldn't handle SATA disks properly.

    I've run (and am still running) 2006 with SATA drives - no problems
    whatsoever!

    Chris

  7. Re: Mandrake 10 & SATA

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:02:11 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > grimble wrote:
    >
    >> I agree. Even Mandriva 2006 couldn't handle SATA disks properly.

    > I've run (and am still running) 2006 with SATA drives - no problems
    > whatsoever!
    >
    > Chris

    So am I but I had to select 'noapic' to get the installation going!

    Alan

+ Reply to Thread