Problems when installing kipi-plugins - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Problems when installing kipi-plugins - Mandrake ; Hi! Urpmi and mcc refuses to install kipi-plugins. Says something about libimgae 10.3 / libwand but there is only libmagic 10.4 at download sites. What can I do?...

  1. Problems when installing kipi-plugins

    Hi!

    Urpmi and mcc refuses to install kipi-plugins. Says something about
    libimgae 10.3 / libwand but there is only libmagic 10.4 at download sites.
    What can I do?

  2. Re: Problems when installing kipi-plugins

    On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:37:34 +0100, Geranium wrote:
    > Hi!

    --------------- standard FYI follows -----------------------------

    If you see Mandriva when you execute the command

    cat /etc/release

    Please, post your question in alt.os.linux.mandriva in the future.
    I am pretty sure you will find the same subject matter experts
    lurking there that you find here.

    That is also going to make it easier for you and other people to find
    answers to the same question when looking on
    and only have to search one Usenet group.

    If your Usenet server does not carry the mandriva news group you might
    contact them to have alt.os.linux.mandriva added.

    > Urpmi and mcc refuses to install kipi-plugins. Says something about
    > libimgae 10.3 / libwand but there is only libmagic 10.4 at download sites.

    With all the different releases of Mandrake/Mandriva you might want to read

    > What can I do?

    Set a mirror which has the package you need. Looking through my index
    files I find
    plf-free-2007.0.idx:libMagick10.3.0-6.2.8.7-1plf2007.0.i586.rpm 1617408 Oct 10 20:32
    plf-free-2007.0.idx:libMagick10.3.0-devel-6.2.8.7-1plf2007.0.i586.rpm 1834759 Oct 10 20:32

    on a plf free site.

    ------ standard include for setting mirror and getting updates follow: -------

    When logged into your regular user account, click up a terminal and do a

    cat /etc/product.id and note the /version=/ and /arch=/ values

    then click up a browser and goto
    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    set your version and architecture
    Click proceed to step 2

    Pick your main, contrib, main_update, contrib_update and plf mirrors.
    Click proceed to step 3

    Now in the terminal, do a
    su - root
    mcc
    in Software Management click
    Select from where software packages are downloaded when updating the system
    and disable any removable Medium selections
    Click OK and exit mcc

    now paste commands from step 3 in browser

    Now you can get all the security/bugfixes with
    urpmi rpm --auto
    urpmi urpmi --auto
    urpmi rpmdrake --auto
    urpmi --auto-select --auto

    That will bring you up to date except for any kernel updates.
    Procedure for that is save current settings/values, find your
    kernel name and update kernel with the following:

    ls -o /boot /boot/ls_boot_original
    cp /etc/lilo.conf /etc/lilo.conf_original
    cp /boot/grub/menu.lst /boot/grub/menu.lst_original
    rpm -qa 'kernel*' >> /etc/kernel_original

    cat /etc/kernel_original
    urpmi --update kernel

    and provide selection number of kernel with a higher version number
    than yours.

    Now, your boot loader should have a new entry for the new kernel found
    at the bottom of your menu selection during boot. If no menu, hit Esc
    key for selection.

    Once you are logged in under the new kernel, you need to verify the
    boot loader default selection points to the new kernel.

    Your boot loader config files are /etc/lilo.conf for lilo and
    /boot/grub/menu.lst for the grub boot loader.

    You need to verify that the default selection points to the new kernel with
    ls -o /boot/*vmlinuz* /boot/*initrd*
    That will show you current /boot links.

    To see what lilo.conf would pick, do a
    head -20 /etc/lilo.conf | tail -6
    which might show something like

    image=/boot/vmlinuz <========
    label="linux"
    root=/dev/hdb15
    initrd=/boot/initrd.img <========
    append="splash=0"
    vga=788

    The "<===" are the two lines to check.

    You either modify those lines in the config file to have the actual
    values or delete/create new links in /boot.

    If you use actual kernel values you may want to consider what to do
    with the linux-nonfb and failsafe stanzas.

    To change links,
    cd /boot
    rm vmlinuz initrd
    That removed the old links.

    Note the following are examples only. You have to supply the correct
    version file names based on your upgraded kernel value.

    ln -s vmlinuz-2.6.17-8mdv vmlinuz
    ln -s initrd-2.6.17-8mdv.img initrd.img

    Now check your links with
    ls -o /boot/*vmlinuz* /boot/*initrd*
    if blinking, you screwed up and need to delete/create them again.

    The links have to have the save version values.

    If you changed lilo.conf or links, you need to do a
    lilo -v
    to reinstall your boot loader in the MBR or wherever you are
    bootloading from.

    If using grub, you make the save types of

    exit to close root terminal login
    exit to close user terminal

    I check for updates every day with the urpmi --auto-select --auto command.

    PS: Hope you are not on dial up. You may get a large number of package
    updates depending on number of packages installed.

  3. Re: Problems when installing kipi-plugins

    Geranium wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Urpmi and mcc refuses to install kipi-plugins. Says something about
    > libimgae 10.3 / libwand but there is only libmagic 10.4 at download sites.
    > What can I do?

    It should be libmagic 10. instead of libimgae 10.3.

+ Reply to Thread