Dar & KDar patched up - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Dar & KDar patched up - Mandrake ; As it has been pointed out here earlier, KDar doesn't want to play with current version of Dar, because it wants libdar.so.3. The latter is provided by dar-2.2.2, which came with 2006, but you can't use it on 2007 due ...

  1. Dar & KDar patched up

    As it has been pointed out here earlier, KDar doesn't want to play with
    current version of Dar, because it wants libdar.so.3. The latter is
    provided by dar-2.2.2, which came with 2006, but you can't use it on
    2007 due to unresolved dependencies.
    I decided to pitch in with some help and built dar-2.2.2 on 2007 and
    kdar-2.0.7 against libdar3-2.2.2. If you don't mind using slightly older
    version of dar(current is 2.3.2) then knock yourselves out. The kdar
    package I built installs the menu properly, unlike the one you'd find in
    Mandriva's repositories. Dar, libdar3 and kdar can be found at the URL
    in my signature(you don't need the *-devel packages).
    --

    Some customized and hard to find rpms here:
    http://www.drivehq.com/folder/p1029971.aspx?view=detail

    RLU #407952

  2. Re: Dar & KDar patched up

    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:16:18 +0000, RaMRod wrote:

    > As it has been pointed out here earlier, KDar doesn't want to play with
    > current version of Dar, because it wants libdar.so.3. The latter is
    > provided by dar-2.2.2, which came with 2006, but you can't use it on
    > 2007 due to unresolved dependencies.
    > I decided to pitch in with some help and built dar-2.2.2 on 2007 and
    > kdar-2.0.7 against libdar3-2.2.2. If you don't mind using slightly older
    > version of dar(current is 2.3.2) then knock yourselves out. The kdar
    > package I built installs the menu properly, unlike the one you'd find in
    > Mandriva's repositories. Dar, libdar3 and kdar can be found at the URL
    > in my signature(you don't need the *-devel packages).

    Thanks. Kdar is now running on my system.

    --
    jabali

  3. Re: Dar & KDar patched up

    Jabali Pragya wrote:

    > Thanks. Kdar is now running on my system.

    Everybody don't forget to run urpmi.update with the --keep option, so
    your kdar won't get dumped for dependencies' sake. Long live the Linux
    community !

    --

    Some customized and hard to find rpms here:
    http://www.drivehq.com/folder/p1029971.aspx?view=detail
    (Bandwidth is limited - use it wisely)

    If you grab my rpms please consider signing up via this link
    and getting me some referral points:
    http://www.drivehq.com/secure/signup.aspx?refID=2454535

    RLU #407952

+ Reply to Thread