urpmi.addmedia for SRPMS ??? - Mandrake

This is a discussion on urpmi.addmedia for SRPMS ??? - Mandrake ; I'm trying urpmi.addmedia --wget "Main Source (Official2007.0-1)" \ http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release \ with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz But, urpmi.addmedia can't find the synthesis.hdlist.cz. I've also tried the hdlist.cz, and I've confirmed (using my browser) that the paths to everything are correct & non-empty. I've also ...

  1. urpmi.addmedia for SRPMS ???

    I'm trying

    urpmi.addmedia --wget "Main Source (Official2007.0-1)" \
    http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release \
    with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

    But, urpmi.addmedia can't find the synthesis.hdlist.cz. I've
    also tried the hdlist.cz, and I've confirmed (using my browser)
    that the paths to everything are correct & non-empty. I've also
    tried a few ../../media_info variations, but no luck.

    How can I get this to work?

    Thanks....

    Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.

  2. Re: urpmi.addmedia for SRPMS ???

    Kevin the Drummer wrote:

    > I'm trying
    >
    > urpmi.addmedia --wget "Main Source (Official2007.0-1)" \

    http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release
    > \ with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    >
    > But, urpmi.addmedia can't find the synthesis.hdlist.cz. I've
    > also tried the hdlist.cz, and I've confirmed (using my browser)
    > that the paths to everything are correct & non-empty. I've also
    > tried a few ../../media_info variations, but no luck.
    >
    > How can I get this to work?
    >
    > Thanks....

    Try the ftp site
    ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mandr.../main/release/
    instead. The http site site doesn't have an hdlist file, but the ftp site
    does.

    --
    Nothing's Too Sacred - http://scott2096.blogspot.com/
    Email: seaeaglesrule-donotspam@gmail.com (remove "-donotspam")

    Registered Linux User # 384081 http://counter.li.org/

  3. Re: urpmi.addmedia for SRPMS ???

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.os.linux.mandriva.]
    On 24 Jan 2007 18:33:19 GMT, Kevin the Drummer wrote:

    > I'm trying
    >
    > urpmi.addmedia --wget "Main Source (Official2007.0-1)" \
    > http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release \
    > with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    >
    > How can I get this to work?

    I would start out simple and work my way up. Example:

    # urpmi.addmedia src \
    http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release \
    with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

    # tail -6 /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg
    src http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release {
    hdlist: hdlist.src.cz
    synthesis
    with_hdlist: media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    }

    # urpmi.removemedia src

    (next urpmi.addmedia attempt with different args here)

  4. Re: urpmi.addmedia for SRPMS ???

    Kevin the Drummer wrote:
    > urpmi.addmedia --wget "Main Source (Official2007.0-1)" \
    > http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/mand...S/main/release \
    > with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    >
    > But, urpmi.addmedia can't find the synthesis.hdlist.cz.

    I found my own error. I forgot that I had my VPN running, which places
    a proxy in my http traffic path. I didn't tell urpmi.addmedia about the
    proxy and it failed for that. All is well now.

    Thanks folks....

    Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.