tfn 4.0 test76 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on tfn 4.0 test76 - Mandrake ; Does anyone have any hints for compiling trn on Mandrake (10.1) or Mandriva? I keep getting errors because include files or libraries have been moved around compared to six years ago. -- Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee "You know, ...

  1. tfn 4.0 test76

    --
    Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

    "You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk
    on water." --Samantha Carter, Stargate SG-1

  2. Re: trn 4.0 test76

    Reposting to add newsgroup and fix stupid typo.

    Does anyone have any hints for compiling trn on Mandrake (10.1) or Mandriva?
    I keep getting errors because include files or libraries have been moved
    around compared to six years ago.
    --
    Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

    "You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk
    on water." --Samantha Carter, Stargate SG-1

  3. Re: tfn 4.0 test76

    On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:49:52 +0000 (UTC), Ken Arromdee wrote:
    > Does anyone have any hints for compiling trn on Mandrake (10.1) or Mandriva?

    Why work so hard, I would suggest slrn, but if you want trn, why not
    just use the contrib rpm.

    trn-3.6-18mdv2007 for the 2007 release and

    trn-3.6-17mdk.i586.rpm for 10.1

    Just use http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to set your contrib mirror.

  4. Re: trn 4.0 test76

    On 2007-01-22, Ken Arromdee wrote:
    > Reposting to add newsgroup and fix stupid typo.
    >
    > Does anyone have any hints for compiling trn on Mandrake (10.1) or Mandriva?
    > I keep getting errors because include files or libraries have been moved
    > around compared to six years ago.

    Why not install it the Mandriva way, using urpmi or the graphical
    installation tools you can find in 'Configure your computer' from the main
    menu? There are pre-compiled Mandriva RPMs for trn in the 'contrib'
    repositories for Mandriva 2006 and 2007, i586 and x86_64. (And for
    Mandrake 10.1 and 10.2, if you really want to continue using those
    un-supported versions of Mandriva).

    See for instructions on setting up suitable
    "sources" for urpmi for your version of Mandriva.

    --
    -- Whiskers

+ Reply to Thread