Windows Vista Beta 2 Video - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Windows Vista Beta 2 Video - Mandrake ; Soon after Microsoft's legions of programmers began work on the code that would become Windows Vista, the company announced a Trustworthy Computing initiative. This, declared founder Bill Gates, would make Microsoft's products far less susceptible to the malicious programs the ...

  1. Windows Vista Beta 2 Video

    Soon after Microsoft's legions of programmers began work on the code
    that would become Windows Vista, the company announced a Trustworthy
    Computing initiative.

    This, declared founder Bill Gates, would make Microsoft's products far
    less susceptible to the malicious programs the bad guys were using to
    try to exploit Windows software.

    In 2006, Windows Vista has become the new standard bearer for this
    initiative as it includes a whole series of technologies that try to
    make it far harder for malicious programs to compromise a PC.

    In a statement Microsoft spokesman Sven Hallauer said Vista was
    designed from the ground up under the software companies Secure
    Development Lifecycle which aims to spot potential problems before the
    code ships.

    Mr Hallauer said Microsoft had studied all the "critical" security
    issues that hit Windows XP between November 2003 and September 2006
    and, he said, "found that the vast majority of these issues would
    either not affect Windows Vista at all or would have been reduced in
    severity".

    Since Vista was released security firm Sophos has challenged this
    claim. It said it had discovered that three of the top threats in
    November 2006 bypass the defences on the new operating system and run
    on Vista.

    "The user is the weakest link in the chain here," said Mr Hogan, adding
    that no security program can protect people if they choose to ignore
    all the warnings.
    Windows Vista Beta 2 Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aop6Dcq534Q
    ;-)

    1980s
    There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.

    The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    to kill you.

    Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    **** up.

    http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    ____________________________
    ID signature
    Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    Philip Davidson,
    10 Ronald Avenue
    West Ham
    E15 3AH
    East London
    Mobile phone 07906821566
    http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Video

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > Since Vista was released security firm Sophos has challenged this
    > claim. It said it had discovered that three of the top threats in
    > November 2006 bypass the defences on the new operating system and run
    > on Vista.

    *Yawn*. Security is a process, windows makes users believe it's just about
    patchwork instead.

    > "The user is the weakest link in the chain here," said Mr Hogan, adding
    > that no security program can protect people if they choose to ignore
    > all the warnings.

    Microsoft should have done a better education of its users ...

    > Windows Vista Beta 2 Video
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aop6Dcq534Q
    > ;-)

    *Yawn* again. Just zooming in and out static pictures.
    As everyone here already knows, compiz or beryl are years ahead of that
    already.

  3. Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Video

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > Soon after Microsoft's legions of programmers began work on the code
    > that would become Windows Vista, the company announced a Trustworthy
    > Computing initiative.

    Yep ... their *legions* of programmers took 5 years to build Vi$ta.

    > This, declared founder Bill Gates, would make Microsoft's products far
    > less susceptible to the malicious programs the bad guys were using to
    > try to exploit Windows software.

    Simple solution ... use Linux!

    > In 2006, Windows Vista has become the new standard bearer for this
    > initiative as it includes a whole series of technologies that try to
    > make it far harder for malicious programs to compromise a PC.

    Factual errors abound in this idiots posts. Vi$ta will not be available
    for retail sale to the masses until 2007. How can it be the standard
    bearer when it isn't available yet?

    > In a statement Microsoft spokesman Sven Hallauer said Vista was
    > designed from the ground up under the software companies Secure
    > Development Lifecycle which aims to spot potential problems before the
    > code ships.
    >
    > Mr Hallauer said Microsoft had studied all the "critical" security
    > issues that hit Windows XP between November 2003 and September 2006
    > and, he said, "found that the vast majority of these issues would
    > either not affect Windows Vista at all or would have been reduced in
    > severity".

    WOW! that would have taken a long long time, to study all of the
    critical security issues. There being so many! Mind you, once Vi$ta
    comes out, there will be newer security threats no doubt. This happens
    every time Micro$tuft releases a new OS.

    > Since Vista was released security firm Sophos has challenged this
    > claim. It said it had discovered that three of the top threats in
    > November 2006 bypass the defences on the new operating system and run
    > on Vista.

    I am surprised that the Windroid Troll included this information as it
    is a negative assertion against her beloved Windoze.

    > "The user is the weakest link in the chain here," said Mr Hogan, adding
    > that no security program can protect people if they choose to ignore
    > all the warnings.

    True. But if you set them up on Linux, then they have less to worry
    about, providing you also show them how to maintain their system.

    --
    Regards: *krONik*
    "Somewhere ... *something incredible* is waiting to be known!"

  4. Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Video

    home.home1@virgin.net babbled incoherently:

    > Why does my bathtub water get so dirty so fast?

    Hopefully you let the dog drink out of it *before* you get in it.

  5. Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Video

    Microsoft discovered that sex sells. Hence the names Vista Beta and Zune.
    You are intended to squirt data from Zune to Vistabeta and vice versa,
    according to Ballmer.

    http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2006/11....html#comments
    "The French word "zoune" and the variant "bizoune" typically serve as a less
    jolting way of referring to male or female genitalia when addressing
    children.
    By Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:47:50 PM"

    No hints as to whether vistabetion with one's Zune makes one go blind,
    though. Could someone ask Ballmer this the next time they see him? I for
    one would greatly appreciate it.

    Microsoft really has no idea what to do with brand names, does it! Poor
    sods.

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > Soon after Microsoft's legions of programmers began work on the code
    > that would become Windows Vista, the company announced a Trustworthy
    > Computing initiative.
    >
    > This, declared founder Bill Gates, would make Microsoft's products far
    > less susceptible to the malicious programs the bad guys were using to
    > try to exploit Windows software.
    >
    > In 2006, Windows Vista has become the new standard bearer for this
    > initiative as it includes a whole series of technologies that try to
    > make it far harder for malicious programs to compromise a PC.
    >
    > In a statement Microsoft spokesman Sven Hallauer said Vista was
    > designed from the ground up under the software companies Secure
    > Development Lifecycle which aims to spot potential problems before the
    > code ships.
    >
    > Mr Hallauer said Microsoft had studied all the "critical" security
    > issues that hit Windows XP between November 2003 and September 2006
    > and, he said, "found that the vast majority of these issues would
    > either not affect Windows Vista at all or would have been reduced in
    > severity".
    >
    > Since Vista was released security firm Sophos has challenged this
    > claim. It said it had discovered that three of the top threats in
    > November 2006 bypass the defences on the new operating system and run
    > on Vista.
    >

    > "The user is the weakest link in the chain here," said Mr Hogan, adding
    > that no security program can protect people if they choose to ignore
    > all the warnings.
    > Windows Vista Beta 2 Video
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aop6Dcq534Q
    > ;-)

    > 1980s
    > There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    > days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    > U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.
    >

    > The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    > One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    > to kill you.
    >
    > Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    > **** up.
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    > It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    > ____________________________
    > ID signature
    > Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    > Philip Davidson,
    > 10 Ronald Avenue
    > West Ham
    > E15 3AH
    > East London
    > Mobile phone 07906821566
    > http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Video

    I've watched the video with sound on internet at a linux machine PII
    500 MHz 256MB memory with
    a high security level.
    You must try this with vista on a PII 500MHz machine, it will never work.

+ Reply to Thread