DirectX 10: The Future of PC Gaming - Mandrake

This is a discussion on DirectX 10: The Future of PC Gaming - Mandrake ; Introduction: DirectX 9.0 has been with us since December 2002 and we have seen some good progress made since its inception. Possibly the biggest evolution was when Shader Model 3.0 support popped up on NVIDIA's GeForce 6-series hardware in Spring ...

  1. DirectX 10: The Future of PC Gaming

    Introduction:
    DirectX 9.0 has been with us since December 2002 and we have seen some
    good progress made since its inception. Possibly the biggest evolution
    was when Shader Model 3.0 support popped up on NVIDIA's GeForce
    6-series hardware in Spring 2004, but it wasn't until December that
    year when Microsoft released the DirectX 9.0c libraries.

    Each new instance of DirectX has been an evolution of the previous
    version that brings support for new hardware features, allowing game
    developers to push the boundaries of realism that little bit further.
    However, there have been a number of limitations in place that have
    gotten in the way of developers ever since the API's invention. With
    a completely new driver model arriving in Windows Vista, Microsoft's
    Direct3D development team decided that the best way forwards was to
    wipe the slate clean and start from scratch.

    DirectX 10 is probably the most important revolution in games
    development, at least since the introduction of the programmable shader
    in DirectX 8.0. Because of the way that Microsoft has designed the new
    driver model, DirectX 10 will only be available for Windows Vista users
    and there will not be a version released for Windows XP. Along with
    DirectX 10, Windows Vista will come with DirectX 9.0Ex - this is
    because pre-DirectX 10 hardware will not work under the new API due to
    the complete overhaul.

    NVIDIA's DirectX 10 compliant GeForce 8800 series has been the talk
    of the town since its launch on November 8th and while the chip
    performs incredibly well in DirectX 9.0 games, DirectX 10 performance
    is a rather large unknown at the moment. We're not going to be able
    to answer that question today, but over the course of this article, we
    will cover the key decisions made by Microsoft during the development
    of its new API and then expand into what DirectX 10 is going to mean
    for gamers.

    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200..._gaming/1.html

    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

    1980s
    There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.

    The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    to kill you.

    Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    **** up.

    http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    ____________________________
    ID signature
    Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    Philip Davidson,
    10 Ronald Avenue
    West Ham
    E15 3AH
    East London
    Mobile phone 07906821566
    http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: DirectX 10: The Future of PC Gaming

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > My imagination just flows through me!

    That's called diarrhea, you ****tard.

+ Reply to Thread