Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know! - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know! - Mandrake ; http://blog.windowsvistamagazine.co...._your_comments We're busy putting together issue one of Windows Vista Magazine, which goes on sale on 31 January 2007 and we want to hear your views for our letters page. http://blog.windowsvistamagazine.co...._your_comments Your chance to be in the magazine! We're looking ...

  1. Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    http://blog.windowsvistamagazine.co...._your_comments

    We're busy putting together issue one of Windows Vista Magazine, which
    goes on sale on 31 January 2007 and we want to hear your views for our
    letters page.
    http://blog.windowsvistamagazine.co...._your_comments

    Your chance to be in the magazine!
    We're looking for readers who are using Windows Vista right now (be it
    a pre-release version, or final release) to come forward and tell us
    what they're using their computer for.

    For example, you might be a member of an extreme sports forum and
    arrange local bungee-jumping events every month; the photos and videos
    you captured on the day are edited in Windows Photo Gallery and Windows
    Movie Maker, and they are then uploaded to your personal website.

    All you need to do is write 25-50 words and a good quality,
    high-resolution JPEG of yourself (no phone camera photos or webcam
    stills) to nick.odantzis@futurenet.co.uk and if we like what you have
    to say, we'll follow this up with a 15-20 minute telephone interview
    and get your words (and picture) published in the magazine.

    http://blog.windowsvistamagazine.co....n_the_magazine

    Windows Vista: The Official Magazine is your complete guide to
    Microsoft's new operating system. Each issue is packed with clear
    guides to help you get started with Windows Vista, and to use your PC
    to get more from your interests and activities. It's also the place
    to turn for trusted reviews and advice to help you buy the best
    hardware and software for your needs.

    Already a subscriber?
    Click here to extend your subscription with this special offer
    https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co....=1029&src=W008

    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

    1980s
    There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.

    The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    to kill you.

    Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    **** up.

    http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    ____________________________
    ID signature
    Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    Philip Davidson,
    10 Ronald Avenue
    West Ham
    E15 3AH
    East London
    Mobile phone 07906821566
    http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 05:03:21 -0800, home.home1 wrote:

    > Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes
    > onsale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    I don't think you'll find many in this group that will buy it at all.
    Certainly not me. And you're just wasting your time.

    > Already a subscriber?
    > Click here to extend your subscription with this special offer

    Ah, just another whore.

  3. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when itgoes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    Wes Newell wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 05:03:21 -0800, home.home1 wrote:
    >
    >> Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes
    >> onsale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    > I don't think you'll find many in this group that will buy it at all.
    > Certainly not me. And you're just wasting your time.
    >
    >> Already a subscriber?
    >> Click here to extend your subscription with this special offer

    > Ah, just another whore.

    I not going to be purchasing Windows Vista. But not because it is a
    Microsoft product. Because of it's license. It is a single install
    license. You buy it, you install it, you activate it and get to use it.
    But if your motherboard or hard drive takes a crap on you, tough ****,
    you have to buy another copy of Windows Vista to go with your new hard
    drive.

  4. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:19:11 +0000, Vance wrote:

    > I not going to be purchasing Windows Vista. But not because it is a
    > Microsoft product. Because of it's license. It is a single install
    > license. You buy it, you install it, you activate it and get to use it.
    > But if your motherboard or hard drive takes a crap on you, tough ****,
    > you have to buy another copy of Windows Vista to go with your new hard
    > drive.

    Way off topic, but very interesting. Just doesn't sound right. I wouldn't
    think anyone would buy it under those conditions. Doesn't much matter to
    me one way or the other though. I wouldn't use it if it were free.

  5. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    Vance wrote:

    > I not going to be purchasing Windows Vista. But not because it is a
    > Microsoft product. Because of it's license. It is a single install
    > license. You buy it, you install it, you activate it and get to use it.
    > But if your motherboard or hard drive takes a crap on you, tough ****,
    > you have to buy another copy of Windows Vista to go with your new hard
    > drive.

    You /never/ /own/ Windows, you can only /lease/ it. The Microsoft EULA
    (which is illegal in most territories) gives them rights to the contents of
    your hard drive.

    The first Vista-specific viruses are already in the wild, and a fundamental
    vulnerability in Internet Expoder leaves any net-connected box entirely
    vulnerable . The much-vaunted "firewall" leaves important ports open by
    default, and all the "anti-virus" snake-oil companies can't /integrate/
    their products with this "operating system".

    The hardware requirements for "Vista" are ridiculous - the hardware vendors
    are rubbing their hands with glee!

    The first Vista botnet is already out there, spamming away!

    This over-priced, bloated, insecure, unstable piece of rubbish should be the
    beginning of the end for Microsoft. They've delivered what amounts to an
    XP-plus (there's nothing really new in "Vista") because all their real
    programmers left over the last few years - they're mostly now working on
    open-source projects - and because the marketing department is now running
    the show. The current iterations of Mandriva and Ubuntu are at least five
    years ahead of anything from Microsoft.

    C.

  6. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    Hello!

    "Windows Vista Developer" edition

    Cheers, Roman

  7. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    I'm planning on buying the Suse version.

  8. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    On Saturday 02 December 2006 16:14, A. Nonymoose stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > I'm planning on buying the Suse version.

    .... In which case Microsoft promises not to sue you over the absence of
    their intellectual property in the Linux kernel... ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  9. Re: Which version of Windows Vista are you planning to buy when it goes on sale on 30 January 2007? Take our poll and let us know!

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > Is ****ting myself a bad thing?

    What do the shrinks at the mental hospital you live in tell you?

+ Reply to Thread