Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista - Mandrake ; Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista today, promising better security and improved search and claiming it will be the fastest ever adopted operating system it has released. But some users have already questioned the business benefits of upgrading to ...

  1. Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista today,
    promising better security and improved search and claiming it will be
    the fastest ever adopted operating system it has released.

    But some users have already questioned the business benefits of
    upgrading to Vista, citing the relative stability and security of
    Windows XP and a lack of compelling features in Vista.

    Based on using the second beta version of Vista here are the five
    things to get excited about Vista for - and the five things you'll hate
    it for.

    Five things to love about Windows Vista

    Search or create virtual files - Forget directories, forget directory
    trees. Microsoft has integrated search throughout its new operating
    system, and you'll quickly come to wonder how you lived without it. You
    can search for all documents authored by John Doe, then save the search
    as a virtual file folder for later reference without having to
    physically relocate or make copies of all those files

    Want more photos?

    Click here to browse the full archive of our photo stories.

    Gadgets - In Windows Vista, Microsoft allows you to drag and drop
    Gadgets (think Widgets on the Apple Mac OS X desktop) to tell the time,
    calculate currency or tackle any trivial task you perform regularly
    that would be handier if it were always on top of your current screen.
    Presently, you can acquire Gadgets for your Windows XP machine from
    online sites such as Windows Live. In the near future, Microsoft says
    you'll be able to write your own Windows Vista Gadgets, allowing you to
    really personalise your desktop.

    Built-in diagnostics - Programs refusing to run, operating system
    crashes - Microsoft says these will be things of the past with Vista.

    So far, we've seen more dialogues, from explaining why an application
    won't run to warning us that there are driver conflicts that prevent
    our laptop system from going to sleep. For example, Vista will listen
    to your hard drive and report pending problems, giving you ample
    warning to back up your data.

    There's also a Problems Report and Solutions monitor where you can see
    what problems Vista has encountered, and then go online to find
    possible solutions. And have you ever noticed how Windows computers get
    slower with age? That's because files get separated from each other on
    your hard drive and require occasional defragmentation. Most of us
    never do it - in part because it uses too many system resources. In
    Vista, the process is automatic and runs in the background, so you
    won't even notice it.

    Need more oomph? Vista will find it for you - Need more RAM? How about
    borrowing some from that 256MB or greater USB drive? In Windows Vista,
    the new Windows ReadyBoost feature can swap flash memory with any large
    USB device. If your laptop has a new hybrid hard drive, the Windows
    ReadyDrive can improve your system's overall performance, battery life
    and reliability by taking advantage of the drive's built-in flash
    capabilities.

    New Windows SuperFetch can cache your hard drive's frequently used
    applications based on the frequency of use so that, for example, every
    Monday morning when you arrive at your desk for work, you can count on
    Outlook and your internet browser to launch quickly. Also, finally,
    there's a new feature called Low-priority Input/Output that should keep
    you productive: in Windows Vista, user applications will get higher
    priority with system resources than antivirus or defragmentation
    processes.

    Enhanced help - Help used to be limited to a few pithy sentences about
    the task you want to perform. Windows Vista changes all that. There are
    more options available within Help inside Vista. For example, you can
    initiate a remote-assistance session so that someone you trust can take
    over your PC remotely and diagnose a problem or perform a task for you.
    You can also go online and search Microsoft's knowledge base or contact
    Microsoft's technical support.

    One really cool feature, however, is labelled Do It Automatically.
    Here, a task such as checking the version of a driver will be
    automated, with your desktop going dark as a pointer arrow floats over
    the screen indicating what to click and where. From time to time, the
    pointer will stop and a dialogue box will require your input before it
    continues to perform the task. Although there are only 15 of these
    automated help sessions within the current Windows Vista beta 2
    release, we hope Microsoft adds more.
    http://software.silicon.com/os/0,390...9164453,00.htm

    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

    1980s
    There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.

    The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    to kill you.

    Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    **** up.

    http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    ____________________________
    ID signature
    Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    Philip Davidson,
    10 Ronald Avenue
    West Ham
    E15 3AH
    East London
    Mobile phone 07906821566
    http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:13:44 -0800, home.home1 got out the hammer and
    chisel and etched in the wall:

    > Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista today,
    > promising better security and improved search and claiming it will be
    > the fastest ever adopted operating system it has released.

    Where can I download the Live DVD?

    --
    kai

    a turn signal is a statement, not a request

  3. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    PerfectReign wrote:

    > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:13:44 -0800, home.home1 got out the hammer and
    > chisel and etched in the wall:
    >
    > > Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista today,
    > > promising better security and improved search and claiming it will be
    > > the fastest ever adopted operating system it has released.
    > >

    > Where can I download the Live DVD?
    >
    > --
    > kai
    > www.perfectreign.com || www.4thedadz.com
    >
    > a turn signal is a statement, not a request

    It is still available for download it is also available on "elite BBS".
    Although if you wanted to download commercial Linux it costs £65
    and if you want technical support you must pay for that also.

    http://www.redhat.com/

    http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    If you decide to download Vista, you can also download the hack
    antiwpa.all making you eligible for any future upgrades.

    __________________________________________________ _________________________

[...]

  4. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > http://www.redhat.com/
    > http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    > Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    To my knowledge, there are no Product Activation crippling of these
    Linux systems.

    To be able to install and run software, and to be able to use our own
    computers and access our data without being dependent on a Product
    Activation service, might be described as a not insignificant advantage.

    Also, as a professional writer who uses Linux every day, I cannot agree
    with statements that Linux is less capable as a desktop system.

    Greetings,
    Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

  5. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:

    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.redhat.com/
    > > http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    > > Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    > To my knowledge, there are no Product Activation crippling of these
    > Linux systems.
    >
    > To be able to install and run software, and to be able to use our own
    > computers and access our data without being dependent on a Product
    > Activation service, might be described as a not insignificant advantage.
    >
    > Also, as a professional writer who uses Linux every day, I cannot agree
    > with statements that Linux is less capable as a desktop system.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

    Ambitious plans by the Norwegian city of Bergen to move to an
    open-source desktop environment have been suspended.

    http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...9420888,00.htm

    We will have to agree to disagree.

    __________________________________________________ _________________________

[...]

  6. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:

    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.redhat.com/
    >> http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    >> Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    > To my knowledge, there are no Product Activation crippling of these
    > Linux systems.
    >
    > To be able to install and run software, and to be able to use our own
    > computers and access our data without being dependent on a Product
    > Activation service, might be described as a not insignificant advantage.
    >
    > Also, as a professional writer who uses Linux every day, I cannot agree
    > with statements that Linux is less capable as a desktop system.

    You're dealing with home.home1, the 'nets ****tard and an abortion survivor.

  7. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On 30 Nov 2006 13:13:44 -0800, home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    > Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista today,

    Thanks for reminding me I have to update my killfile for
    Subject:.*vista.

    OBTW, *plonk* you, too.

  8. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:
    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.redhat.com/
    >> http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    >> Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    > To my knowledge, there are no Product Activation crippling of these
    > Linux systems.
    >
    > To be able to install and run software, and to be able to use our own
    > computers and access our data without being dependent on a Product
    > Activation service, might be described as a not insignificant advantage.
    >
    > Also, as a professional writer who uses Linux every day, I cannot agree
    > with statements that Linux is less capable as a desktop system.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

    this guy is just such a wanker spewing his crap about

  9. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Could the moderator of this list filter this MOFO out please? No
    interesting posts whatsoever...

  10. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On Friday 01 December 2006 10:26, Maxim Heijndijk stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Could the moderator of this list filter this MOFO out please? No
    > interesting posts whatsoever...

    Unfortunately, the two /alt.os.linux.mandr*/ groups are unmoderated, and I
    presume that the same applies to /alt.os.linux.suse./ :-/

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  11. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:26:49 +0100, Maxim Heijndijk wrote:

    > Could the moderator of this list filter this MOFO out please? No
    > interesting posts whatsoever...

    There isn't a moderator on "alt.*" newsgroups, and this isn't a "list".

  12. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:26:49 +0100, Maxim Heijndijk wrote:

    > Could the moderator of this list filter this MOFO out please? No
    > interesting posts whatsoever...

    Unfortunately newsgroups don't work that way. OTOH, you can set your
    newsreader to filter out post from whomever you want and send them
    straight to the trash.

  13. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On 2006-12-01, Aragorn wrote:
    > On Friday 01 December 2006 10:26, Maxim Heijndijk stood up and addressed the
    > masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:
    >
    >> Could the moderator of this list filter this MOFO out please? No
    >> interesting posts whatsoever...

    > Unfortunately, the two /alt.os.linux.mandr*/ groups are unmoderated, and I
    > presume that the same applies to /alt.os.linux.suse./ :-/

    Each reader and each poster is responsible for doing their own personal
    "moderation".

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  14. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Wes Newell schreef:

    > On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:26:49 +0100, Maxim Heijndijk wrote:
    >
    >> Could the moderator of this list filter this MOFO out please? No
    >> interesting posts whatsoever...

    > Unfortunately newsgroups don't work that way. OTOH, you can set your
    > newsreader to filter out post from whomever you want and send them
    > straight to the trash.

    I'll do that right away!

    Grtz, Max

  15. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:28:10 -0800, home.home1 got out the hammer and
    chisel and etched in the wall:

    > Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:
    >
    >> home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >>
    >> > http://www.redhat.com/
    >> > http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    >> > Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    >> To my knowledge, there are no Product Activation crippling of these
    >> Linux systems.
    >>
    >> To be able to install and run software, and to be able to use our own
    >> computers and access our data without being dependent on a Product
    >> Activation service, might be described as a not insignificant advantage.
    >>
    >> Also, as a professional writer who uses Linux every day, I cannot agree
    >> with statements that Linux is less capable as a desktop system.
    >>
    >> Greetings,
    >> Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

    > Ambitious plans by the Norwegian city of Bergen to move to an
    > open-source desktop environment have been suspended.
    >
    > http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...9420888,00.htm

    This is always the case when such projects are done wrong and for the
    wrong reasons.

    > We will have to agree to disagree.

    I don't know what your problem is.

    I've been using exclusively SUSE for development and other tasks since
    last year.

    /me shrugs

    You still haven't answered where I can download a Live DVD of Vista. When
    I got the Beta2 it wanted to format my hard drive. I threw it away.

    --
    kai

    a turn signal is a statement, not a request

  16. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    home.home1@virgin.net writes:

    > Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:
    >
    > > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.redhat.com/
    > > > http://www.novell.com/linux/ Unfortunately they do not live up to
    > > > Windows standards as in a desktop computer system.

    > > To my knowledge, there are no Product Activation crippling of these
    > > Linux systems.
    > >
    > > To be able to install and run software, and to be able to use our own
    > > computers and access our data without being dependent on a Product
    > > Activation service, might be described as a not insignificant advantage.
    > >
    > > Also, as a professional writer who uses Linux every day, I cannot agree
    > > with statements that Linux is less capable as a desktop system.
    > >
    > > Greetings,
    > > Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

    > Ambitious plans by the Norwegian city of Bergen to move to an
    > open-source desktop environment have been suspended.
    >
    > http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...9420888,00.htm
    >
    > We will have to agree to disagree.
    >
    > __________________________________________________ _________________________
    >

    > 1980s
    > There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    > days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    > U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.
    >

    > The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    > One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    > to kill you.
    >

    > Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    > **** up.
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    > It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    > ____________________________
    > ID signature
    > Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    > Philip Davidson,
    > 10 Ronald Avenue
    > West Ham
    > E15 3AH
    > East London
    > Mobile phone 07906821566
    > http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

    Like Per, as a writer I've found the Linux desktop quite usable.

    But if this wasn't Per's point, then I'll make it:

    Linux hasn't been for techies for some years now. If writers can use
    it, anyone can.

    Not to beat a dead horse, but when I last used Windows I was using
    StarOffice for Windows. When I went to Linux, I used StarOffice for
    Linux. Not exactly a big jump.

    Most of my adjustment came from having to switch from AOL (Yes, I was
    one of them) to using regular Internet programs. Luckily, to set it up
    (one of the advantages of AOL is this is automatic) all I had to do
    was call tech support of my dial-up. No problem. As it turned out, I
    used that knowledge to set up an account of a relative a few months
    later who was using Windows. Very little was different, even though it
    was Windows and a different company.

    Since I'm now using broadband, I called that dial-up ISP to cancel the
    account. I explained going to broadband, but said I'd originally
    picked them because they didn't say "What's that?" when I said I used
    Linux. The representative told me that was because the ISP has a Linux
    system.

    Wish they had broadband.

    --Rod
    ______________________
    Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical
    Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail
    take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.

  17. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > Five things to love about Windows Vista

    1. I don't have to use it
    2. I save big bux on Vi$ta purchase price as I'll be sticking to my XP/Linux
    dual-boot combo
    3. As linux continues to grow, particularly on the desktop, it will beat
    Windoze Vi$ta - it already has a larger uptake of users.
    4. It will herald the end of the evil empire when its sales targets are not
    met due to the high price and single install only licence.
    5. Vi$ta will encourage more people to try linux out, with some excellent
    distro's aimed at desktop users getting better each release, this will
    cause Micro$tuft some concern.

    Despite the title of the thread, the Micro$tuft $erf didn't provide
    Five reasons to hate Vi$ta, so I'll give it a go.

    Five things to hate about Windoze Vi$ta:

    1. home.home1@virgin.net
    2. home.home1@virgin.net
    3. home.home1@virgin.net
    4. home.home1@virgin.net
    5. all the other Windroid Trolls.

    --
    Regards: *krONik*
    "Somewhere ... *something incredible* is waiting to be known!"

  18. Re: Five reasons to love (and hate) Windows Vista

    Yes - I know topposting. I usially don't fill trolls, but just this time.
    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    > Microsoft finally launches the long-awaited Windows Vista today,
    > promising better security and improved search and claiming it will be
    > the fastest ever adopted operating system it has released.

    OK, this is just a cut from Kicrosoft marketing people. Some people look
    forward to Vista, many says why on earth should I change? Whose
    bottonline will improve by soing so ? Mine or Microsots? Better security
    - well that dead horse has been dragged onto the track since Windows3.

    > But some users have already questioned the business benefits of
    > upgrading to Vista, citing the relative stability and security of
    > Windows XP and a lack of compelling features in Vista.

    Yes. It won't hit the corporate desktops for a long time. Users will get
    it stuffed down their throats as it will be standard preinstalled OS
    which they pay for, even if the first thing they do is strip the disk
    and install soemthing else.

    > Five things to love about Windows Vista
    >
    > Search or create virtual files - Forget directories, forget directory
    > trees. Microsoft has integrated search throughout its new operating
    > system, and you'll quickly come to wonder how you lived without it. You
    > can search for all documents authored by John Doe, then save the search
    > as a virtual file folder for later reference without having to
    > physically relocate or make copies of all those files

    Forget directories and files. Yes just as you have been doing in f.enst
    Lotus Domino/Notes and real CRM for decades. Save the search is know in
    real IT as indexes for decades. Microsoft - always last with the first.

    > Want more photos?

    No, I had enough Microsoft false photos and fake videos in the antitrust
    case.

    > Click here to browse the full archive of our photo stories.
    >
    > Gadgets - In Windows Vista, Microsoft allows you to drag and drop
    > Gadgets (think Widgets on the Apple Mac OS X desktop) to tell the time,
    > calculate currency or tackle any trivial task you perform regularly
    > that would be handier if it were always on top of your current screen.
    > Presently, you can acquire Gadgets for your Windows XP machine from
    > online sites such as Windows Live. In the near future, Microsoft says
    > you'll be able to write your own Windows Vista Gadgets, allowing you to
    > really personalise your desktop.

    Old news. Again, last with the first.

    > Built-in diagnostics - Programs refusing to run, operating system
    > crashes - Microsoft says these will be things of the past with Vista.

    Wow. FInally after 25 years they might have a rela log. Maybe better
    that the "Last shutdown was unexpected". Yes I know that. That's why my
    and support dept. phones went beserk as 250 users suddenly lost all
    work, I we haven't a clue as to what happened. We will never get it, so
    we just reboot the servers and hope it won't happen again. Real good
    system - not.

    > So far, we've seen more dialogues, from explaining why an application
    > won't run to warning us that there are driver conflicts that prevent
    > our laptop system from going to sleep. For example, Vista will listen
    > to your hard drive and report pending problems, giving you ample
    > warning to back up your data.

    Oh fine. That was possible on a IBM S/36 in 1990. Nice to see Microsoft
    offering the same now 16 years later.

    > There's also a Problems Report and Solutions monitor where you can see
    > what problems Vista has encountered, and then go online to find
    > possible solutions. And have you ever noticed how Windows computers get
    > slower with age? That's because files get separated from each other on
    > your hard drive and require occasional defragmentation. Most of us
    > never do it - in part because it uses too many system resources. In
    > Vista, the process is automatic and runs in the background, so you
    > won't even notice it.

    So the routine reinstall of Windows every 6 miónths is caused by disk
    defragmentation. Then why not create a disksystem that prevents disk
    defragmentation. Other companies can, but MS obviously can't.

    > Need more oomph? Vista will find it for you - Need more RAM? How about
    > borrowing some from that 256MB or greater USB drive? In Windows Vista,
    > the new Windows ReadyBoost feature can swap flash memory with any large
    > USB device. If your laptop has a new hybrid hard drive, the Windows
    > ReadyDrive can improve your system's overall performance, battery life
    > and reliability by taking advantage of the drive's built-in flash
    > capabilities.

    RAM from the USB drive ?? Oh yes of course. That's because the USB
    protocol is lightning fast, only to be surpassed by the CD drive. Maybe
    it would be beter to write more lean SW, but of course this is impossible.

    > New Windows SuperFetch can cache your hard drive's frequently used
    > applications based on the frequency of use so that, for example, every
    > Monday morning when you arrive at your desk for work, you can count on
    > Outlook and your internet browser to launch quickly. Also, finally,
    > there's a new feature called Low-priority Input/Output that should keep
    > you productive: in Windows Vista, user applications will get higher
    > priority with system resources than antivirus or defragmentation
    > processes.

    Yeah. Downgrade the system resources in favour of user programs. OS/2
    monitored program activity and adjusted accordingly. So do a lot of
    other real OS's, some you can even tune, and I don't call the options of
    tuning for background or applications in Windows for tuning. Windows you
    tune by throwing better HW at bad programs. Just as you put a bigger
    engine in your car when the brakes hang.

    > Enhanced help - Help used to be limited to a few pithy sentences about
    > the task you want to perform. Windows Vista changes all that. There are
    > more options available within Help inside Vista. For example, you can
    > initiate a remote-assistance session so that someone you trust can take
    > over your PC remotely and diagnose a problem or perform a task for you.
    > You can also go online and search Microsoft's knowledge base or contact
    > Microsoft's technical support.

    Actually Windows inbuilt help is not that bad. The MS knowledge base and
    the KB search is real bad, and I long ago switched to Google for solving
    Windows problems. Remote assistance was possible in the early 1990's, so
    we herald something 16 years late. Ever tried to send a mail to
    Microsoft or use the 'comment this' feature on their WEB pages. If - and
    that's a big IF - it works, have you ever got a sensible reply useful
    for anything ?

    > One really cool feature, however, is labelled Do It Automatically.
    > Here, a task such as checking the version of a driver will be
    > automated, with your desktop going dark as a pointer arrow floats over
    > the screen indicating what to click and where. From time to time, the
    > pointer will stop and a dialogue box will require your input before it
    > continues to perform the task. Although there are only 15 of these
    > automated help sessions within the current Windows Vista beta 2
    > release, we hope Microsoft adds more.
    > http://software.silicon.com/os/0,390...9164453,00.htm

    Ah yes - just what everybody needs. An automated task that takes over
    your desktop in the middle of a sales representation.

    > __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    >
    > 1980s
    > There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    > days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    > U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.
    >

    > The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    > One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    > to kill you.
    >

    > Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    > **** up.
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    > It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    > ____________________________
    > ID signature
    > Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    > Philip Davidson,
    > 10 Ronald Avenue
    > West Ham
    > E15 3AH