4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore - Mandrake

This is a discussion on 4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore - Mandrake ; left_coast wrote: > Bill Pfeifer wrote: > > > left_coast wrote: > >> SD Tester wrote: > >> > >>> 4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore > >> > >> Welcome to the group. If your test post was ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: 4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore

    left_coast wrote:
    > Bill Pfeifer wrote:
    >
    > > left_coast wrote:

    > >> Welcome to the group. If your test post was intended for
    > >> alt.os.linux.mandrake it was indeed successful. Regretfully there are
    > >> those that will tell a lie [1][2] and say that it failed. I suggest you
    > >> consider for yourself why someone would claim a successful post is a
    > >> failure and judge there comments accordingly.
    > >>
    > >> [1] The defintion I use for "tell a lie" is:
    > >>
    > >> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...1791&dict=CALD
    > >>
    > >> "tell a lie/lies
    > >> to say something/things that are not true"
    > >>
    > >> Anyone that claims I meant anything other than "to say something/things
    > >> that are not true" is not being truthful. Note the definition I use does
    > >> NOT REQUIRE deceit either intended or otherwise.
    > >>
    > >> [2] The definition I use for "lie" is:
    > >>
    > >> "lie
    > >> noun [C]
    > >> something that you say which you know is not true"
    > >>
    > >> Again anyone that claims I meant something other than "something that you
    > >> say which you know is not true" is not being truthful. Note I use the
    > >> NOUN form of lie, NOT THE VERB, anyone trying to claim that I used the
    > >> verb form is trying to claim I said something I did not. Again, the
    > >> definition I use does not require deceit either intended or otherwise.
    > >> Again, I suggest you consider why someone would do such a thing and judge
    > >> their posts accordingly.
    > >>
    > >> I used "tell a lie" to impart a specific meaning, I included the
    > >> clarifications here because there are those that try to claim I am saying
    > >> something I am not saying.

    > > Has anybody ever told you how incredibly boring you are?

    > Then don't read what I have to say. The simple fact is, I am correct in what
    > I say. It is regrettable that you feel the need to make this about
    > something other than the message at hand, there are way to many people
    > already here doing just that. And yes, it is boring trying to constantly
    > correct the miss-information spread by my detractors.
    > --
    > In prep for a move and the need to be more mobile, I have changed my usenet
    > server. If anyone has any filters based on my posting host, you should
    > update them now.

    Ah, yes, of course you're correct.
    You're always correct.
    You cannot ever be incorrect.

    But you're still incredibly boring.

  2. Re: 4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore

    On Tuesday 05 December 2006 22:30, billpfeifer@hotmail.com stood up and
    addressed the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > left_coast wrote:
    >
    >> Then don't read what I have to say. The simple fact is, I am correct in
    >> what I say. It is regrettable that you feel the need to make this about
    >> something other than the message at hand, there are way to many people
    >> already here doing just that. And yes, it is boring trying to constantly
    >> correct the miss-information spread by my detractors.
    >> --
    >> In prep for a move and the need to be more mobile, I have changed my
    >> usenet server. If anyone has any filters based on my posting host, you
    >> should update them now.

    > Ah, yes, of course you're correct.
    > You're always correct.
    > You cannot ever be incorrect.
    >
    > But you're still incredibly boring.

    Careful now, or he'll send a couple of complaints to your ISP, accusing you
    of spamming and of breaching the /Netiquette./

    Believe me, I know what I'm talking about... ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: [OT] 4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore

    On 5 Dec 2006 13:30:55 -0800, billpfeifer@hotmail.com wrote:

    Please trim your posts. Some people are on dial up and/or have to pay
    by the byte.

    > Ah, yes, of course you're correct.
    > You're always correct.
    > You cannot ever be incorrect.

    Just a cautionary FYI. You may want to be very careful with left_coast.
    left_coast has ways of taking care of people he does not like.

    matt_left_coast, left_coast, has been cyber stalking me for for over a year,
    so feel free to take the following with a grain of salt.
    Sorry for the long urls.

    If you are to continue dialog with left_coast you might want to plug this
    lau1j3-35i.ln1@alta.sierrandays.org
    in the Message ID: box at

    Knowing that, you can research his tactics in this thread
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...3f1a125921d989

    Now, here is the /kicker/. Several of a Usenet group regulars were getting
    fed up with his trolling posts and one of our very helpful regulars
    put forth a thread to amend the newsgroup's
    New Users - FAQ for alt.os.linux.mandrake/mandriva
    document.
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...b376278b811700

    Left_coast immediately fired off at least 2 abuse reports within about
    24 hours +/- processing time for all envolved.

    As I misunderstand it, 1'st abuse report was a spam report and the
    2'nd was "Subject line" breach of etiquette.

    Thread started about 10:22, left_coast sent an abuse report, abuse dept
    contacted Aragorn, he responded to abuse dept email, and at 11:22 posted
    about left_coast's /backstabbing/ *dastardly* attempt to have him silenced.

    At post 38, we see left_coast posting from a Usenet server which does
    not provide his ip address and with an Acceptable Use Policy which
    lets him get away with just about anything.

    Proceed at your own risk.

  4. Re: [OT] 4321 - Test Post - Please Ignore

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On 5 Dec 2006 13:30:55 -0800, billpfeifer@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    > Please trim your posts. Some people are on dial up and/or have to pay
    > by the byte.
    >
    >> Ah, yes, of course you're correct.
    >> You're always correct.
    >> You cannot ever be incorrect.

    > Just a cautionary FYI. You may want to be very careful with left_coast.
    > left_coast has ways of taking care of people he does not like.
    >
    > matt_left_coast, left_coast, has been cyber stalking me for for over a year,
    > so feel free to take the following with a grain of salt.
    > Sorry for the long urls.
    >

    > If you are to continue dialog with left_coast you might want to plug this
    > lau1j3-35i.ln1@alta.sierrandays.org
    > in the Message ID: box at
    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >
    > Knowing that, you can research his tactics in this thread
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...3f1a125921d989
    >
    > Now, here is the /kicker/. Several of a Usenet group regulars were getting
    > fed up with his trolling posts and one of our very helpful regulars
    > put forth a thread to amend the newsgroup's
    > New Users - FAQ for alt.os.linux.mandrake/mandriva
    > document.
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...b376278b811700
    >
    > Left_coast immediately fired off at least 2 abuse reports within about
    > 24 hours +/- processing time for all envolved.
    >
    > As I misunderstand it, 1'st abuse report was a spam report and the
    > 2'nd was "Subject line" breach of etiquette.
    >
    > Thread started about 10:22, left_coast sent an abuse report, abuse dept
    > contacted Aragorn, he responded to abuse dept email, and at 11:22 posted
    > about left_coast's /backstabbing/ *dastardly* attempt to have him silenced.
    >
    > At post 38, we see left_coast posting from a Usenet server which does
    > not provide his ip address and with an Acceptable Use Policy which
    > lets him get away with just about anything.
    >
    > Proceed at your own risk.

    Thanks for the heads-up. That guy seems to be a real psycho.
    (and incredibly boring)
    I'll ignore him from now on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2