Re: Original subject-line removed. - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: Original subject-line removed. - Mandrake ; Whiskers wrote: > On 2006-11-15, Bit Twister wrote: >> On 15 Nov 2006 08:42:10 -0800, home.home1@virgin.net wrote: >> >> For all you lurkers, you might want to start reporting the trolls. >> >> In this case just extract full headers ...

  1. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-11-15, Bit Twister wrote:
    >> On 15 Nov 2006 08:42:10 -0800, home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >>
    >> For all you lurkers, you might want to start reporting the trolls.
    >>
    >> In this case just extract full headers and body, add
    >>
    >> Usenet abuser, libelous defamation of char. off topic post.
    >>
    >> to top of header/body, mail it to groups-abuse@google.com
    >>
    >> and fill out an abuse report with his ISP at
    >> http://www.ntlworld.com/netreport

    > Thanks for your support )

    There you go Whiskers, more support for you, just filed my
    abuse report. I'm sure there are kids on these newsgroups
    and that sort of language is completely uncalled for.

    Andy J.
    --
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  2. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On 2006-11-22, Andy J. wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-11-15, Bit Twister wrote:
    >>> On 15 Nov 2006 08:42:10 -0800, home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >>>
    >>> For all you lurkers, you might want to start reporting the trolls.
    >>>
    >>> In this case just extract full headers and body, add
    >>>
    >>> Usenet abuser, libelous defamation of char. off topic post.
    >>>
    >>> to top of header/body, mail it to groups-abuse@google.com
    >>>
    >>> and fill out an abuse report with his ISP at
    >>> http://www.ntlworld.com/netreport

    >> Thanks for your support )

    > There you go Whiskers, more support for you, just filed my
    > abuse report. I'm sure there are kids on these newsgroups
    > and that sort of language is completely uncalled for.

    That's putting it mildly.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  3. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 20:51, Andy J. stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > There you go Whiskers, more support for you, just filed my
    > abuse report. I'm sure there are kids on these newsgroups
    > and that sort of language is completely uncalled for.

    Ironically and sadly enough - as I have come to experience myself on IRC
    many years ago - the ones *using* this type of language are also typically
    the same ones we're trying to protect from it... :-/

    Even a true Microsoft shill wouldn't resort to that kind of talk - they're
    far more sophisticated than that. Only the stupid and immature trolls do -
    yeah, I've also seen my share of that on /comp.os.linux.advocacy/ at the
    time - and they're typically just teenagers. And undereducated ones at
    that.

    Quite typically, this is the kind of teenager who only uses a computer for
    downloading porn or MP3's - under the premise "Nothing's illegal if nobody
    catches you" - or playing on-line games.

    And some of them call themselves hackers - in the false meaning of the word
    "hacker" as someone who breaks into computers, i.e. a _cracker_ - because
    they've downloaded some tool that runs on Windows only and that they can
    use to harass IRC networks or DDoS webservers with. In other words, script
    kiddies.

    But don't let us take this up too far. The cretin that started this and
    similar threads and who still seems to be active at keeping it alive - I
    have him /killfiled/ so I'm not seeing his posts - is definitely not a
    script kiddie. His abundant use of gutter-taught language and idiotic
    trolling subjects clearly suggests that this is one of the more
    intellectually challenged trolls.

    They're the most vicious ones and they give you the most short-term trouble,
    but their impact on the very slowly growing popularity of GNU/Linux is very
    small. They're just a pest to have around, and they would definitely do us
    all a big favor using a can of heavy-duty bugspray as an inhaler.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  4. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On 2006-11-23, Aragorn wrote:
    > On Wednesday 22 November 2006 20:51, Andy J. stood up and addressed the
    > masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    snip

    > They're the most vicious ones and they give you the most short-term trouble,
    > but their impact on the very slowly growing popularity of GNU/Linux is very
    > small. They're just a pest to have around, and they would definitely do us
    > all a big favor using a can of heavy-duty bugspray as an inhaler.

    Tut tut. You know that is bad for the environment.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  5. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Thursday 23 November 2006 16:10, Whiskers stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On 2006-11-23, Aragorn wrote:

    >> They're the most vicious ones and they give you the most short-term
    >> trouble, but their impact on the very slowly growing popularity of
    >> GNU/Linux is very small. They're just a pest to have around, and they
    >> would definitely do us all a big favor using a can of heavy-duty bugspray
    >> as an inhaler.
    >>

    > Tut tut. You know that is bad for the environment.

    In the event of this kind of trolls, the spraycan is the lesser of two
    evils... ;-■

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  6. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    Aragorn wrote:

    > In the event of this kind of trolls, the spraycan is the lesser of two
    > evils... ;-■

    By the way guys, our 'friend' here seems to be very proud of pointing
    out his nationality. I'd just like to redress the balance and mention
    that not all we Brits are foul-mouthed, ignorant bigots. Mind you, he
    is from West-Ham.................

    Andy J.
    --
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  7. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Thursday 23 November 2006 22:57, Andy J. stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >> In the event of this kind of trolls, the spraycan is the lesser of two
    >> evils... ;-■

    > By the way guys, our 'friend' here seems to be very proud of pointing
    > out his nationality. I'd just like to redress the balance and mention
    > that not all we Brits are foul-mouthed, ignorant bigots. Mind you, he
    > is from West-Ham.................

    Well, as I have him in my /killfile,/ I've missed that part, and quite
    frankly, considering his verbage, I believed him to be American, as most
    Wintrolls seem to be.

    _note:_ This is not an anti-American prejudice but a statistical analysis of
    my own encounters with Wintrolls. ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  8. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:57:02 +0000, Andy J. wrote:

    > By the way guys, our 'friend' here seems to be very proud of pointing
    > out his nationality.

    Some of us don't give a toss about retards like that one.

    > I'd just like to redress the balance and mention that not all we Brits
    > are foul-mouthed, ignorant bigots.

    Some of us even work with windows.

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html

  9. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Friday 24 November 2006 00:49, Dave stood up and addressed the masses
    in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:57:02 +0000, Andy J. wrote:
    >
    >> By the way guys, our 'friend' here seems to be very proud of pointing
    >> out his nationality.

    > Some of us don't give a toss about retards like that one.
    >
    >> I'd just like to redress the balance and mention that not all we Brits
    >> are foul-mouthed, ignorant bigots.

    > Some of us even work with windows.

    I meant to ask you about that... Does it still try to blow you into outer
    space whenever you attempt to shut it down, with its somewhat poised voice
    going...

    "Sorry, Dave... I can't let you do that, Dave..."

    ? ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  10. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On 2006-11-23, Andy J. wrote:
    > Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >> In the event of this kind of trolls, the spraycan is the lesser of two
    >> evils... ;-■
    >>

    > By the way guys, our 'friend' here seems to be very proud of pointing
    > out his nationality. I'd just like to redress the balance and mention
    > that not all we Brits are foul-mouthed, ignorant bigots. Mind you, he
    > is from West-Ham.................
    >
    > Andy J.

    I live in Tottenham. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  11. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:52:22 GMT, Aragorn wrote:

    > I meant to ask you about that...

    "Switch user permissions on this file... no, this file... no *this*
    file... ok, try a reboot... switch user permi... well, ok let's reboot
    again, that bsod kinda ruined... switch user permissions on this file...
    ah, done it. Now, in Linux, it'd be sudo etc, but that's just for amateurs
    isn't it?"

    > Does it still try to blow you into outer space whenever you attempt to
    > shut it down, with its somewhat poised voice going...

    Dunno about lines/scripts, but it's alarming when my PC suddenly decides
    that it'll hang if it's uptime is over 12 hours, after months of being
    powered for days on end.

    > "Sorry, Dave... I can't let you do that, Dave..."

    That line will haunt me. People at work wonder why I've named my PC "HAL".

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
    RLU #300033 - MDV 2006 - WindowMaker 0.92.0

  12. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:54:16 +0000, Whiskers wrote:

    > I live in Tottenham.

    Please accept my apologies.

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
    RLU #300033 - MDV 2006 - WindowMaker 0.92.0

  13. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On 2006-11-24, Dave wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:54:16 +0000, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> I live in Tottenham.

    > Please accept my apologies.

    I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all bad.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  14. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2006-11-24, Dave wrote:
    >> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:54:16 +0000, Whiskers wrote:
    >>
    >>> I live in Tottenham.

    >> Please accept my apologies.

    > I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all bad.

    Are you sure? I'm in Muswell Hill!

    Chris

  15. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 06:51:37 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Please accept my apologies.

    >> I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all bad.

    > Are you sure? I'm in Muswell Hill!
    >
    > Chris

    You poor people - you are both down the smoke.

    --
    Neil
    'The moving finger writes and having writ still makes the same mistakes'.

  16. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On 2006-11-25, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Please accept my apologies.

    >> I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all bad.

    > Are you sure? I'm in Muswell Hill!

    I go there sometimes so that I can get a good view of Tottenham.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  17. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On 2006-11-25, Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 06:51:37 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Whiskers wrote:

    >>> I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all bad.

    >> Are you sure? I'm in Muswell Hill!
    >>
    >> Chris

    > You poor people - you are both down the smoke.

    That was true about a year ago, when that oil-tank farm caught fire. But
    the smoke's all gone now.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  18. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    Neil Ellwood wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 06:51:37 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Whiskers wrote:

    >>> I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all bad.

    >> Are you sure? I'm in Muswell Hill!
    >>
    >> Chris

    > You poor people - you are both down the smoke.

    No - Muswell Hill's *above* all the smoke!

    Chris

  19. Re: Original subject-line removed.

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Please accept my apologies.

    >> I can't blame anyone but myself. Actually, Tottenham isn't at all
    >> bad.

    > Are you sure? I'm in Muswell Hill!

    'He thus became immensely Rich,
    And built the Splendid Mansion which

    Is called The Cedars, Muswell Hill,
    Where he resides in affluence still,'

    Just wanted to remind myself of those lines

    Robert
    --
    La grenouille songe..dans son chÔteau d'eau
    Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread