Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme - Mandrake ; Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's programme http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/ http://www.mozilla.org/ 1980s There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect. U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always. The U.S.A has ...

  1. Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's
    programme
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/

    http://www.mozilla.org/

    1980s
    There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.

    The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    to kill you.

    Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    **** up.

    http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    ____________________________
    ID signature
    Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    Philip Davidson,
    10 Ronald Avenue
    West Ham
    E15 3AH
    East London
    Mobile phone 07906821566
    http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's
    > programme
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/

    Actually Thunderbird is not a Linux program(me) it is a multi platform web
    browser application/program.

    Currently Thunderbird 2, you know the one that has the centre module that
    drops out and has all the smaller Thunderbirds come out of it.

    'programme' here in the UK may refer to TV or sports events or similar,
    however, program without the extra 'me' would be the Internationally
    accepted spelling for computer software applications - 'program' Tho' you
    don't specify that it should have the extra characters at the end, it is
    just myself pointing out that even that is different so why make a
    comparison between completely different items. Computer software and kids
    TV using puppets and models made in his own garage in East Anglia, really
    good comparison, I trust you aren't a West Ham supporter with an IQ lower
    than your football teams scoring rate.

    Will you be telling us that 'Opera' is named after an Italian/German musical
    theatrical performance next, how bad it is because it is named after
    something foreign and not from good old British Empire parts of run down
    Greater London.

    I use several different OS's, being broad minded and tolerant is far better
    than being narrow minded and a bigot. But alas your mind may just wander
    off on to expletives and swear words. fresh from educating the soccer
    hooligans at the weekend are we?

    Andrew Ed

  3. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Andrew Ed wrote:

    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    > > Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's
    > > programme
    > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/
    > >
    > > http://www.mozilla.org/

    > Actually Thunderbird is not a Linux program(me) it is a multi platform web
    > browser application/program.
    >
    > Currently Thunderbird 2, you know the one that has the centre module that
    > drops out and has all the smaller Thunderbirds come out of it.
    >
    > 'programme' here in the UK may refer to TV or sports events or similar,
    > however, program without the extra 'me' would be the Internationally
    > accepted spelling for computer software applications - 'program' Tho' you
    > don't specify that it should have the extra characters at the end, it is
    > just myself pointing out that even that is different so why make a
    > comparison between completely different items. Computer software and kids
    > TV using puppets and models made in his own garage in East Anglia, really
    > good comparison, I trust you aren't a West Ham supporter with an IQ lower
    > than your football teams scoring rate.
    >
    > Will you be telling us that 'Opera' is named after an Italian/German musical
    > theatrical performance next, how bad it is because it is named after
    > something foreign and not from good old British Empire parts of run down
    > Greater London.
    >
    > I use several different OS's, being broad minded and tolerant is far better
    > than being narrow minded and a bigot. But alas your mind may just wander
    > off on to expletives and swear words. fresh from educating the soccer
    > hooligans at the weekend are we?
    >
    > Andrew Ed

    What utter ****ing **** blah blah blah blah blah blah you
    mentally retarded cunt. Television programme and computer
    program have different spellings.

    That particular Thunderbirds computer program is a Linux, desktop
    program. It doesn't matter what desktop they have attempted to convert
    it to it is a Linux desktop program..

    West Ham football is from Upton Park not West Ham you ****ing backward
    cunt.

    Look you utter ****ing cunt **** off. You have got cunt tattooed all
    over your boring ****ing dribble.. **** off.

[...]

  4. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    On Monday 20 November 2006 22:36, Andrew Ed stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    >> Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's
    >> programme
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/

    Nice attempt at ridiculizing FOSS - are you really *that* desperate at
    hiding your own IT incompetence?

    And by the way, I used to watch "Thunderbirds" on television when I was a
    kid. Mid-to-late 1960's.

    >> http://www.mozilla.org/

    > Actually Thunderbird is not a Linux program(me) it is a multi platform web
    > browser application/program.

    By the same token, he could have said the same thing about the AMD
    Thunderbird processor, which was a particular generation - one of the
    first, I believe - of the AMD Athlon, and which was also (but less
    commonly) dubbed /K7./

    > [...] But alas your mind may just wander off on to expletives and swear
    > words. fresh from educating the soccer hooligans at the weekend are we?

    It's quite ironic that those resorting to swearing believe they make a much
    better impression of themselves, while in reality the amount of swearing
    used in a post is inversely proportional to the square of the poster's
    IQ... ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  5. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    mt

    That explains the spelling an illegal immigrant tut tut tut no more
    unemployment benefit for you.

    __________________________________________________ _________________________

[...]

  6. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    wrote in message
    news:1164047256.236521.203320@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    > Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's
    > programme
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/

    I really think you need to get out more, broaden your vision a bit

    Thunderbird was the name given to a Ford product in the late 50's, but even
    then it was taken from a North American Indian name for a noble spirit bird.

    http://www.talewins.com/TerraCottaArt/Thunderbird.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(mythology)

    There was a WWII Training base named "Thinderbird Field" near Phoenix
    Arizona. Despite having lived in Phoenix area for two years, I don't know if
    it still exisits.
    Perhaps someone with the Arizona Wing of the CAF at Falcon Field (another
    base used to train RAF pilots) could answer the question.
    Or you could also post a query on the WIX message board.

    BTW: The creator of the "Thunderbirds" TV series, Gerry Anderson, has said
    that his brother went through RAF flight training there and that'swhen he
    first heard of the name. Later, he thought it would be a good title for his
    show.
    __________________
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between
    the two.

    .................................................. ....

    And please, out of respect to the rest of us, no response

    Stuart

  7. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Stuart Miller wrote:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1164047256.236521.203320@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's
    > > programme
    > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/

    World War II bollocks tut tut tut.

    http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20...ph%20Index.htm

[...]

  8. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Stuart Miller wrote:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1164047256.236521.203320@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's

    Search engine:

    It's a pistol.
    It's a motorcycle.
    It's a children's television programme.
    It's a car.
    it's a light aircraft.

    No. 426 Squadron RCAF
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/...gallery2.shtml

    So it is. Wipe my mouth. Well done.

  9. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    home.ho...@virgin.net wrote:

    > Stuart Miller wrote:
    >
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:1164047256.236521.203320@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    > > > Appropriate Linux for desktops everything is named after a children's

    > Search engine:
    >
    > It's a pistol.
    > It's a motorcycle.
    > It's a children's television programme.
    > It's a car.
    > it's a light aircraft.
    >
    > No. 426 Squadron RCAF
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/...gallery2.shtml
    >
    > So it is. Wipe my mouth. Well done.

  10. Re: (Thunderbird) Squadron (named after a mythical Canadian bird

    Canadian bird so you can still **** off.

[...]

  11. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:02:05 -0800, home.home1 wrote:

    > What utter ****ing **** blah blah blah blah blah blah you
    > mentally retarded cunt. Television programme and computer
    > program have different spellings.

    > West Ham football is from Upton Park not West Ham you ****ing backward
    > cunt.

    > Look you utter ****ing cunt **** off. You have got cunt tattooed all
    > over your boring ****ing dribble.. **** off.

    Abuse report filed.

  12. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    If you post rubbish you deserve abuse .

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.11.21.03.19.48.866583@lan.invalid...
    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:02:05 -0800, home.home1 wrote:
    >
    > > What utter ****ing **** blah blah blah blah blah blah you
    > > mentally retarded cunt. Television programme and computer
    > > program have different spellings.

    > > West Ham football is from Upton Park not West Ham you ****ing backward
    > > cunt.

    > > Look you utter ****ing cunt **** off. You have got cunt tattooed all
    > > over your boring ****ing dribble.. **** off.

    > Abuse report filed.
    >
    > --
    > "Ubuntu" - an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

  13. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > mt
    >
    > That explains the spelling an illegal immigrant tut tut tut no more
    > unemployment benefit for you.

    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    > 1980s
    > There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    > days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    > U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.
    >

    > The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    > One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    > to kill you.
    >

    > Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    > **** up.
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    > It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    > ____________________________
    > ID signature
    > Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    > Philip Davidson,
    > 10 Ronald Avenue
    > West Ham
    > E15 3AH
    > East London
    > Mobile phone 07906821566
    > http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/

    That sig shows who is the child. If you really had considered views, you
    wouldn't need to swear.

    The way to show a sig is to put "--" on a line by itself, then it won't get
    repeated (which of course only people with manners would think of.)

    Doug L.
    Registered Linux User.
    --
    Orthodoxy is my doxy; heterodoxy is your doxy.
    - Wm Warburton, 18th c. Bishop of Gloucester.

  14. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    > > mt
    > >
    > > That explains the spelling an illegal immigrant tut tut tut no more
    > > unemployment benefit for you.

    You are just a child? or a little bit slow. Do not worry about it go
    and watch some cartoons on television.

    ****.
    ****.
    ****.
    Cunt.
    1967
    Greece - A CIA-backed military coup overthrows the
    government two days before the elections. The favorite
    to win was George Papandreous, the liberal candidate.
    During the next six years, the "reign of the colonels"
    backed by the CIA - will usher in the widespread use of
    torture and murder against political opponents. When the
    Greek ambassador objects to President Johnson about U.S.
    plans for Cyprus, he tells him: ( "**** your parliament
    and your constitution". )

[...]

  15. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    On 21 Nov at 3:19 Dan C wrote in message

    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:02:05 -0800, home.home1 wrote:

    [snip]

    > Abuse report filed.

    Look guys, I've chosen to killfile this idiot because of the puerile
    language he emits.

    It is laudable that you bother to file an abuse report, but please don't
    circumvent other peoples' attempts to ignore him by quoting the entirety of
    his foulmouthed outpourings.

    Thanks for your consideration.

    --
    Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
    Buckinghamshire, England

  16. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Stuart Miller wrote:

    > There was a WWII Training base named "Thinderbird Field" near Phoenix
    > Arizona. Despite having lived in Phoenix area for two years, I don't know if
    > it still exisits.

    > Stuart

    Hey, Stuart, this could explain something I've wondered for a while.

    The Mozilla Org/Foundation used to produce the Mozilla Suite, an
    all-in-one Web Browser, E-mail&News agent, Composer, ICQ, But, later,
    they started developing standalone Browser agent and E-mail&News agent,
    which Mozilla Org have continued development of.

    The E-mail&News agent is called Mozilla THUNDERBIRD and the browser
    agent is called Mozilla Firefox, but was Firebird and, before that,
    Mozilla PHOENIX.

    So you have provided a like between the original names, Thunderbird and
    Phoenix.

    thanks.

    Daniel

  17. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    home.home1@virgin.net wrote:

    > mt
    >
    > That explains the spelling an illegal immigrant tut tut tut no more
    > unemployment benefit for you.

    My 'Ancestry' can be traced back to Viking times in the UK so I'm no more an
    immigrant than the vast majority on this island. Indeed there are not many
    places across the world that are actually ruled by pure blood indigenous
    people, many are not even occupied by the original indigenous pure blood
    peoples any more.

    Unemployment benefit, heck no what's that? I make 45/h on Windows desktop
    work and $85/h on all over types of work.

    And yes you had to resort to bad language, never mind you may grow up to be
    able to act your shoe size, but only by the time you are too old and
    wrinkly to bend down and put them on your feet.

    to his age to the power of Avagadro's number.

    I wonder which Ark the OP would have been deligated to being on in a world
    structured as per HHGTTG. He wouldn't be one of the philosophers when he
    has such a poor grasp of the language he uses.

    Andrew Ed

  18. Re: Appropriate everything is named after a children's programme

    Andrew Ed wrote:

    > home.home1@virgin.net wrote:
    >
    > > mt
    > >
    > > That explains the spelling an illegal immigrant tut tut tut no more
    > > unemployment benefit for you.

    > My 'Ancestry' can be traced back to Viking times in the UK so I'm no morean
    > immigrant than the vast majority on this island. Indeed there are not many
    > places across the world that are actually ruled by pure blood indigenous
    > people, many are not even occupied by the original indigenous pure blood
    > peoples any more.
    >
    > Unemployment benefit, heck no what's that? I make 45/h on Windows desktop
    > work and $85/h on all over types of work.
    >
    > And yes you had to resort to bad language, never mind you may grow up to be
    > able to act your shoe size, but only by the time you are too old and
    > wrinkly to bend down and put them on your feet.

    > to his age to the power of Avagadro's number.
    >
    > I wonder which Ark the OP would have been deligated to being on in a world
    > structured as per HHGTTG. He wouldn't be one of the philosophers when he
    > has such a poor grasp of the language he uses.
    >
    > Andrew Ed

    ( alt.os.linux.mandrake )
    I was told you were writing about me on here you snidey little cunt you
    dirty little foreign cunt.

[...]

+ Reply to Thread