Re: Updating Suse - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: Updating Suse - Mandrake ; Marco Trapanese wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Suse 10.1. When will be released a new version, could I update > the OS without do a complete reinstall? In other words, may Linux update > itself? > > > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Re: Updating Suse

  1. Re: Updating Suse


    Marco Trapanese wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running Suse 10.1. When will be released a new version, could I update
    > the OS without do a complete reinstall? In other words, may Linux update
    > itself?
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    > Marco / iw2nzm


    apt-get -u dist-upgrade

    _______
    .-"" '.' ""-.
    ." .'. ".
    /| Q |
    / | :|: |\
    / / . . \"\
    / / ,/: :\, \ "\
    / / / (_i_) \ \ "\
    / / /" | | "\ \ |
    | / /" '-' "\ \."
    || / |/ \ \ \ \
    || ,'-./ \ |--. |
    | \ \ / |
    |\ \ | | /
    \_^-\ \ | /
    \ \ / /
    \ \ / /
    __\ \", / /__
    /- | | \ / / ( -\
    `~-._` ) / | -' _.-'****SuSE KDE poor man's Windows.
    http://203.101.121.3/rpAuth.html

    __________________________________________________ __________________________


    1980s
    There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! And in the
    days before Al'Qaeda, there's only one prime suspect.
    U.S.A sponsoring terrorists as always.


    The U.S.A has sponsored every terrorist organisation in the world.
    One way or another throughout history the U.S.A as attempted
    to kill you.



    Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    **** up.

    http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.
    ____________________________
    ID signature
    Freedom, if you don't use it you lose it.
    Philip Davidson,
    10 Ronald Avenue
    West Ham
    E15 3AH
    East London
    Mobile phone 07906821566
    http://philipdavidson.blogspot.com/


  2. Re: Updating Suse

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:57:30 -0800, home.home1 wrote:

    > Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    > **** up.
    >
    > http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    > It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.


    Abuse report filed.

    --
    "Ubuntu" - an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".


  3. Re: Updating Suse

    Dan C wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:57:30 -0800, home.home1 wrote:
    >
    >> Who's the Governor! You wankers. Keyboard warriors. Put up or shut the
    >> **** up.
    >>
    >> http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
    >> It shows you just how backward yanks are pathetic ****ing yanks.

    >
    > Abuse report filed.
    >

    Good.

    He is recommending apt-get update for an RPM-based distribution as well.

    Last time he was telling us that Thunderbird is a Linux app. The fact that
    the OP cross-posted here suggests that at least he knows the difference
    between Debian and the others.

    Doug L.
    Registered Linux User.
    --
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
    - Voltaire


+ Reply to Thread