Making an audio CD - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Making an audio CD - Mandrake ; I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I create an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find any wav to cda converters in the urpmi sources. -- ...

  1. Making an audio CD

    --
    Warren Post
    Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras

  2. Re: Making an audio CD

    Warren Post wrote:
    > I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I create
    > an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find any wav to cda
    > converters in the urpmi sources.

    You mean you never used k3b ? It'll do the job for you.

    --

    RLU #407952

  3. Re: Making an audio CD

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 04:58:21 +0000, RaMRod wrote:

    > Warren Post wrote:
    >> I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I create
    >> an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find any wav to cda
    >> converters in the urpmi sources.
    >>

    > You mean you never used k3b ? It'll do the job for you.

    if you have wav files, choose audio CD as the project at the opening
    screen.

  4. Re: Making an audio CD

    RaMRod wrote:

    > Warren Post wrote:
    >> I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I
    >> create an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find any wav
    >> to cda converters in the urpmi sources.
    >>

    > You mean you never used k3b ? It'll do the job for you.

    And there is also dvdrip if you want to do command line stuff

  5. Re: Making an audio CD

    Warren Post wrote:

    > I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I create
    > an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find any wav to cda
    > converters in the urpmi sources.

    Xcdroast will do... plus cd-text easily

  6. Re: Making an audio CD

    Quoth Blue :

    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 04:58:21 +0000, RaMRod wrote:
    >
    >> Warren Post wrote:
    >>> I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I
    >>> create an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find
    >>> any wav to cda converters in the urpmi sources.
    >>>

    >> You mean you never used k3b ? It'll do the job for you.

    > if you have wav files, choose audio CD as the project at the opening
    > screen.

    Using k3b I've made audio CDs starting with ogg and mp3, too. Works
    fine and dandy.
    --
    The Man in the Yellow Hat
    Linux with a monkey, since 1996.

  7. Re: Making an audio CD

    El Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:19:43 +0000, al escribió:

    > Xcdroast will do... plus cd-text easily

    Thank you; I see instructions on how to do this in the xcdroast FAQ. I'll
    give it a try.

    --
    Warren Post
    Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras
    http://srcopan.vze.com/

  8. Re: Making an audio CD

    Groovy hepcat Warren Post was jivin' on Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:32:00
    -0600 in alt.os.linux.mandrake.
    Making an audio CD's a cool scene! Dig it!

    >I know how to burn audio (or any) files to a data CD. But how can I create
    >an audio CD playable on any audio CD player? I cannot find any wav to cda
    >converters in the urpmi sources.

    The following script may help you. It allows you to create an audio
    CD from wav files. It doesn't actually burn the CD, but it creates the
    TOC, with CD text if desired. You then use cdrdao to burn the disc.
    It's actually simpler than using k3b. And I've had problems getting CD
    text to burn with k3b (actually it seems to be a cdrecord problem) -
    not that there's a CD player in the known universe that can actually
    read CD text, but I like to have it. Call me crazy.
    Anyhow, I call this script mkaudiocdtoc. (Real imaginative, eh?)
    Here 'tis:

    #!/bin/bash

    function instruct()
    {
    echo "This script makes burning an audio CD with CD text easy."
    echo "It creates a toc file that can be used by cdrdao to burn"
    echo "audio data from either raw audio files or .wav files to"
    echo "a CD, complete with CD text."
    echo ""
    echo "Call with the name of the toc file to create. The script"
    echo "will then prompt you for the CD title and artist. Then it"
    echo "will ask for the filename, title and artist of each track"
    echo "you want on the CD. Just press Enter at the filename prompt"
    echo "when you've finished."
    echo " or"
    echo "Call with the name of the toc file to create followed by"
    echo "the names of all the audio files to add. You can use"
    echo "wildcards for this, of course. The script will then prompt"
    echo "for the CD title and artist. After that it will ask for the"
    echo "title and artist of each track."
    echo ""
    echo "In either case, it is recomended that you review the toc"
    echo "file you've created with a text editor to make sure there"
    echo "are no errors or make any modifications you see fit. You can"
    echo "then burn the CD with the the following command:"
    echo ""
    echo "cdrdao write --device --driver file>"
    }

    if [ $# -eq 0 ] || [ $1 = "-h" ] || [ $1 = "-?" ] || [ $1 = "--help" ]
    then
    instruct
    else
    # Make sure we don't accidentally overwrite an existing file.
    if [ -f $1 ]
    then
    echo "File \"$1\" exists. Overwrite? (y|n)"
    read ANSWER
    if [ "$ANSWER" != "y" ] && [ "$ANSWER" != "Y" ] && \
    [ "$ANSWER" != "yes" ] && [ "$ANSWER" != "YES" ]
    then
    echo "Not overwriting file \"$1\"."
    echo "Quiting."
    exit
    fi
    fi

    # Do header.
    echo "CD_DA" > $1
    echo "CD_TEXT" >> $1
    echo "{" >> $1
    echo " LANGUAGE_MAP { 0 : EN }" >> $1
    echo " LANGUAGE 0" >> $1
    echo " {" >> $1

    echo "CD title:"
    read TITLE
    echo " TITLE \"$TITLE\"" >> $1

    echo "band/artist:"
    read ARTIST
    echo " PERFORMER \"$ARTIST\"" >> $1

    echo " UPC_EAN \"\"" >> $1
    echo " }" >> $1
    echo "}" >> $1

    if [ $# -eq 1 ]
    then
    # Do tracks.
    echo ""
    echo "track filename:"
    read FILENAME
    until [ -z "$FILENAME" ]
    do
    echo "" >> $1
    echo "TRACK AUDIO" >> $1
    echo "CD_TEXT" >> $1
    echo "{" >> $1
    echo " LANGUAGE 0" >> $1
    echo " {" >> $1

    echo "track title:"
    read TITLE
    echo " TITLE \"$TITLE\"" >> $1

    echo "band/artist:"
    read ARTIST
    echo " PERFORMER \"$ARTIST\"" >> $1

    echo " UPC_EAN \"\"" >> $1
    echo " }" >> $1
    echo "}" >> $1

    if [ $# -eq 1 ]
    then
    # Do tracks.
    echo ""
    echo "track filename:"
    read FILENAME
    until [ -z "$FILENAME" ]
    do
    echo "" >> $1
    echo "TRACK AUDIO" >> $1
    echo "CD_TEXT" >> $1
    echo "{" >> $1
    echo " LANGUAGE 0" >> $1
    echo " {" >> $1

    echo "track title:"
    read TITLE
    echo " TITLE \"$TITLE\"" >> $1

    echo "track band/artist:"
    read ARTIST
    echo " PERFORMER \"$ARTIST\"" >> $1

    echo " }" >> $1
    echo "}" >> $1
    echo "PREGAP 00:02:00" >> $1
    echo "AUDIOFILE \"$FILENAME\" 0" >> $1

    echo ""
    echo "track filename: (Press Enter to stop.)"
    read FILENAME
    done
    else
    # Do tracks.