Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake - Mandrake ; Christopher Hunter wrote: >> No, that is entirely incorrect. *I would even say more... *Have you ever >> stopped and wondered just how much of the world around you as you >> perceive it is real? *No? *Well, I have, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 141 to 159 of 159

Thread: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

  1. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >> No, that is entirely incorrect. *I would even say more... *Have you ever
    >> stopped and wondered just how much of the world around you as you
    >> perceive it is real? *No? *Well, I have, and more than once. *It is
    >> called humility, and I would advise you to check it out some day.

    >
    > It can also be seen as solipsism!


    So, backing up claims with documentation is solipsism while continually
    making claims that need to be rephrased because they were misphrased is
    normal according to you. Sorry, I just don't buy it. The person that has
    issues is the person that can't make a claim without rephrasing it
    countless times.

  2. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    left_coast wrote:

    > Dave wrote:
    >
    >>> Furthermore, Dave (from the UK) has already had you in his killfile for
    >>> ages, so he can't even reply to you since he doesn't get to see your
    >>> posts.

    >>
    >> But matt already knows this, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why it's trying
    >> to get me into one of its petty debates.

    >
    > Mistaken Identity, already apologized for.


    No. Stupidity and malice - a nasty combination.

    C.

  3. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >>> But matt already knows this, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why it's trying
    >>> to get me into one of its petty debates.

    >>
    >> Mistaken Identity, already apologized for.

    >
    > No. *Stupidity and malice - a nasty combination.
    >


    an apology is "Stupidity and malice - a nasty combination."? You are out of
    control. You are doing nothing but INSULTING people, guess that is what I
    should expect from Europeans.

  4. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    left_coast wrote:

    > Of course I will be hell bent on proving myself RIGHT when I AM RIGHT. The
    > question is, why do you have such a problem with someone defending
    > themselves when they are RIGHT?



    You've *never* been right. The *facts* you try to shove at us are at
    variance with all that *we* know to be right. *You* have a serious problem
    - *everyone* else is wrong except you.

    Could you not for one moment think - "Perhaps they're right and it's /me/
    that's wrong". No. That wouldn't fit with your bizarre world-view, and
    wouldn't reinforce your bizarre view of your own infallibility.

    C.

  5. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 06:59, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> It can also be seen as solipsism!

    >
    > So, backing up claims with documentation is solipsism while continually
    > making claims that need to be rephrased because they were misphrased is
    > normal according to you. Sorry, I just don't buy it. The person that has
    > issues is the person that can't make a claim without rephrasing it
    > countless times.


    I *needed* to rephrase it "countless times" because with each time, you
    clearly didn't (want to) understand what I was saying, and at the rate you
    were distributing your manifestations of this unwillingness across the
    entire thread, there arose several places where I needed to reformulate the
    same thing over and over.

    This is pure logic.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  6. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 06:55, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Matt simply won't understand that one - like the planes, it'll go right
    >> over his head! 8-)

    >
    > Matt has a dictionary definition on his side, Aragorn has a long history
    > of "mis-phrasing" things.


    That is certainly not true! Furthermore, since we're talking in third
    person, Matt has a long history of misunderstanding things and of showing
    severe signs of dyslexia.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  7. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> So, backing up claims with documentation is solipsism while continually
    >> making claims that need to be rephrased because they were misphrased is
    >> normal according to you. Sorry, I just don't buy it. The person that has
    >> issues is the person that can't make a claim without rephrasing it
    >> countless times.

    >
    > I needed to rephrase it "countless times" because with each time, you
    > clearly didn't (want to) understand what I was saying, and at the rate you
    > were distributing your manifestations of this unwillingness across the
    > entire thread, there arose several places where I needed to reformulate
    > the same thing over and over.


    No, you needed to rephrase it COUNTLESS time because what you said was
    FACTUALLY WRONG. Europeans DID have slaves, Europeans DID leave Europe to
    kidnap Africans even in the last 200 year. How am I supposed to know what
    you are trying to say if you can not even get your facts strait after
    countless rephrasing? How am I supposed to know what you are trying to say
    when you can not say it right even after countless phrasings?

  8. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >> Of course I will be hell bent on proving myself RIGHT when I AM RIGHT.
    >> The question is, why do you have such a problem with someone defending
    >> themselves when they are RIGHT?

    >
    >
    > You've never been right. *The facts you try to shove at us are at
    > variance with all that we know to be right. *You have a serious problem
    > - everyone else is wrong except you.
    >


    So, you know that is right and the historians I cite do not. If that is the
    case, take it up with the historians I have cited, see what they have to
    say about your claims.

  9. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> Matt has a dictionary definition on his side, Aragorn has a long history
    >> of "mis-phrasing" things.

    >
    > That is certainly not true!


    It certainly is true.

    > Furthermore, since we're talking in third
    > person, Matt has a long history of misunderstanding things and of showing
    > severe signs of dyslexia.
    >


    Yeah, that's why historians disagree with YOUR version of history!
    Historians agree with ME, Europeans DID have slaves after the Middle ages
    AND Europeans did kidnap Africans even in the last 200 years. Who agrees
    with Aragorn, some usenet posters that seem content on insulting me? God
    Aragorn, do you actually believe the stuff you say?

  10. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 07:07, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > You are doing nothing but INSULTING people, guess that is what
    > I should expect from Europeans.


    That is strange, because I've seen you get insulted far more vigorously in
    single posts from Dan C than in the combined posts from all of us together
    in this thread, and Dan C is an American - and a very patriottic one, at
    that.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  11. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 07:16, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >>> Of course I will be hell bent on proving myself RIGHT when I AM RIGHT.
    >>> The question is, why do you have such a problem with someone defending
    >>> themselves when they are RIGHT?

    >>
    >>
    >> You've never been right. *The facts you try to shove at us are at
    >> variance with all that we know to be right. *You have a serious problem
    >> - everyone else is wrong except you.
    >>

    >
    > So, you know that is right and the historians I cite do not. If that is
    > the case, take it up with the historians I have cited, see what they have
    > to say about your claims.


    If anything of what Chris just wrote had anything to do with that history
    chapter, then you'd be right.

    The big issue however is that he's not talking about that particular history
    thing. He's talking of this thread, and of other similar threads, which
    had nothing whatsoever to do with the history of slavery in Europe, in
    America, in China or in Hillbilly Hicksville, Texas.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  12. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> You are doing nothing but INSULTING people, guess that is what
    >> I should expect from Europeans.

    >
    > That is strange, because I've seen you get insulted far more vigorously in
    > single posts from Dan C than in the combined posts from all of us together
    > in this thread, and Dan C is an American - and a very patriottic one, at
    > that.


    Getting insulted by the likes of Dan C, and, it seems YOU is a sign I am
    doing something right. The fact remains, you can not get your facts right
    despite constant, countless rephrasing. Europeans have had slaves in the
    last 200 years and Europeans have gone to Africa to kidnap Africans in the
    last 200 years. Your claims to the contrary are simply false.

  13. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> So, you know that is right and the historians I cite do not. If that is
    >> the case, take it up with the historians I have cited, see what they have
    >> to say about your claims.

    >
    > If anything of what Chris just wrote had anything to do with that history
    > chapter, then you'd be right.
    >
    > The big issue however is that he's not talking about that particular
    > history thing. *He's talking of this thread, and of other similar threads,
    > which had nothing whatsoever to do with the history of slavery in Europe,
    > in America, in China or in Hillbilly Hicksville, Texas.


    This thread is just a prime example of how YOU can not get your _facts_
    correct no matter how many time you rephrase your claims. You have done the
    same in countless threads.

  14. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 07:15, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> I needed to rephrase it "countless times" because with each time, you
    >> clearly didn't (want to) understand what I was saying, and at the rate
    >> you were distributing your manifestations of this unwillingness across
    >> the entire thread, there arose several places where I needed to
    >> reformulate the same thing over and over.

    >
    > No, you needed to rephrase it COUNTLESS time because what you said was
    > FACTUALLY WRONG. Europeans DID have slaves, Europeans DID leave Europe to
    > kidnap Africans even in the last 200 year. How am I supposed to know what
    > you are trying to say if you can not even get your facts strait after
    > countless rephrasing? How am I supposed to know what you are trying to say
    > when you can not say it right even after countless phrasings?


    SLAVERY... EUROPEANS.... COUNTLESS... FACTS... PROVE... SLAVES...
    EUROPEANS... EDUCATION...BLAH... BLAH...

    Booooooooringggggg....!!!!

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  15. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 07:28, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    > Getting insulted by the likes of Dan C, and, it seems YOU is a sign I am
    > doing something right.


    The only thing you are doing right is reaping what you have sown. That is
    what I've been telling you since day one, and that is what this is all
    about.

    And please do not compare me to Dan C, who clearly has fascist ideas and who
    has very little concept of what the words "patience", "respect" and
    "courtesy" mean.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  16. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Wednesday 22 November 2006 07:31, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> If anything of what Chris just wrote had anything to do with that history
    >> chapter, then you'd be right.
    >>
    >> The big issue however is that he's not talking about that particular
    >> history thing. *He's talking of this thread, and of other similar
    >> threads, which had nothing whatsoever to do with the history of slavery
    >> in Europe, in America, in China or in Hillbilly Hicksville, Texas.

    >
    > This thread is just a prime example of how YOU can not get your _facts_
    > correct no matter how many time you rephrase your claims. You have done
    > the same in countless threads.


    And this coming from a person who cannot even get his quoting attributions
    straight?

    Here's another little clue for you, Matt. If anything of what you say about
    me were true, then how come that so many people on Usenet like me and thank
    me for helping them? Because by your definition, I would be giving them
    poor and undocumented advice, and I would be insulting them.

    And by the same token, how come the same amount of people on Usenet - and
    probably a vast amount more - have got you /killfiled/ - including some
    people who have the same tendency towards spewing bile as you have - and
    not me?

    Does that all mean that everyone on Usenet is evil? That you're the only
    good and kind soul here? That you're never wrong and that they always are?

    Honestly, if you believe that, then there really is no hope for you at all
    anymore, because then you've already long passed the point where you would
    voluntarily seek out psychiatric help.

    And no, that was not an insult. It is a very neutral and logical
    psycho-sociological conclusion.

    Dare to look into your own heart first, before you judge others.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  17. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> Getting insulted by the likes of Dan C, and, it seems YOU is a sign I am
    >> doing something right.

    >
    > The only thing you are doing right is reaping what you have sown. *


    Yes, great joy over correcting a European on European history!

    > That is
    > what I've been telling you since day one, and that is what this is all
    > about.


    Yes, I was right, Europeans DID kidnap Africans and you were WRONG.

    >
    > And please do not compare me to Dan C,


    Then stop acting like Dan and stop making false claims.

    > who clearly has fascist ideas and
    > who has very little concept of what the words "patience", "respect" and
    > "courtesy" mean.


    You are the same in that neither of you can get your facts straight. Neither
    of you can admit to your errors. Not all things need to be in common to
    make a valid comparison.

    >



  18. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> No, you needed to rephrase it COUNTLESS time because what you said was
    >> FACTUALLY WRONG. Europeans DID have slaves, Europeans DID leave Europe to
    >> kidnap Africans even in the last 200 year. How am I supposed to know what
    >> you are trying to say if you can not even get your facts strait after
    >> countless rephrasing? How am I supposed to know what you are trying to
    >> say when you can not say it right even after countless phrasings?

    >
    > SLAVERY... EUROPEANS.... COUNTLESS... FACTS... PROVE... SLAVES...
    > EUROPEANS... EDUCATION...BLAH... BLAH...
    >
    > *Booooooooringggggg....!!!!
    >


    YEs, I am sure being proven wrong is very boring for you. The fact remains
    your claim that Europeans did not kidnap Africans was FALSE. Your claim
    that Europeans did not have slaves is also FALSE. The fact that you do not
    check your facts before you make false claims and can not admit your errors
    proves you are not to be trusted for accurate information.

  19. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> This thread is just a prime example of how YOU can not get your facts
    >> correct no matter how many time you rephrase your claims. You have done
    >> the same in countless threads.

    >
    > And this coming from a person who cannot even get his quoting attributions
    > straight?


    Your claim that Europeans did not have slaves is FALSE and your claim that
    Europeans did not kidnap Africans is also FALSE. The fact that you can not
    admit your error and chose to attack the person that pointed out the error
    shows a great deal of immaturity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8