Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake - Mandrake ; On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:57:48 GMT, Aragorn wrote: > > So you mean that your /KNode/ doesn't show those? That's strange, because > mine does and always has... :-/ Yes, I thought so to, since I had helped locate ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 159

Thread: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

  1. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:57:48 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    > So you mean that your /KNode/ doesn't show those? That's strange, because
    > mine does and always has... :-/


    Yes, I thought so to, since I had helped locate that problem for user
    awhile back for someone who would not get the same google results.

    My astrisk linux astrisk was hidden because of it being on.

    This is Knode 3.5.4,
    I have fancy formating enabled under View and nothing under
    Configure Knode seems to enable it.

    Would you share how to get to it in your verson, please.

  2. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandrake, in article
    , Dave wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:00:03 +0000, alt.os.linux.mandrake Stats wrote:


    >> ================================================== ========================
    >> Top 20 posters by number of articles
    >> ================================================== ========================
    >> 1: left_coast ................................... : 69


    >> ================================================== ========================
    >> Top 20 threads by no. of articles
    >> ================================================== ========================
    >> 1: Test Message........................................... ...... : 108


    >*sigh*
    >
    >When will people learn? Trolls cannot be reasoned with, they're too stupid
    >to learn.


    Good question - maybe if people paid more attention to the FAQ

    "How to make killfiles for use with various newsreaders."
    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm

    "What is a troll, what do they do, why do they do it, and
    what can one do about them? (Anti Troll FAQ)"
    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm

    they wouldn't have as much useless drivel to ignore or get pissed off about.
    If they are using a real news reader, they can often kill the _responses_ to
    the troll, so they have a better chance of not wasting time. I mean it's
    not as if a troll is ever going to post anything _useful_ to anyone. In
    similar manner, test posts rarely have useful questions OR ANSWERS, so they
    can be safely ignored.

    alt.os.linux.mandrake 338 190 56.2%
    alt.os.linux.mandriva 536 99 18.4%

    That's for November thus far, articles, killed, percentage. I'm trying to
    at least scan some 90 news groups every day (which includes about 40 Linux
    groups), so I don't have the time to waste looking at the noise.

    Old guy

  3. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Moe Trin wrote:

    > Good question - maybe if people paid more attention to the FAQ
    >
    > "How to make killfiles for use with various newsreaders."
    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm
    >
    > "What is a troll, what do they do, why do they do it, and
    > what can one do about them? (Anti Troll FAQ)"
    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >


    Heah, then they could kill file people that tell lies about test posts,
    Killfile trolls that make troll posts claiming that Europeans never
    kidnapped Afrinans into spread Anti-American propaganda throughout the news
    groups.

  4. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    > By the way, funny you call him an "it"... *Reminds me of "The Exorcist".
    > I wonder whether he's spinning his head 360


    I think the person that would be "spinning his head" is the one that males
    false claims that Europeans never kidnapped Africans.

  5. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> How about Aragorns FALSE claims about European history he made so he
    >> could justify his America Bashing?

    >
    > You mean your own inability and unwillingness to correctly interpret what
    > someone else - in this case, myself - has worded less adequately than he
    > intended?


    Just how was I to interpret:

    "I don't recall us traveling all the way to Africa to kidnap some people
    there, take them back to our homelands, rape their wives and whip the skin
    off their backs to get them to work for us in cotton plantations, or even
    killing them for no reason other than sadism, just because it was legal to
    do so."

    As Europeans traveled to Africa to kidnap Africans, took them back to Europe
    to keep them as slaves, or took them to their colonial possessions to rape
    their wives, whip the skin and work in the European Colonial cotton
    plantations?

    Your claims that I am misinterpreting you simple do not meet with the FACTS.
    You know, you claimed to have some medical condition that some how drove
    you to be accurate, articulate... What was that again? Was it Munchausen
    Syndrome?

  6. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On 2006-11-12, Moe Trin wrote:
    >
    > Good question - maybe if people paid more attention to the FAQ
    >
    > "How to make killfiles for use with various newsreaders."
    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm
    >
    > "What is a troll, what do they do, why do they do it, and
    > what can one do about them? (Anti Troll FAQ)"
    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >


    There is a certain irony that people that should know better and also
    'promote' some aspects of netiquette, also seem to ignore it at
    other times..

    Lordy

  7. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On 12 Nov 2006 22:57:38 GMT, lordy wrote:
    >
    > There is a certain irony that people that should know better and also
    > 'promote' some aspects of netiquette, also seem to ignore it at
    > other times..


    Then there are the ones seeing if they can get the troll's account
    terminated for their abuse.

  8. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 19:04, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >>> How about Aragorns FALSE claims about European history he made so he
    >>> could justify his America Bashing?

    >>
    >> You mean your own inability and unwillingness to correctly interpret what
    >> someone else - in this case, myself - has worded less adequately than he
    >> intended?

    >
    > Just how was I to interpret:
    >
    > "I don't recall us traveling all the way to Africa to kidnap some people
    > there, take them back to our homelands, rape their wives and whip the skin
    > off their backs to get them to work for us in cotton plantations, or even
    > killing them for no reason other than sadism, just because it was legal to
    > do so."


    I did mean "in the fairly recent past", as in "the last few centuries". I
    was certainly not thinking back to the Middle Ages.

    > As Europeans traveled to Africa to kidnap Africans, took them back to
    > Europe to keep them as slaves, or took them to their colonial possessions
    > to rape their wives, whip the skin and work in the European Colonial
    > cotton plantations?


    Yeah, yeah, see above. Besides, if you wish to blame Europe for what
    happened in the USA before the USA _became_ the USA, then you must also
    blame yourself, because you are almost without any doubt a descendant from
    those very Europeans, while I - and Chris Hunter for that matter - am a
    descendant of the Europeans that chose _not_ to seek their fortune on a new
    continent.

    > Your claims that I am misinterpreting you simple do not meet with the
    > FACTS.


    But of course they do. Misinterpreting and twisting things around is your
    trademark, and this whole newsgroup knows it.

    > You know, you claimed to have some medical condition that some how
    > drove you to be accurate, articulate... What was that again? Was it
    > Munchausen Syndrome?


    Funny, dude, you're cracking me up. That would rather be _your_ affliction.
    You know, the main difference between Alan Connor and yourself is that Alan
    only has periodic outbursts, while you're just sitting and waiting for the
    opportunity to have one.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  9. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 03:15, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:57:48 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >> So you mean that your /KNode/ doesn't show those? That's strange,
    >> because mine does and always has... :-/

    >
    > Yes, I thought so to, since I had helped locate that problem for user
    > awhile back for someone who would not get the same google results.
    >
    > My astrisk linux astrisk was hidden because of it being on.
    >
    > This is Knode 3.5.4,
    > I have fancy formating enabled under View and nothing under
    > Configure Knode seems to enable it.
    >
    > Would you share how to get to it in your verson, please.


    I would if I even knew myself... :-/ Let me see what my /KNode/
    configuration panel says... Aha! Found it!

    "Settings" menu
    -> "Configure KNode" menu option
    -> "Reading News" menu folder
    -> "Viewer" subfolder

    There's a checkbox there labeled "Interpret text format tags", right above
    the box in which you can enter characters which it must recognize as
    quoting prefixes.

    At least, this is in /KNode/ 0.7.6, part of KDE 3.2, which came with
    Mandrake 10.0. So your mileage may vary a little... ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  10. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 18:34, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> By the way, funny you call him an "it"... *Reminds me of "The Exorcist".
    >> I wonder whether he's spinning his head 360

    >
    > I think the person that would be "spinning his head" is the one that males
    > false claims that Europeans never kidnapped Africans.


    Is it custom where you live to accuse people of lying because of a little
    lie they told when they were three years old?

    Which part of "by the time that slavery existed in the USA, slavery did not
    exist anymore in Europe" is it that you find so hard to understand? And
    that *is* what I meant. I was _not_ thinking back to the Middle Ages or
    even earlier.

    *Yes,* Europe has known slavery. *No,* this slavery did not exist anymore
    over hereby the time the US was an independent nation. Just like *we* will
    not now in the twenty-first century invade foreign sovereign nations, while
    the US does.

    And don't give me Blair. The guy is not our Prime Minister, he's the
    British Prime Minister, and he's only in Iraq because he wanted to be with
    his buddy George. He would never have gone in on his own. He wouldn't
    even have had the guts to do that.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  11. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 18:32, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Moe Trin wrote:
    >
    >> Good question - maybe if people paid more attention to the FAQ
    >>
    >> "How to make killfiles for use with various newsreaders."
    >> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm
    >>
    >> "What is a troll, what do they do, why do they do it, and
    >> what can one do about them? (Anti Troll FAQ)"
    >> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>

    >
    > Heah, then they could kill file people that tell lies about test posts,
    > Killfile trolls that make troll posts claiming that Europeans never
    > kidnapped Afrinans into spread Anti-American propaganda throughout the
    > news groups.


    So Bit Twister and I are trolls. Now *that* must be the absolute Joke Of
    The Year! Give the man a trophy, folks!

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  12. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:13:02 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    > I would if I even knew myself... :-/ Let me see what my /KNode/
    > configuration panel says... Aha! Found it!
    >
    > "Settings" menu
    > -> "Configure KNode" menu option
    > -> "Reading News" menu folder
    > -> "Viewer" subfolder
    >
    > There's a checkbox there labeled "Interpret text format tags", right above
    > the box in which you can enter characters which it must recognize as
    > quoting prefixes.


    Thanks for your time. I have been there twice and it is not there.
    There are only 4 selections under Apperence box under the Viewer tab.
    All were checked with Show Reference Bar being the option above the
    Recognized quote characters box.

  13. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    > And don't give me Blair. The guy is not our Prime Minister, he's the
    > British Prime Minister, and he's only in Iraq because he wanted to be with
    > his buddy George. He would never have gone in on his own. He wouldn't
    > even have had the guts to do that.


    Please, don't give me Blair either! The man is the living definition of
    "charlatan", and has been thoroughly "bought" by Bush (and his playmates),
    and will have a /lot/ to answer to when the reckoning arrives (which is
    just starting BTW).

    Chris


  14. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    > So Bit Twister and I are trolls. Now *that* must be the absolute Joke Of
    > The Year! Give the man a trophy, folks!


    My experience on this group is that the two of you are probably the most
    helpful (and knowledgeable) around, and have provided more useful solutions
    to Mandriva-related problems than everyone else put together!

    Chris


  15. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Monday 13 November 2006 20:16, Chris Hunter stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> So Bit Twister and I are trolls. Now *that* must be the absolute Joke Of
    >> The Year! Give the man a trophy, folks!

    >
    > My experience on this group is that the two of you are probably the most
    > helpful (and knowledgeable) around, and have provided more useful
    > solutions to Mandriva-related problems than everyone else put together!


    Hmm... I wouldn't go _that_ far! ;-) There are certainly loads of other
    very productive and helpful posters on both Mandr* groups than just Bit
    Twister and myself. ;-) And if I score better in the stats than Bit
    Twister, then it's only because I'm such an elaborate writer - which is by
    the way what I myself mean when I call myself "articulate".

    But all things aside, the statement that Bit Twister and I would be trolls
    must be about the most obvious and irrefutable evidence that Matt is a
    severely delusional and psychotic person with a - towards his fellow human
    beings - very painfully warped manifestation of reality, which urgently
    needs rectification through adequate pharmaceutical and psychiatric help.

    I don't know whether it would make him less of a jerk, but it would
    certainly make him more tolerant towards us, and more tolerable as a Usenet
    poster.



    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  16. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> Heah, then they could kill file people that tell lies about test posts,
    >> Killfile trolls that make troll posts claiming that Europeans never
    >> kidnapped Afrinans into spread Anti-American propaganda throughout the
    >> news groups.

    >
    > So Bit Twister and I are trolls. *


    If the shoe fits...

    > Now that must be the absolute Joke Of


    The JOKE is you trying to make false claims about slavery then, rather than
    admit your error and apologize for accusing me of not reading, you say you
    mis-phrased it and that I should have tried to understand that you meant
    something other than Europeans did not kidnap Africans.

    > The Year! *Give the man a trophy, folks!
    >


    Sorry, I don't have any troll of the year trophies to give you.


  17. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Aragorn wrote:

    > But all things aside, the statement that Bit Twister and I would be trolls
    > must be about the most obvious and irrefutable evidence that Matt is a
    > severely delusional and psychotic person with a



    Calling ME Psychotic? Let's see, you make false claims about Europeans not
    going to Africa to kidnap slaves. I corrected your misinformation. Rather
    than admit your error, you accuse me of not reading your post. I stood my
    ground and corrected you again. Rather than admit your error, you said you
    mis-phrased your slavery posts and that I should try to understand you. You
    have yet to say how you miss-phrased the following from Message ID:


    "What I meant - and what I thought you would have understood, albeit that
    you're being deliberately obtuse again and I should have foreseen that - is
    that Europeans *in* *Europe* did not go abroad to harvest slaves by
    kidnapping them."

    Just how is that mis-worded? Just how am I being "obtuse" when I am, in fact
    CORRECT? You simply can not admit you are wrong so you are calling me
    psychotic, as you accused me of being obtuse above. Both accusations are
    false. The delusional one is the one that thinks a person that is factually
    accurate is being "obtuse". But insults from you are to be expected.





  18. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Dave wrote:

    > 1: left_coast ..................................... : * *
    > 69
    >


    Let's not forget that YOU and Aragorn were among people trolling as well.
    You refused to deal with the fact that I said nothing but ACCURATE
    information about Slavery yet you ATTACKED. At the same time, Aragorn was
    making totally FALSE claims about European slavery and you said NOTHING.
    Aragorn jumped right in and started insulting without any justification. My
    posts were only in response to people that attacked or clearly did not know
    what they were talking about.

    Do come back when your school has taught you that relative words
    like "better" and "worse" are just that, RELATIVE. When you learn
    that "better" does not mean "free of guilt" and "worse" does not mean "the
    only guilty party".

  19. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    left_coast wrote:

    > Aragorn jumped right in and started insulting without any justification.
    > My posts were only in response to people that attacked or clearly did not
    > know what they were talking about.


    *No.* Aragorn told you that you are wrong and being unpleasant. /That/ was
    his mistake. You are omniscient - you told us all so! /You/ have /never/
    contributed /anything/ positive to this newsgroup, so we *all* want rid of
    you. You've made your way into a huge number of killfiles, and you'll soon
    join mine, which *you* will see as a *"victory"*

    Why don't you go and join a few advocacy groups - they're _full_ of trolls,
    so you'd be right at home.

    C.


  20. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >> Aragorn jumped right in and started insulting without any justification.
    >> My posts were only in response to people that attacked or clearly did not
    >> know what they were talking about.

    >
    > *No.* *Aragorn told you that you are wrong and being unpleasant.


    Both of which were NOT TRUE. My point stands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast