Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake - Mandrake ; Bit Twister wrote: > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 02:21:38 GMT, Aragorn wrote: > > Lots of snippage follows: >> deteriorates in a flamewar clearly says something about his psychotic >> nature. >> >> Schizophrenics *do* tend to lose grip ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 159

Thread: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

  1. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 02:21:38 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    > Lots of snippage follows:
    >> deteriorates in a flamewar clearly says something about his psychotic
    >> nature.
    >>
    >> Schizophrenics *do* tend to lose grip of reality.
    >> In his eyes, he's the only righteous person on the planet, and everyone
    >> who dares criticize him or even look at him in what he perceives as "the
    >> wrong way" is an evil enemy that needs chastizing.

    >
    > I can conceed to your higher level of mental disorder knowledge, but
    > having watched him attacking one or two others, I would say he just a
    > bullying argumentive troll and needs a lart application.
    >
    > Everyone that shows him up, windup with him calling them a liar when
    > he loses the argument.


    That's *always* his final retort - and he *has* to have the last word (so he
    can think he's "won"). If we all keep feeding him some bait for a while,
    we can get enough ammunition for his ISP....

    Chris


  2. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 06:21:06 GMT, Chris Hunter wrote:

    > If we all keep feeding him some bait for a while,


    No bait required.

    He starts the test flame war with the Defamation and/or Disruptive Activities
    all by himself. The freaking politics flame bait helps even more.

    > we can get enough ammunition for his ISP....


    You can already pull a google search with Author: matt_left_coast and
    again with left_coast, pick several recent tirades as documentation
    and send it in. For each new abuse tirade, put it on top and knock one
    of the bottom and send it in.


  3. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > I can conceed to your higher level of mental disorder knowledge, but
    > having watched him attacking one or two others, I would say he just a
    > bullying argumentive troll and needs a lart application.


    How about Aragorns FALSE claims about European history he made so he could
    justify his America Bashing? Talk about attacking,.

  4. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Bit Twister wrote:

    >> If we all keep feeding him some bait for a while,

    >
    > No bait required.


    Of course not, One does not need to bate the truth out of me.

  5. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...5936&dict=CALD
    > verb [I] lying, lied, lied
    > to say or write something which is not true in order to deceive someone:


    Unfortunately for you, I did not say Lying or lied so those definitions DO
    NOT FIT WHAT I SAID. It is just like you to disregard what was actually
    said in order to justify your hate. What I said was Tell a lie. Not the
    same thing.

    The cambridge dictionary has a spacific meaning for "tell a lie"

    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...1791&dict=CALD

    To bad you are not honest enough to deal with what I ACTUALLY said.

  6. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

    > On 2006-11-11, Bit Twister wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:42:34 -0800, left_coast wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, right. I said NOTHING about YOU until you attacked ME.

    >>
    >> Hahaha, playing at being the victim again I see. That is a lie.

    >
    > PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    >


    But feeding Bit is SO MUCH FUN@

  7. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> What is WRONG is denying the dictionary definitions of words in order to
    >> warp the meaning to justify your hate.

    >
    > If only you were to allow yourself to sit back, take a deep breath and
    > find some tranquility in your brain before you went ahead in typing your
    > reply, you would see for yourself that there was no denying of dictionary
    > definitions since a dictionary only gives you synonyms or explanations of
    > isolated words, and not of phrases formed by combining those words into a
    > sentence.


    ttp://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=81791&dict=CALD

    Defines the PHRASE "tell a lie" as "to say something/things that are not
    true:"

    Guess you are WRONG AGAIN.

  8. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 02:21:38 GMT, Aragorn wrote:

    > I agree, *but* even if we were all to shut up at the snap of someone's
    > fingers, he'll still be going on for weeks - I noticed him even posting a
    > reply to me in a thread I had already /plonked/ a week before that - and as
    > you can see - unless you've got him /killfiled/ - he posts several replies
    > to the same post, repeating himself over and over, as if that would prove
    > him right somehow.
    >
    > Believe me, I *am* tempted to simply run away from the thread - as has so
    > far always been the case in any debate/flamewar[1] I've had with Matt, and
    > as probably _will_ happen here again sooner or later - but I just can't
    > stand lies being told - blame it on my Asperger's - or people being
    > bullied.
    >
    > And as long as people are going to be posting test posts to this group -
    > yeah, they never learn, do they? - Bit Twister will - correctly - set them
    > straight, with a sneering post from Matt following right up the next
    > minute.
    >
    > Having been bullied myself in school (and elsewhere), I just can't stand
    > bullying anymore, no matter who does it or who the victim is. And I think
    > we can *all* agree that Bit Twister is one of the most helpful people on
    > this newsgroup. He doesn't deserve to be bullied or stalked by a psychotic
    > person who can't even read English right without reading something
    > unwritten into it.


    Well, whatever the reasons you have for attempting to hammer sense into
    it, it's achieved something that nobody else has.

    It now has a score of =-9999.

    Good luck with your endevour, although I forsee you also giving it a
    similar score pretty soon.

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
    RLU #300033 - MDV 2006 - WindowMaker 0.92.0

  9. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    On Saturday 11 November 2006 09:28, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
    >
    >> PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

    >
    > But feeding Bit is SO MUCH FUN@


    Which is why you forfeit all credibility in anything you post. And which is
    why you really *are* a jerk.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  10. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    On Saturday 11 November 2006 09:30, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >>> What is WRONG is denying the dictionary definitions of words in order to
    >>> warp the meaning to justify your hate.

    >>
    >> If only you were to allow yourself to sit back, take a deep breath and
    >> find some tranquility in your brain before you went ahead in typing your
    >> reply, you would see for yourself that there was no denying of dictionary
    >> definitions since a dictionary only gives you synonyms or explanations of
    >> isolated words, and not of phrases formed by combining those words into a
    >> sentence.

    >
    > ttp://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=81791&dict=CALD
    >
    > Defines the PHRASE "tell a lie" as "to say something/things that are not
    > true:"
    >
    > Guess you are WRONG AGAIN.


    Your reading comprehension skills are even worse than those of a two-year
    old.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  11. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake [OT]

    On Saturday 11 November 2006 09:24, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> I can conceed to your higher level of mental disorder knowledge, but
    >> having watched him attacking one or two others, I would say he just a
    >> bullying argumentive troll and needs a lart application.

    >
    > How about Aragorns FALSE claims about European history he made so he could
    > justify his America Bashing?


    You mean your own inability and unwillingness to correctly interpret what
    someone else - in this case, myself - has worded less adequately than he
    intended?

    > Talk about attacking,.


    Exactly, and that *is* what you were doing towards us Europeans, and that
    *is* what you keep doing over and over and over again with your flurry of
    scattered repetitions of your own claims, in which you _hope_ that by
    repeating them enough times, they will come across as the sole truth.

    A man who speaks the truth does not need to resort to namecalling to win his
    case, nor to repeating himself over and over and making sneers at the other
    party in various scattered follow-ups.

    It is only the liar who needs to do that. And clearly, that is you.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  12. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Saturday 11 November 2006 12:12, Dave stood up and addressed the masses
    in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 02:21:38 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> I agree, *but* even if we were all to shut up at the snap of someone's
    >> fingers, he'll still be going on for weeks - I noticed him even posting a
    >> reply to me in a thread I had already /plonked/ a week before that - and
    >> as you can see - unless you've got him /killfiled/ - he posts several
    >> replies to the same post, repeating himself over and over, as if that
    >> would prove him right somehow.
    >>
    >> Believe me, I *am* tempted to simply run away from the thread - as has so
    >> far always been the case in any debate/flamewar[1] I've had with Matt,
    >> and as probably _will_ happen here again sooner or later - but I just
    >> can't stand lies being told - blame it on my Asperger's - or people being
    >> bullied.
    >>
    >> And as long as people are going to be posting test posts to this group -
    >> yeah, they never learn, do they? - Bit Twister will - correctly - set
    >> them straight, with a sneering post from Matt following right up the next
    >> minute.
    >>
    >> Having been bullied myself in school (and elsewhere), I just can't stand
    >> bullying anymore, no matter who does it or who the victim is. And I
    >> think we can *all* agree that Bit Twister is one of the most helpful
    >> people on this newsgroup. He doesn't deserve to be bullied or stalked by
    >> a psychotic person who can't even read English right without reading
    >> something unwritten into it.

    >
    > Well, whatever the reasons you have for attempting to hammer sense into
    > it, it's achieved something that nobody else has.
    >
    > It now has a score of =-9999.
    >
    > Good luck with your endevour, although I forsee you also giving it a
    > similar score pretty soon.


    The problem with /KNode/ is that even with a minimum score, it will still be
    downloading the headers and thus marking those posts as "unread".

    This - in combination with the busy traffic on many groups - forces me to
    give each newsgroup a few extra runs to make sure I've read all legitimate
    posts before I have to click the group and "mark all as read" to reset the
    counters.

    When I have my new machine, I'll be using /KNode/ as a client to /leafnode./
    Then at least /killed/ posters really _are_ /killed/ and their headers
    won't be downloaded into /KNode/ itself anymore. :-/

    By the way, funny you call him an "it"... Reminds me of "The Exorcist". I
    wonder whether he's spinning his head 360 as well when he types, but I
    guess we've all already seen the green pea soup being sprayed all over the
    threads... ;-

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  13. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:44:35 GMT, Aragorn wrote:

    > The problem with /KNode/ is that even with a minimum score, it will still be
    > downloading the headers and thus marking those posts as "unread".
    >
    > This - in combination with the busy traffic on many groups - forces me to
    > give each newsgroup a few extra runs to make sure I've read all legitimate
    > posts before I have to click the group and "mark all as read" to reset the
    > counters.
    >
    > When I have my new machine, I'll be using /KNode/ as a client to /leafnode./
    > Then at least /killed/ posters really _are_ /killed/ and their headers
    > won't be downloaded into /KNode/ itself anymore. :-/


    Come to Slrn (and Vim)... you know it's inevitable.

    > By the way, funny you call him an "it"...


    Who's the "him"?

    > Reminds me of "The Exorcist". I wonder whether he's spinning his head
    > 360 as well when he types, but I guess we've all already seen the green
    > pea soup being sprayed all over the threads... ;-


    I would call it a "Jibba-Jabber", but those things put a smile on my face.
    Therefore, the closest thing is "Loopy"
    (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...shtm/loopy.htm), but again...
    this puts a smile on my face. Hence, matt is designated an "it".

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
    RLU #300033 - MDV 2006 - WindowMaker 0.92.0

  14. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:44:35 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    > The problem with /KNode/ is that even with a minimum score, it will still be
    > downloading the headers and thus marking those posts as "unread".


    Hey, we need to get you up and running on slrn.
    It can automagically strip the -9999
    You can also add cleanscore on session logout to remove expired
    entries to keep it manageable.

    You get to set your default editor in SLRn_EDITOR

    Tried knode just to see the results of / * and _
    No effect.

    > This - in combination with the busy traffic on many groups - forces me to
    > give each newsgroup a few extra runs to make sure I've read all legitimate
    > posts before I have to click the group and "mark all as read" to reset the
    > counters.


    Simple g will reload/strip a group.

  15. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 00:01, Dave stood up and addressed the masses
    in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:44:35 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> When I have my new machine, I'll be using /KNode/ as a client to
    >> /leafnode./ Then at least /killed/ posters really _are_ /killed/ and
    >> their headers won't be downloaded into /KNode/ itself anymore. :-/

    >
    > Come to Slrn (and Vim)... you know it's inevitable.


    Now *why* did I know you were going to say that? ;-p

    The thing is that /slrn/ is not so bad, but /vim/ is not exactly my favorite
    editor. I used to use /vi/ to write COBOL programs on a UNIX minicomputer,
    and I still remember how much time I kept on losing because of those darn
    control keys. /Emacs/ is similar in usability, albeit that the control
    keys are differently laid out there.

    I'd be using /mcedit/ - which I find the most usable for light editing - or
    perhaps /nano/ or something if I were to resort to using /slrn./ ;-)

    >> By the way, funny you call him an "it"...

    >
    > Who's the "him"?


    Well, our foaming resident, of course. ;-)

    >> Reminds me of "The Exorcist". I wonder whether he's spinning his head
    >> 360 as well when he types, but I guess we've all already seen the green
    >> pea soup being sprayed all over the threads... ;-

    >
    > I would call it a "Jibba-Jabber", but those things put a smile on my face.
    > Therefore, the closest thing is "Loopy"
    > (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...shtm/loopy.htm), but again...
    > this puts a smile on my face. Hence, matt is designated an "it".


    Hmm... There's a novel by Stephen King called "It". I didn't read the
    novel, but I saw the miniseries on it twice.

    Just for those who haven't heard of "It" yet...: it's basically the story of
    seven people who as children were all considered "outcasts" somehow by the
    others, and of a monster that reappears every 30 years - often in the guise
    of a clown - and that kills children and feeds off their fear.

    As children themselves, the seven "misfits" managed to escape the monster,
    but now, 30 years later, they are adults, and "it" has returned... scary music here>

    It was pretty good, actually - well, everything by Stephen King is. Not as
    scary yet as Matt, though ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  16. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 00:10, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:44:35 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >> The problem with /KNode/ is that even with a minimum score, it will still
    >> be downloading the headers and thus marking those posts as "unread".

    >
    > Hey, we need to get you up and running on slrn.


    You guys really *are* a maffia... ;-

    > It can automagically strip the -9999
    > You can also add cleanscore on session logout to remove expired
    > entries to keep it manageable.


    Well, I'll look into it as soon as I have my new machine, but that may still
    take a while... Several e-mails with requests for some specific
    information to multiple computer peripheral manufacturers have stayed
    unanswered up until now, and I can't use their components - which I would
    really want - unless I have that information. :-/

    > You get to set your default editor in SLRn_EDITOR


    Yeah, I know you can set a default editor. And that's good, because /vim/
    is not really a friend of mine. ;-)

    > Tried knode just to see the results of / * and _
    > No effect.


    I'm afraid you lost me here... :-/

    >> This - in combination with the busy traffic on many groups - forces me to
    >> give each newsgroup a few extra runs to make sure I've read all
    >> legitimate posts before I have to click the group and "mark all as read"
    >> to reset the counters.

    >
    > Simple g will reload/strip a group.


    Will try that later, thanks! :-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  17. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:29:04 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> Tried knode just to see the results of / * and _
    >> No effect.

    >
    > I'm afraid you lost me here... :-/


    opening and trailing:
    underscore implies/displays the intervening text _to be underlined_
    asterisk displays the text *in bold font*
    slash means the text is to be displayed /in italics/


  18. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:24:47 GMT, Aragorn wrote:

    > Now *why* did I know you were going to say that? ;-p


    Beats me.

    > The thing is that /slrn/ is not so bad, but /vim/ is not exactly my favorite
    > editor. I used to use /vi/ to write COBOL programs on a UNIX minicomputer,
    > and I still remember how much time I kept on losing because of those darn
    > control keys. /Emacs/ is similar in usability, albeit that the control
    > keys are differently laid out there.
    >
    > I'd be using /mcedit/ - which I find the most usable for light editing - or
    > perhaps /nano/ or something if I were to resort to using /slrn./ ;-)


    Play about with the "set editor_command" string in the slrn.rc file.

    > Well, our foaming resident, of course. ;-)


    I see no foamers now... so who's the "him"?

    > Hmm... There's a novel by Stephen King called "It". I didn't read the
    > novel, but I saw the miniseries on it twice.
    >
    > Just for those who haven't heard of "It" yet...: it's basically the story of
    > seven people who as children were all considered "outcasts" somehow by the
    > others, and of a monster that reappears every 30 years - often in the guise
    > of a clown - and that kills children and feeds off their fear.
    >
    > As children themselves, the seven "misfits" managed to escape the monster,
    > but now, 30 years later, they are adults, and "it" has returned... > scary music here>
    >
    > It was pretty good, actually - well, everything by Stephen King is. Not as
    > scary yet as Matt, though ;-)


    Ah, alleged horror films. Not quite the same genre, but I'd rather settle
    down and watch Nosferatu.

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
    RLU #300033 - MDV 2006 - WindowMaker 0.92.0

  19. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 01:09, Dave stood up and addressed the masses
    in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:24:47 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> Hmm... There's a novel by Stephen King called "It". I didn't read the
    >> novel, but I saw the miniseries on it twice.
    >>
    >> Just for those who haven't heard of "It" yet...: it's basically the story
    >> of seven people who as children were all considered "outcasts" somehow by
    >> the others, and of a monster that reappears every 30 years - often in the
    >> guise of a clown - and that kills children and feeds off their fear.
    >>
    >> As children themselves, the seven "misfits" managed to escape the
    >> monster, but now, 30 years later, they are adults, and "it" has
    >> returned...
    >>
    >> It was pretty good, actually - well, everything by Stephen King is. Not
    >> as scary yet as Matt, though ;-)

    >
    > Ah, alleged horror films. Not quite the same genre, but I'd rather settle
    > down and watch Nosferatu.


    I've seen "Nosferatu" - even twice, I think - and as the matter of fact,
    they're showing it again this week on the digital subscriber channels over
    here.

    Still, the absolutely best Dracula movie I've ever seen was Francis Ford
    Coppola's version of "Bram Stoker's Dracula", with an ingenious Gary
    Oldman, an as always brilliant Anthony Hopkins and also not quite
    inadequate performances by Keanu Reeves and Wynona Ryder. ;-)

    P.S.: I was just in the middle of typing up this reply when my computer
    froze again. Total kernel lock. That damn Radeon and its crappy
    driver... :-/

    I guess I'm going to have to hurry up on those plans for a new
    machine... :-/

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  20. Re: Statistics for alt.os.linux.mandrake

    On Sunday 12 November 2006 00:56, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:29:04 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tried knode just to see the results of / * and _
    >>> No effect.

    >>
    >> I'm afraid you lost me here... :-/

    >
    > opening and trailing:
    > underscore implies/displays the intervening text _to be underlined_
    > asterisk displays the text *in bold font*
    > slash means the text is to be displayed /in italics/


    So you mean that your /KNode/ doesn't show those? That's strange, because
    mine does and always has... :-/

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast