Test Message - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Test Message - Mandrake ; Bit Twister wrote: >> vague claims. Nothing specific. FIGURES. Unless you have something >> SPECIFIC, your words are MEANINGLESS. > > True lines: > Welcome to the group. > If your message was intended to go to > alt.os.linux.mandrake, it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 582

Thread: Test Message

  1. Re: Test Message

    Bit Twister wrote:

    >> vague claims. Nothing specific. FIGURES. Unless you have something
    >> SPECIFIC, your words are MEANINGLESS.

    >
    > True lines:
    > Welcome to the group.
    > If your message was intended to go to
    > alt.os.linux.mandrake, it was a success.
    > That said, there are a number of test groups on usenet. If your server
    > does allow you to subscribe to such groups, it is considered polite to
    > posts to those groups.
    >
    > The rest were lies about about peopele posting lies about test posts.


    Ahhh, still can't admit you are WRONG. As you can't do so HERE:

    Message ID:

    ANYONE that thinks that telling people their post FAILED when it simply HAS
    NOT is being honest, can killfile me PLEASE. It does LINUX no good to tell
    such lies.

    Again I use "tell lies" as defined by the dictionary of YOUR choice:

    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...1791&dict=CALD

    The blanket claim that a test post failed when it, in all probability, was a
    success, is not true and according to the definition of "telling lies" from
    the dictionary of YOUR choice, saying something that is "that are not
    true" is "telling lies". The only defense you seem to muster is to CHANGE
    what I said to fit your needs. Such POOR, invalid and childish tactics is
    something I have come to expect from the likes of YOU.



  2. Re: Test Message

    Bit Twister wrote:

    >> No, I MADE GUESS. Guessing as to what ones motives are implies that I DO
    >> NOT KNOW for sure. If I could read minds, I would KNOW FOR SURE. Again
    >> you are WRONG. As I clearly stated, I WAS GUESSING, not mind reading.

    >
    > You said "So you feel you need to attack me."


    Where did I say such a thing?

    >
    > That is a statement. Had you said "I guess you feel the need to attack
    > me." See, one indicates you are guessing, the other is a statement.


    wow snipping the CONTEXT, how unethical of you. It is a STATEMENT that I was
    making a GUESS. You are OUT OF CONTROL. Indicating a guess and making a
    statement ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. One makes a statement that indicates
    they are guessing. GET HELP, you are out of control.

    The ACTUAL CONTEXT:

    >> but you feel the need to make the test message post

    >
    > What, guess you are reading minds here and we all know about your
    > feeling about mind reading.


    No, I MADE GUESS. Guessing as to what ones motives are implies that I DO NOT
    KNOW for sure. If I could read minds, I would KNOW FOR SURE. Again you are
    WRONG. As I clearly stated, I WAS GUESSING, not mind reading. Guess you are
    not smart enough to tell the difference.

    End restoration of context.

    It is clear I DID NOT SAY "So you feel you need to attack me." So making any
    claims that I did are MANLINESS. Even if I did say "
    Do you believe the BS you spew?

  3. Re: Test Message

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > See, you make yet another set of deceptive lying statements.
    >
    > For me to tell a lie, I had to have been lying or lied.
    > Lying or lied are verbs showing action performed. So looking at
    > http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...5936&dict=CALD
    >


    I don't care what YOU think "tell a lie" means. The AUTHORITATIVE choice YOU
    chose claims DIFFERENT than what YOU think it means. The problem with you
    is that you will not admit to your errors and change your mind when
    confronted with FACTS from AUTHORITATIVE sources that YOU chose to use. The
    simple facts ARE:

    You chose to use Cambridge Dictionary as an authoritative source. According
    to the AUTHORITATIVE source YOU chose to use, "tell a lie" has a SPECIFIC
    meaning. I am using the definition from that AUTHORITATIVE choice. What
    ever your think "to tel a lie" means is trumped by the dictionary YOU chose
    to use.

    The fact that you can not accept authoritative sources is just more proof
    that you are unwilling to ADMIT you are WRONG. You are now saying that you
    are right and the Cambridge Dictionary is wrong. PAAAAATHHHHHEEEETTTIIIC,
    even coming from you.

  4. Re: Test Message

    On Thursday 09 November 2006 00:01, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Go away - you're not wanted, and have nothing to offer.
    >>
    >> He'll be here as long as people respond to him.
    >>

    >
    > I will be here TRYING to help [...]


    Really? Then how come that statistically, out of the 50 posts you make on
    Usenet groups that I myself am subscribed to, only three or four contain a
    reply to an inquiry from a newbie while everything else you write is pure
    flamewar material?

    Get real, Matt. You're not here to help. You're here to pick fights.
    Period.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  5. Re: Test Message

    Aragorn wrote:



    Time for you to stop stalking me. The FACT remains, claiming that the test
    post failed is telling a lie. Too bad you can not deal with the truth.

  6. Re: Test Message

    Aragorn wrote:

    > Let's see... *Like the documented fact that the US have dropped more bombs
    > on Vietnam -


    HOW MANY DEATHS? If the US can conduct war without killing many people, that
    is better than the conduct of the Europeans killing 50,000,000 in a SINGLE
    WAR. I don't care if it was bombs or gas, Europeans killed far in wars
    that the USA EVER HAS. To try to deflect from that by talking about how
    many bombs were dropped (still deriving LESS of a death toll that EITHER
    world war I or II.

    You are PITIFUL. How low, how twisted will your arguments get? Yes, the USA
    dropped bombs BUT KILLED FAR FEWER PEOPLE THAN were killed in European
    started wars. Oh, wait, the war in Vietnam was started under FRENCH RULE!

    Aragorn, You are OUT OF CONTROL.

  7. Re: Test Message

    On Thursday 09 November 2006 02:31, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > Time for you to stop stalking me.


    Look who's talking! And anyway, I posted what I posted because I resent the
    way you rightwing zealots keep proclaiming American supremacy and
    denigrating us Europeans - from which *you* stem!

    > The FACT remains, claiming that the test post failed is telling a lie. Too
    > bad you can not deal with the truth.


    Not even half as bad as the fact that you can't deal with Bit Twister's idea
    of humor - which will be perfectly understood by the whole world as such as
    well, for that matter.

    You're the only soul who seems unable to correctly ascertain what Bit
    Twister wrote, how he wrote it and why he wrote it.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  8. Re: Test Message

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> Though out history European "culture" has been a culture of war that is
    >> far worse than that of the USA.

    >
    > Hmm... *I don't recall us traveling all the way to Africa to kidnap some
    > people there, take them back to our homelands, rape their wives and whip
    > the skin off their backs to get them to work for us in cotton plantations,
    > or even killing them for no reason other than sadism, just because it was
    > legal to do so.
    >



    Dude, the institution of slavery was instilled in the American BEFORE the
    USA existed by EUROPEAN Imperialists. Slavery in the south was a BRITISH
    institution that was installed by BRITAIN well before the USA gained its
    freedom from Imperialistic Britain. So, slavery in the Americas is the
    FAULT of BRITAIN. It took a bloody Civil War to get rid of the slavery
    based economy installed in the Americas by Britain. You really should get
    your facts straight.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._United_States

    Europeans maintained slavery in the Americas from 1619 until the
    independence of the USA from Britain in 1776, or 157 years. It took the USA
    from 1776 to 1865 ( 89 years ) to cast of the European imposed economy
    based on slavery. So, European Imperialists did indeed "traveling all the
    way to Africa to kidnap some people there..." and conducted slavery in the
    Americas for 68 years LONGER than the US maintained the institution. Not
    only did the European Imperialists maintain the institution of slavery 68
    years longer than the USA did, it was European Imperialists that STARTED
    slavery in the Americas! Yes, it took time and blood to eliminate that
    tragic institution that was inherited by the USA from Imperialist Europe,
    but it was the USA that ENDED IT.

    I do wish you would learn a little before you shoot off your mouth.

  9. Re: Test Message

    Aragorn wrote:

    > On Thursday 09 November 2006 02:31, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    > masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:
    >
    >> Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Time for you to stop stalking me.

    >
    > Look who's talking! And anyway, I posted what I posted because I resent
    > the way you rightwing zealots keep proclaiming American supremacy and
    > denigrating us Europeans - from which *you* stem!


    Wrong again, I am LEFT WING. You can't get your facts straight can you? The
    fact that I sate the TRUTH about Europeans does not mean I am denigrating
    them. In fact, quite the opposite. I am trying to EDUCATE some ignorant
    Europeans. Did you know that some Europeans are unaware that slavery in the
    Americas was a EUROPEAN institution? In the other post, it seems you did
    not. The fact remains that European imperialists installed the instating of
    slavery in the Americas and MAINTAINED the institution of slavery in the
    Americas for over 60 years LONGER than the USA did. These Europeans are the
    very same that make claims like "Hmm... I don't recall us traveling all
    the way to Africa to kidnap some..." and continue to be condescending about
    the USA keeping slaves while it was Europeans responsible for slavery in
    the Americas IN THE FIRST PLACE.

    Yes, Europeans DID Travel all the way to Africa to kidnap some people there,
    AND they did it for a LOT longer than the USA did. Not to mention the
    damage done in Africa by imperialist European powers invaliding Africa. I
    doubt there would ever have been Apartheid in South Africa if it had not
    been for European Imperialism and the cultural genocide it brought to
    African.

    Aragorn, before you get on you high horse about Americans, you should learn
    a little HISTORY.

    >
    >> The FACT remains, claiming that the test post failed is telling a lie.
    >> Too bad you can not deal with the truth.

    >
    > Not even half as bad as the fact that you can't deal with Bit Twister's
    > idea of humor -


    The fact that you seem to think that humor can not be used to lie only shows
    more of your ignorance.

    > which will be perfectly understood by the whole world as
    > such as well, for that matter.


    PROVE YOUR CLAIM ABOUT THE "whole world".

    >
    > You're the only soul who seems unable to correctly ascertain what Bit
    > Twister wrote, how he wrote it and why he wrote it.
    >


    So, the truth is not determined by how many people know the truth. If only
    one person is telling the truth and the whole world is telling him he is
    wrong, he is still telling the truth, no matter how many people say he is
    wrong.

    But what would I expect from someone that does not realize that Europeans
    introduced slavery into the Americas AND maintained the institution of
    slavery for over 60 years LONGER than the USA did!


  10. Re: Test Message

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> I will be here TRYING to help [...]

    >
    > Really? *Then how come that statistically, out of the 50 posts you make on
    > Usenet groups that I myself am subscribed to, only three or four contain a
    > reply to an inquiry from a newbie while everything else you write is pure
    > flamewar material?


    Three of four is STILL TRYING TO HELP. Given that my test message reply is
    NOT frame-war material to anyone that does DOSE NOT SUPPORT TELLING LIES.
    The only people that take exception to my test post messages are people
    that seem to think telling lies is OK.

    >
    > Get real, Matt.


    I have been. It is people like Bit who is unwilling to accept dictionary
    definitions (from a dictionary HE first used, no less) that are not being
    real.

    > You're not here to help.


    Since even you admit that at least SOME of my posts are to help, you claim
    is invalid. Invalid claims from you are expected by me.

    > You're here to pick fights.


    That seems to be YOUR objective. In the last three debates we have had it
    was YOU that started the attack on ME, now you are accusing ME of picking
    fights? You are a JOKE, totally INACCURATE, BIASED and FALSE.

    >
    > Period.


    My guess is that you are having a period, yes.


  11. Re: Test Message

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > Maybe enough lurkers will get fed up and send a brief abuse reason
    > followed by header and body to abuse@rcn.net


    ahhh, can't win on facts to try to get me kicked off the internet, I don't
    know why, but I expected MORE from you.

    >
    > This is the end of this conversation with me.


    That usually follows a bunch of irrational babble from you and this case is
    no different.

    The fact of the matter is, I chose my wording to specifically match the
    dictionary definition of "tell a lie". The fact that you can not deal with
    the reality of me using specific wording to match dictionary definitions is
    no reason for me to be kicked off usenet. The fact that you are trying to
    get me kicked off shows just how irrational you are.

  12. Re: Test Message

    On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 01:16:02 +0000, Aragorn wrote:



    > But you guys can do everything, right? After all, you are the Mighty United
    > States!


    That's right, and you'll want to remember that, the next time one of your
    little European countries needs help with keeping the bad guys off your
    front porches. To tell you the truth, I hope we do stop bailing all you
    assholes out. It gets tiring to keep doing it, and hearing nothing but
    trash talk in return.

    I'm as tired of your political bull**** as I am of Matt_the_Mouth's
    incessant rantings. You can join him in my killfile, mostly for
    continuing to respond to his trolling, and partly for your quite
    remarkable (and hard to understand) anti-American biases.

    Thread killed due to lack of interest and high idiot level alarms.

    --
    "Ubuntu" - an African word meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".


  13. Re: Test Message

    Dan C wrote:

    > I'm as tired of your political bull**** as I am of Matt_the_Mouth's
    > incessant rantings.


    In other words, you are tired of LOSING.

  14. Re: Test Message

    Chris Hunter wrote:

    > You really are *stupid* - look at last week's newspapers (from
    > anywhere outside the USA). G W Bush has killed more Iraqis in /two/
    > /years/ than Saddam Hussein did during his entire reign!


    Intelligent comparison -- more casualties *to the other side in a war*
    than *Saddam's murders in his own country and to his own people*.
    That's the funniest excuse for a meaningful comparison I've seen in a
    long time.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

  15. Re: Test Message

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> You really are stupid - look at last week's newspapers (from
    >> anywhere outside the USA). *G W Bush has killed more Iraqis in two
    >> years than Saddam Hussein did during his entire reign!

    >
    > Intelligent comparison -- more casualties *to the other side in a war*
    > than *Saddam's murders in his own country and to his own people*.
    > That's the funniest excuse for a meaningful comparison I've seen in a
    > long time.


    Never mind that this clown is from living in Britain, a country that is also
    responsible for the war in Iraq. How come he is not willing to address the
    fact that the USA is not alone in the war on Iraq?

  16. Re: Test Message

    On 8 Nov 2006 23:06:43 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > If this implies that you, too, have him binned, that is a good thing.


    As soon as it start spouting "MORE LIES FROM"... it was slung into the
    killfilter. It's pointless trying to reason with such people.

    > Others might learn from this.


    We live in hope.

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html
    RLU #300033 - MDV 2006 - WindowMaker 0.92.0

  17. Re: Test Message

    Dave wrote:

    > On 8 Nov 2006 23:06:43 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> If this implies that you, too, have him binned, that is a good thing.

    >
    > As soon as it start spouting "MORE LIES FROM"...


    Aw, yet another vague claim that does not actually prove anything about the
    legitimacy of my claims. But hey, why would I expect people to use
    legitimate debate tactics in this group?


    > it was slung into the
    > killfilter. It's pointless trying to reason with such people.


    As far as I can see, nobody has tried to REASON with me.

    >
    >> Others might learn from this.

    >
    > We live in hope.
    >


    I doubt the people that need to learn, bit, Aragorn, etc. will actualy
    learn.

  18. Re: Test Message

    On Thursday 09 November 2006 05:28, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> I'm as tired of your political bull**** as I am of Matt_the_Mouth's
    >> incessant rantings.

    >
    > In other words, you are tired of LOSING.


    I never thought I would say this, but for once I actually agree with you...

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  19. Re: Test Message

    On Thursday 09 November 2006 05:21, Dan C stood up and addressed the masses
    in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 01:16:02 +0000, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >> But you guys can do everything, right? After all, you are the Mighty
    >> United States!

    >
    > That's right, and you'll want to remember that, the next time one of your
    > little European countries needs help with keeping the bad guys off your
    > front porches.


    We don't need that. We've got our own European Military now.

    > To tell you the truth, I hope we do stop bailing all you assholes out. It
    > gets tiring to keep doing it, and hearing nothing but trash talk in
    > return.


    By all means, *do* that. And soon the American economy will be flat out on
    its back because of the loss of the profit that you guys were making off
    our backs.

    > I'm as tired of your political bull**** as I am of Matt_the_Mouth's
    > incessant rantings. You can join him in my killfile, mostly for
    > continuing to respond to his trolling, and partly for your quite
    > remarkable (and hard to understand) anti-American biases.


    I've never been /killfiled/ before, except by trolls. So I guess you could
    say that I've never been /killfiled/ before by anyone worth mentioning.
    And apparently, that still *is* the case.

    > Thread killed due to lack of interest and high idiot level alarms.


    I'm actually glad you decided to /killfile/ me. Your idiotic attacks on
    newbies over their choice of newsreader, your insulting "l33t3r than thou"
    signature regarding Ubuntu and Slackware, and your fascist/imperialist
    convictions have been getting on my nerves for a long time already.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  20. Re: Test Message

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> In fact, quite the opposite. I am trying to EDUCATE some ignorant
    >> Europeans.

    >
    > Ignorant? *I think most Europeans know a Hell of a lot more about the
    > United States than most Americans know about Europe or any European
    > nation. Europe is a lot more than just the United Kingdom or France or
    > Germany, you know!
    >


    No, you THINK you know more. You have proven yourself IGNORANT of the true
    history of Slavery in the USA. It is your prejudice that blinds you to the
    fact that you do not know as much as you think you do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast