KMail error - Mandrake

This is a discussion on KMail error - Mandrake ; Can someone help me solve this email error I get when I try to send email via KMail Sending failed: Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by the server: xxxxxx@xx.com (The server responded: "RCPT TO: Relaying not ...

  1. KMail error

    Can someone help me solve this email error I get when I try to send email
    via KMail

    Sending failed:
    Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by the
    server:

    xxxxxx@xx.com (The server responded: "RCPT TO: Relaying not
    allowed - please use SMTP AUTH")
    The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
    problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
    folder.
    The following transport protocol was used:
    xxxxx

  2. Re: KMail error

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:01:06 -1000, Sun Tzu wrote:

    > Can someone help me solve this email error I get when I try to send email
    > via KMail
    >

    > Sending failed:
    > Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by the
    > server:
    >
    > xxxxxx@xx.com (The server responded: "RCPT TO: Relaying not
    > allowed - please use SMTP AUTH")
    > The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
    > problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
    > folder.
    > The following transport protocol was used:
    > xxxxx

    try here:
    Configure - Mail, Accounts,Login: your login maybe different then your
    e-mail address
    hope this will help

  3. Re: KMail error

    On 2006-10-24, Sun Tzu wrote:
    > Can someone help me solve this email error I get when I try to send email
    > via KMail
    >

    > Sending failed:
    > Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by the
    > server:
    >
    > xxxxxx@xx.com (The server responded: "RCPT TO: Relaying not
    > allowed - please use SMTP AUTH")
    > The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
    > problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
    > folder.
    > The following transport protocol was used:
    > xxxxx

    Looks as though the SMTP server you tried to use for sending that message,
    needs to have a user-name and password. Either that, or it rejects all
    attempts to use it from any internet connection not provided by the same
    ISP.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  4. Re: KMail error

    > xxxxxx@xx.com (The server responded: "RCPT TO: Relaying not
    > allowed - please use SMTP AUTH")
    > The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
    > problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
    > folder.
    > The following transport protocol was used:
    > xxxxx

    AS whiskers said it looks like you need smtp authentication. The server
    thinks you are trying to relay mail which most ISP's turn off as it used
    to be used for spam.

    Dave

  5. Re: KMail error

    gort wrote:

    >> xxxxxx@xx.com (The server responded: "RCPT TO: Relaying
    >> not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH")
    >> The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
    >> problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
    >> folder.
    >> The following transport protocol was used:
    >> xxxxx

    > AS whiskers said it looks like you need smtp authentication. The server
    > thinks you are trying to relay mail which most ISP's turn off as it used
    > to be used for spam.
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks for the info, still having some odd problems but it does send.
    I think the authentication server has problems IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread