I think I like Mandriva 2007 x86-64 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on I think I like Mandriva 2007 x86-64 - Mandrake ; I have completed the install on my new system. All the hardware with the exception of the Motorola modem was automatically detected. (I was planning to pull the modem anyway, so no loss there.) The system is very quick, much ...

  1. I think I like Mandriva 2007 x86-64

    I have completed the install on my new system. All the hardware with the
    exception of the Motorola modem was automatically detected. (I was
    planning to pull the modem anyway, so no loss there.)

    The system is very quick, much faster than my 900MHz Athalon. I do even
    notice the difference in just opening a window, and a huge difference going
    into the Gimp or Scribus. I haven't done much with it yet, but so far I am
    very pleased.

    Thanks Mandriva!

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger

  2. Re: I think I like Mandriva 2007 x86-64

    carolyn enlightened us alt.os.linux.mandrake-(ab)users with:

    > I have completed the install on my new system. All the hardware with
    > the
    > exception of the Motorola modem was automatically detected. (I was
    > planning to pull the modem anyway, so no loss there.)
    >
    > The system is very quick, much faster than my 900MHz Athalon. I do
    > even notice the difference in just opening a window, and a huge
    > difference going
    > into the Gimp or Scribus. I haven't done much with it yet, but so far
    > I am very pleased.
    >
    > Thanks Mandriva!

    You are welcome