Re: Xmms and Mandriva Linux 2007 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: Xmms and Mandriva Linux 2007 - Mandrake ; cmarvel@nethere.com wrote: > cmarvel@nethere.com wrote: >> All: >> I am trying to install Xmms on my new Mandriva Linux 2007 partition >> and I keep getting these dependency errors. Any ideas about which Xmms >> to install? >> >> Keith ...

  1. Re: Xmms and Mandriva Linux 2007

    cmarvel@nethere.com wrote:
    > cmarvel@nethere.com wrote:
    >> All:
    >> I am trying to install Xmms on my new Mandriva Linux 2007 partition
    >> and I keep getting these dependency errors. Any ideas about which Xmms
    >> to install?
    >>
    >> Keith

    > All:
    > I managed to install Xmms and it's dependencies. Whenever I start
    > Xmms, it opens so slowly. Any ideas?
    > Other than this, 2007 final is faaaantastic!! :-)
    >
    > Keith

    When it starts, does your CPU use go up high ? Do the app's menu fonts
    look grainy ? If you launch top at the same time and see xfs running
    prior to xmms appearing, then you have the same problem as I do on 2006
    and I haven't found a solution. It may be because xmms hasn't been
    updated in a few years and it doesn't play well with current libs and
    such(just a wild guess).

    --

    RLU #407952

  2. Re: Xmms and Mandriva Linux 2007

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 01:25:40 +0000, RaMRod wrote:

    > cmarvel@nethere.com wrote:
    >> cmarvel@nethere.com wrote:
    >>> All:
    >>> I am trying to install Xmms on my new Mandriva Linux 2007 partition
    >>> and I keep getting these dependency errors. Any ideas about which Xmms
    >>> to install?
    >>>
    >>> Keith

    >> All:
    >> I managed to install Xmms and it's dependencies. Whenever I start
    >> Xmms, it opens so slowly. Any ideas?
    >> Other than this, 2007 final is faaaantastic!! :-)
    >>
    >> Keith
    >>

    > When it starts, does your CPU use go up high ? Do the app's menu fonts
    > look grainy ? If you launch top at the same time and see xfs running
    > prior to xmms appearing, then you have the same problem as I do on 2006
    > and I haven't found a solution. It may be because xmms hasn't been
    > updated in a few years and it doesn't play well with current libs and
    > such(just a wild guess).

    Ramrod:
    Yep, I finally gave up and went to Amarok. I will wait for Xmms 2
    whenever it comes out.

    Keith

+ Reply to Thread