Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO - Mandrake ; Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to insert a double layer DVD....

  1. Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates
    that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to
    insert a double layer DVD.

  2. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:49:33 +0000, johnny wrote:

    > Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates
    > that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to
    > insert a double layer DVD.

    Check the file size. When I went to burn it the first time after
    downloading it, it said there wasn't enough room for it. After checking
    the file, it was twice the size it was supposed to be. Don't know how that
    happened, but after I downloaded it again with the proper size, it burnt
    ok.

  3. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:52:13 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:49:33 +0000, johnny wrote:
    >
    >> Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates
    >> that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to
    >> insert a double layer DVD.

    > Check the file size. When I went to burn it the first time after
    > downloading it, it said there wasn't enough room for it. After checking
    > the file, it was twice the size it was supposed to be. Don't know how that
    > happened, but after I downloaded it again with the proper size, it burnt
    > ok.

    Well, how can this happen and still have a good md5sum and good gpg
    signature? Anyway, I'm downloading it again.

  4. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:37:54 +0000, johnny wrote:

    > On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:52:13 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:49:33 +0000, johnny wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates
    >>> that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to
    >>> insert a double layer DVD.

    >> Check the file size. When I went to burn it the first time after
    >> downloading it, it said there wasn't enough room for it. After checking
    >> the file, it was twice the size it was supposed to be. Don't know how that
    >> happened, but after I downloaded it again with the proper size, it burnt
    >> ok.

    > Well, how can this happen and still have a good md5sum and good gpg
    > signature? Anyway, I'm downloading it again.

    I don't know how it happened since I started the download about 2AM and
    went to bed. I never run md5 sums any more. After never have one fail over
    many downloads, I just quite doing it. But K3B did pass the MD5 Sum I
    think before it told me the file wouldn't fit. Was your iso file double
    the size too?

  5. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:30:36 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

    > On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:37:54 +0000, johnny wrote:

    >>> Check the file size. When I went to burn it the first time after
    >>> downloading it, it said there wasn't enough room for it. After checking
    >>> the file, it was twice the size it was supposed to be. Don't know how
    >>> that happened, but after I downloaded it again with the proper size, it
    >>> burnt ok.

    >> Well, how can this happen and still have a good md5sum and good gpg
    >> signature? Anyway, I'm downloading it again.

    > I don't know how it happened since I started the download about 2AM and
    > went to bed. I never run md5 sums any more. After never have one fail over
    > many downloads, I just quite doing it. But K3B did pass the MD5 Sum I
    > think before it told me the file wouldn't fit. Was your iso file double
    > the size too?

    No. It was 4.6 GB which won't fit on a single layer dvd. I'm still
    downloading another copy of the DVD but it's showing up as 4.6GB. So, I
    don't know how you managed to get it onto a single layer dvd. Also, K3b
    shows a single layer DVD as only 4.4 GB capacity.

  6. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:30:36 GMT, Wes Newell wrote:

    > I don't know how it happened since I started the download about 2AM and
    > went to bed. I never run md5 sums any more. After never have one fail over
    > many downloads, I just quite doing it.

    Me too, until one cd download showed up bad, went back to making
    checks after download.

    Lots of burns without problem until about half way through this
    lastest spindle. Seems there are specs of junk on bottom of some of
    the cds. Clean them off, erase and works fine. I am no longer in such
    a hurry to skip the checksum tests.

  7. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:47:22 +0000, johnny wrote:

    > No. It was 4.6 GB which won't fit on a single layer dvd. I'm still
    > downloading another copy of the DVD but it's showing up as 4.6GB. So, I
    > don't know how you managed to get it onto a single layer dvd. Also, K3b
    > shows a single layer DVD as only 4.4 GB capacity.

    The file is 4,6xx,xxx,xxx bytes long, but it's only 4.34GB (base 1024).

  8. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    johnny wrote:
    > Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates
    > that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to
    > insert a double layer DVD.

    You are using the k3b option "burn ISO image to DVD", and *not* just
    dragging the ISO file to a data DVD, right?

    de Kameel

  9. Re: Mandriva 2007 DVD ISO

    On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:32:28 +0200, De Kameel wrote:

    > johnny wrote:
    >> Why won't K3b burn this to a single layer DVD? The "usage" bar indicates
    >> that it will fit onto a single layer DVD but I keep getting prompted to
    >> insert a double layer DVD.

    > You are using the k3b option "burn ISO image to DVD", and *not* just
    > dragging the ISO file to a data DVD, right?
    >
    > de Kameel

    Yes. Burn ISO to DVD.

+ Reply to Thread