Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working - Mandrake ; I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card. On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well. Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some noisy lines. Anyone with the ...

  1. Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working

    I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card.
    On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well.
    Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some
    noisy lines. Anyone with the same experience? How to resolve?

  2. Re: Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working

    Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:

    > I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card.
    > On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well.
    > Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some
    > noisy lines. Anyone with the same experience? How to resolve?

    Same here. I found something via google that explained why it happened, but
    only solution I found was to disable 3D! :-(

  3. Re: Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working

    WeetHetNeet wrote:

    > Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:
    >
    >> I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card.
    >> On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well.
    >> Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some
    >> noisy lines. Anyone with the same experience? How to resolve?

    > Same here. I found something via google that explained why it happened,
    > but only solution I found was to disable 3D! :-(

    if u want to play 3d games u have to disable the 3d desktop.
    maybe this is true of kdetv also.

  4. Re: Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:55:14 +0200, Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:

    > I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card.
    > On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well.
    > Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some
    > noisy lines. Anyone with the same experience? How to resolve?

    I had the same problem until I tried turning the overscan filter off. The
    picture still wasn't perfect, but usable.

    Go to Settings -> Configure KDETV -> Image filters and uncheck the box for
    'overscan'.

    The image still scrambles for me with some window sizes.

    HTH
    --
    Larry Hatcher

  5. Re: Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working

    Larry W. Hatcher wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:55:14 +0200, Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:
    >
    >> I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card.
    >> On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well.
    >> Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some
    >> noisy lines. Anyone with the same experience? How to resolve?

    > I had the same problem until I tried turning the overscan filter off. The
    > picture still wasn't perfect, but usable.
    >
    > Go to Settings -> Configure KDETV -> Image filters and uncheck the box for
    > 'overscan'.
    >
    > The image still scrambles for me with some window sizes.
    >
    > HTH

    Thanks! That works fine for me!

  6. Re: Mandriva 2007 3d desktop kdetv not working

    Larry W. Hatcher wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:55:14 +0200, Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:
    >
    >> I have an Nvidia graphics card and an Hauppauge BT848 card.
    >> On Mandriva 2007 without 3d desktop kdetv works pretty well.
    >> Once I configure 3d desktop, I see no image anymore in kdetv, only some
    >> noisy lines. Anyone with the same experience? How to resolve?

    > I had the same problem until I tried turning the overscan filter off. The
    > picture still wasn't perfect, but usable.
    >
    > Go to Settings -> Configure KDETV -> Image filters and uncheck the box for
    > 'overscan'.
    >
    > The image still scrambles for me with some window sizes.
    >
    > HTH

    When I don't change the window of kdetv, it works fine. But as soon as I
    change the size of the window or go to full screen, kdetv crashes.

+ Reply to Thread