All:
Well, 7184 didn't work for me. When the driver started up, it seemed
fine.
Whenever I opened up a window and then closed it, the background would
have a small square with the same text and/or color of the previous
window. Whenever I would log out, the screen would have a slow-moving
rolling display while the logout menu would appear.
After uninstalling the 7184 driver and editing xorg.conf, X would hang
whenever I would run startx either as root or any other user. I had to
reinstall my Linux 2007 from scratch in order to get the nv driver
installed. Any ideas about the background/foreground problems mentioned
above?

Keith