Re: Mandriva 2007 and USB devices - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: Mandriva 2007 and USB devices - Mandrake ; Maxim Heijndijk wrote: > Hi, I have installed MDV 2007 last week and I have a problem > with USB: In 2006 the mountpoints for my USB harddisks were > automatically created when I plugged them in, but this is ...

  1. Re: Mandriva 2007 and USB devices

    Maxim Heijndijk wrote:

    > Hi, I have installed MDV 2007 last week and I have a problem
    > with USB: In 2006 the mountpoints for my USB harddisks were
    > automatically created when I plugged them in, but this is not
    > the case with 2007.

    It is the case on my 2007 install. They are created
    automatically.

    > When I plugin a disk under the console no
    > mountpoints are created. When I plug them in under KDE the
    > popups appear asking me what action i want to take. I don't
    > need those popups, I need mountpoints that are automatically
    > created, because I have a backup-sync script that searches for
    > the mountpoints, mounts the disks, and syncs to the USB disks.

    Exactly. Just do what is in front of you. Respond that you want a
    window opened and to do that automatically every time.
    Mountpoints created. Use in scripts. This is what I do on my
    system to backup to external usb drive.

    Syd

  2. Re: Mandriva 2007 and USB devices

    Syd Han**** schreef:

    > Maxim Heijndijk wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I have installed MDV 2007 last week and I have a problem
    >> with USB: In 2006 the mountpoints for my USB harddisks were
    >> automatically created when I plugged them in, but this is not
    >> the case with 2007.

    > It is the case on my 2007 install. They are created
    > automatically.

    Only after you acces them in the file browser, I don't regard this as
    automatically.

    >> When I plugin a disk under the console no
    >> mountpoints are created. When I plug them in under KDE the
    >> popups appear asking me what action i want to take. I don't
    >> need those popups, I need mountpoints that are automatically
    >> created, because I have a backup-sync script that searches for
    >> the mountpoints, mounts the disks, and syncs to the USB disks.

    > Exactly. Just do what is in front of you. Respond that you want a
    > window opened and to do that automatically every time.
    > Mountpoints created. Use in scripts. This is what I do on my
    > system to backup to external usb drive.

    This does not work for me, I do my backups from cron also.

    > Syd

+ Reply to Thread