Window decorations with compiz AIGLX - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Window decorations with compiz AIGLX - Mandrake ; I've got a problem with the window decorations of "Control Center"... It seems that when using the 3d desktop with aiglx, it uses a custom window decoration which can't be replaced by the KDE installed themes. If i disable the ...

  1. Window decorations with compiz AIGLX

    I've got a problem with the window decorations of "Control Center"... It
    seems that when using the 3d desktop with aiglx, it uses a custom window
    decoration which can't be replaced by the KDE installed themes.

    If i disable the "decoration" compiz plugin, when i restart the window
    manager, there is no window decoration at all (no window name, no
    maximine-minimize-close buttons) etc.

    how can i use the kde window decorations and compiz at the same time?

    thanks,
    alex.

  2. Re: Window decorations with compiz AIGLX

    alex wrote:

    > I've got a problem with the window decorations of "Control Center"...
    > It seems that when using the 3d desktop with aiglx, it uses a custom
    > window decoration which can't be replaced by the KDE installed
    > themes.
    >
    > If i disable the "decoration" compiz plugin, when i restart the
    > window manager, there is no window decoration at all (no window name,
    > no maximine-minimize-close buttons) etc.
    >
    > how can i use the kde window decorations and compiz at the same time?
    >
    > thanks,
    > alex.

    You can't, at least not in this version of Compiz, they are working on
    next versions.
    --
    Patrick in IL.

  3. Re: Window decorations with compiz AIGLX

    En/na Patrick Phillips ha escrit:
    > alex wrote:
    >
    > You can't, at least not in this version of Compiz, they are working on
    > next versions.

    thanks.
    can't wait for this to happen. for my taste, it's really ugly right now.

  4. Re: Window decorations with compiz AIGLX

    alex wrote:

    > thanks.
    > can't wait for this to happen. for my taste, it's really ugly right
    > now.

    I see there is a newer Compiz in Cooker along with KDE 3.5.5 and I
    tried installing both at same time in x64 a couple times and rebooted
    to no desktop, so I would wait or else the x32 may be OK from what
    some others are reporting on Mandriva Club forums.

    Also there is a new fork off of Compiz being worked on called Beryl and
    it may be better for KDE since they remove as much of the Gnome
    dependencies as possible. Beryl 0.1.0 is in cooker now, I've not tried
    it..I'm tired of re-imaging for a few days. :-)
    --
    Patrick in IL.

+ Reply to Thread