you've got no chance of helping - Mandrake

This is a discussion on you've got no chance of helping - Mandrake ; because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"...

  1. you've got no chance of helping

    because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

  2. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    humble.life wrote:
    > because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    Some of us can say it. For example "I don't know why
    I bothered to read 5 of your drivel-posts before I
    added you to my killfile."

    Andy.

  3. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    Andy J. wrote:
    > humble.life wrote:
    >> because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    > Some of us can say it. For example "I don't know why
    > I bothered to read 5 of your drivel-posts before I
    > added you to my killfile."
    >
    > Andy.

    lol

    that is the most original quip usenet has ever seen, really, no-one,
    absolutely no-one will have mentioned killfile in their quip ever,
    no-one, not a chance

  4. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:43:56 +0100, Andy J. wrote:

    > Some of us can say it. For example "I don't know why
    > I bothered to read 5 of your drivel-posts before I
    > added you to my killfile."

    Who are you talking to?

    --
    Linux: because I work with Windows, and that's bad enough.
    AOLM FAQ - http://blinkynet.net/comp/faq_aolm.html

  5. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    Dave wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:43:56 +0100, Andy J. wrote:
    >
    >> Some of us can say it. For example "I don't know why
    >> I bothered to read 5 of your drivel-posts before I
    >> added you to my killfile."

    > Who are you talking to?

    boogaloogalooogaloooo

  6. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    Dave wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:43:56 +0100, Andy J. wrote:
    >
    >> Some of us can say it. For example "I don't know why
    >> I bothered to read 5 of your drivel-posts before I
    >> added you to my killfile."

    > Who are you talking to?

    That's odd, the original message disappeared. It shows
    up on my copy of my reply though. Never happened like
    that before, just take it as read that it wasn't
    directed at you Dave :-) Maybe it's something to do
    with Thunderbirds Message Filters (killfile).

    Andy.

  7. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    Andy J. wrote:
    > Dave wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:43:56 +0100, Andy J. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some of us can say it. For example "I don't know why
    >>> I bothered to read 5 of your drivel-posts before I
    >>> added you to my killfile."

    >> Who are you talking to?
    >>

    > That's odd, the original message disappeared. It shows
    > up on my copy of my reply though. Never happened like
    > that before, just take it as read that it wasn't
    > directed at you Dave :-) Maybe it's something to do
    > with Thunderbirds Message Filters (killfile).
    >
    > Andy.

    boogalooalooogoooooo

    watch out for the marriage, she thinks you prefer your box to her

  8. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:12:18 +0100, humble.life wrote:

    > because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    That's flat-out ridiculous! Why, I've even seen ARAGORN admit to not
    knowing things ... very occasionally, of course.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074N 117.754W
    gary [] donavan [] org * http://www [] donavan [] org

  9. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    humble.life wrote:

    > because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    Ever think that people that would admit "i don't know" simply do not post
    when the don't know something?

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you

  10. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On 2006-10-17, Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:12:18 +0100, humble.life wrote:
    >
    >> because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    > That's flat-out ridiculous! Why, I've even seen ARAGORN admit to not
    > knowing things ... very occasionally, of course.

    And that's because there are only occasional cases where he does not
    know the answer.

    On the other hand, humble.life has much to be humble about, which is
    why he is playing with DC, LC and AC in my killfile.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  11. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On Tuesday 17 October 2006 08:52, Chris F.A. Johnson stood up and addressed
    the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On 2006-10-17, Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:12:18 +0100, humble.life wrote:
    >>
    >>> because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    >> That's flat-out ridiculous! Why, I've even seen ARAGORN admit to not
    >> knowing things ... very occasionally, of course.

    > And that's because there are only occasional cases where he does not
    > know the answer.

    Hey guys, come on, you're making me blush here! ;-) I'm just human like the
    rest of you. ;-)

    Hmm... Or was I "just humanoid"? Hmm... I forgot... ;-

    > On the other hand, humble.life has much to be humble about, which is
    > why he is playing with DC, LC and AC in my killfile.

    For the moment, I'm still at what I consider a temporary installation - I'm
    planning on a new machine as my main server/workstation and then this
    machine here will be moved to our organization as a domain hosting server
    and thus with a different distro on it - and so I'm not bothering
    with /killfiles,/ but I have to admit that this /humble.life/ creature is
    making it *really* tempting to set one up.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  12. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On Tuesday 17 October 2006 04:19, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > humble.life wrote:
    >
    >> because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    > Ever think that people that would admit "i don't know" simply do not post
    > when the don't know something?

    Empirical evidence has shown that Windows zealots - and in particular the
    ones resorting to trolling GNU/Linux newsgroups - are uncapable of
    *thought.*

    You know, robots/droids are only machines that do what they're being
    programmed to do. There is no intelligence involved, real or artificial...

    Some trolls are paid by Microsoft, but in the case of /humble.life,/ I think
    he didn't match the required intelligence to apply for the job.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  13. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    humble.life wrote:
    > because you divert your ability to say "i don't know"

    Could you digitize and post here some of the dope you're smoking ? That
    **** must be really good.

  14. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On 2006-10-17, Aragorn wrote:
    > On Tuesday 17 October 2006 08:52, Chris F.A. Johnson stood up and addressed
    > the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    >>> That's flat-out ridiculous! Why, I've even seen ARAGORN admit to not
    >>> knowing things ... very occasionally, of course.

    >> And that's because there are only occasional cases where he does not
    >> know the answer.

    > Hey guys, come on, you're making me blush here! ;-) I'm just human like the
    > rest of you. ;-)
    >
    > Hmm... Or was I "just humanoid"? Hmm... I forgot... ;-

    We *were* wondering.

    >> On the other hand, humble.life has much to be humble about, which is
    >> why he is playing with DC, LC and AC in my killfile.

    > For the moment, I'm still at what I consider a temporary installation - I'm
    > planning on a new machine as my main server/workstation and then this
    > machine here will be moved to our organization as a domain hosting server
    > and thus with a different distro on it - and so I'm not bothering
    > with /killfiles,/ but I have to admit that this /humble.life/ creature is
    > making it *really* tempting to set one up.

    All it takes is to copy your file to your home directory wherever
    you are.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  15. Re: you've got no chance of helping

    On Tuesday 17 October 2006 21:37, Chris F.A. Johnson stood up and addressed
    the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On 2006-10-17, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 08:52, Chris F.A. Johnson stood up and
    >> addressed the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    >>> And that's because there are only occasional cases where he does not
    >>> know the answer.

    >> Hey guys, come on, you're making me blush here! ;-) I'm just human like
    >> the rest of you. ;-)
    >>
    >> Hmm... Or was I "just humanoid"? Hmm... I forgot... ;-

    > We *were* wondering.

    For safety's sake, I'll settle for "humanoid"... That covers "human",
    should I be one, and it leaves room from taking distance from humanity when
    I need to. ;-)

    >>> On the other hand, humble.life has much to be humble about, which is
    >>> why he is playing with DC, LC and AC in my killfile.

    >> For the moment, I'm still at what I consider a temporary installation -
    >> I'm planning on a new machine as my main server/workstation and then this
    >> machine here will be moved to our organization as a domain hosting server
    >> and thus with a different distro on it - and so I'm not bothering
    >> with /killfiles,/ but I have to admit that this /humble.life/ creature is
    >> making it *really* tempting to set one up.

    > All it takes is to copy your file to your home directory wherever
    > you are.

    Yeah, but I'm not using /leafnode/ yet, and I'm not sure where /KNode/
    stores its filters anymore. I believe it may use a separate file for each
    filter - I've fiddled with it once in the distant past - and the system is
    quite different.

    Normally, /KNode/ does not really have an instant killfilter. You can lower
    the score for an author, but this can be done only once per filter and only
    lowers the score by -10.

    It only starts hiding the posts when the score is much lower - I believe
    -100 or so - so I had it set up to hide everything with a negative score.
    This allowed me to instantly /plonk/ somebody by lowering his score, since
    very poster defaults to a score of 0 unless otherwise specified.

    It required some serious fiddling, and this is way too much trouble for me
    right now. Especially in the emotional state I'm in since my last
    participation in the thread with the dreaded Matt.

    If you've followed the thread, then you could have guessed that
    I've /killed/ the entire thread, but then you'll also know that I lost
    control somewhere down the line there.

    This is the second time - the other time was on /C.O.L.A.,/ and
    against /flatfish/ - that I use harsh language since I've started posting
    under this pseudonym - now about two years ago or so; I can't really
    remember anymore - and so if someone can bring me to do /that,/ then that
    sure as Hell says something about that person. More than it says about me,
    really, since I've managed to keep my cool with this cretin for longer than
    most people would have.

    But I'm never proud of losing my cool... :-/

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)