wpa_supplicant && Mandriva 2007 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on wpa_supplicant && Mandriva 2007 - Mandrake ; I haven't been able to get WPA running since doing an upgrade to Mandriva 2007. A fresh install of Mandriva didn't help either. I'm using a Linksys WUSB54G which worked with Mandriva 2006 & ndiswrapper & Windows XP driver rt2500usb. ...

  1. wpa_supplicant && Mandriva 2007

    I haven't been able to get WPA running since doing an upgrade to Mandriva
    2007. A fresh install of Mandriva didn't help either. I'm using a Linksys
    WUSB54G which worked with Mandriva 2006 & ndiswrapper & Windows XP driver
    rt2500usb. Mandriva 2007 wants to use the rtusb driver (alias rausb0 rtusb).
    The card does show an association with the AP but I can't get it to use the
    encryption. (All my other wireless devices are associating with the AP with
    WPA) I searched the hard drive for the rtusb driver but only found a listing
    under /sys. No matter what I try I can't get the USB device to use anything
    other than rtusb. The only rt* driver I can find with lsmod is rt2570. I
    tried renaming all the rt drivers under /lib/modules with a .old extension
    and then tried a reboot only to have my changes undone (the .old extension
    was removed - yes, I did confirm that everything was renamed before the
    reboot). I tried to use ndiswrapper with the "help" of the MCC but it kept
    telling me that the ndiswrapper interface couldn't be found. I tried to
    modprobe ndiswrapper & ndiswrapper installed but the rt2500usb driver didn't
    install (ndiswrapper -l shows the driver and hardware present) and no wlan0
    showed up. I even tried removing the wpa_supplicant-0.5.x that came with
    Mandriva 2007 and tried installing wpa_supplicant-0.4.9. Still no-go. I get a
    LOT of ioct [SIO........]: Operation not supported. I'm executing:
    wpa_supplicant -irausb0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B. *I don't know if this
    is enough information help diagnose my problem. Googling hasn't turned up any
    solutions yet either. The USB card does support WPA/WPA2, obviously, since it
    worked with WPA2 in Mandriva 2006.

  2. Re: wpa_supplicant && Mandriva 2007

    johnny wrote:
    > I haven't been able to get WPA running since doing an upgrade to Mandriva
    > 2007. A fresh install of Mandriva didn't help either. I'm using a Linksys
    > WUSB54G which worked with Mandriva 2006 & ndiswrapper & Windows XP driver
    > rt2500usb. Mandriva 2007 wants to use the rtusb driver (alias rausb0 rtusb).
    > The card does show an association with the AP but I can't get it to use the
    > encryption. (All my other wireless devices are associating with the AP with
    > WPA) I searched the hard drive for the rtusb driver but only found a listing
    > under /sys. No matter what I try I can't get the USB device to use anything
    > other than rtusb. The only rt* driver I can find with lsmod is rt2570. I
    > tried renaming all the rt drivers under /lib/modules with a .old extension
    > and then tried a reboot only to have my changes undone (the .old extension
    > was removed - yes, I did confirm that everything was renamed before the
    > reboot). I tried to use ndiswrapper with the "help" of the MCC but it kept
    > telling me that the ndiswrapper interface couldn't be found. I tried to
    > modprobe ndiswrapper & ndiswrapper installed but the rt2500usb driver didn't
    > install (ndiswrapper -l shows the driver and hardware present) and no wlan0
    > showed up. I even tried removing the wpa_supplicant-0.5.x that came with
    > Mandriva 2007 and tried installing wpa_supplicant-0.4.9. Still no-go. I get a
    > LOT of ioct [SIO........]: Operation not supported. I'm executing:
    > wpa_supplicant -irausb0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B. I don't know if this
    > is enough information help diagnose my problem. Googling hasn't turned up any
    > solutions yet either. The USB card does support WPA/WPA2, obviously, since it
    > worked with WPA2 in Mandriva 2006.

    unanswered question

  3. Re: wpa_supplicant && Mandriva 2007

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:18:17 +0100, humble.life wrote:

    > johnny wrote:

    {Foomph... something}

    > unanswered question

    Any particular reason you're spamming these words?

    --
    Phoenix

+ Reply to Thread