Re: <none> - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: <none> - Mandrake ; On Saturday 14 October 2006 01:49, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...: > On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:00:02 +0100, wrote: > > Welcome to the group. > Since the post showed up here, ...

  1. Re: <none>

    On Saturday 14 October 2006 01:49, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:00:02 +0100, <@f609.n257.z2.fidonet.org> wrote:
    >
    > Welcome to the group.
    > Since the post showed up here, the test failed.
    > Do you know about the 400+ test groups on Usenet.

    That sentence requires a question mark in the end, Bit. Perhaps time to fix
    the bug and bump the version by one minor? ;-

    However, I believe that the lack of a subject line or content would be
    rather indicative of an involuntarily posted message, i.e. by an erroneous
    mouse click - e.g. via a misbehaving rodent such as mine - or an accidental
    keypress. ;-)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  2. Re: <none>

    On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 03:45:19 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    > On Saturday 14 October 2006 01:49, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the
    >> Do you know about the 400+ test groups on Usenet.

    > That sentence requires a question mark in the end, Bit. Perhaps time to fix
    > the bug and bump the version by one minor? ;-

    Well if you want to be pedantic about it, Ok, done. :-D

    > However, I believe that the lack of a subject line or content would be
    > rather indicative of an involuntarily posted message, i.e. by an erroneous
    > mouse click - e.g. via a misbehaving rodent such as mine - or an accidental
    > keypress. ;-)

    I completely concure with your assumption.
    I was pretty sure the poster was making an attempt to abort the post.
    But to imply any such insight would get me into a flame fest about
    mind reading.

    In any case the OP needs to know about test groups in order to
    learn how to use their newsreader, hence the informational post. O:-)

  3. Re: <none>

    On Sunday 15 October 2006 06:53, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 03:45:19 GMT, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> On Saturday 14 October 2006 01:49, Bit Twister stood up and addressed the

    >>> Do you know about the 400+ test groups on Usenet.

    >> That sentence requires a question mark in the end, Bit. Perhaps time to
    >> fix the bug and bump the version by one minor? ;-

    > Well if you want to be pedantic about it, Ok, done. :-D

    Well, not so much being pedantic as rather expressing my sense of
    perfectionism in helping you make your otherwise very fine and informative
    post even more flawless. ;-

    >> However, I believe that the lack of a subject line or content would be
    >> rather indicative of an involuntarily posted message, i.e. by an
    >> erroneous mouse click - e.g. via a misbehaving rodent such as mine - or
    >> an accidental keypress. ;-)

    > I completely concure with your assumption.
    > I was pretty sure the poster was making an attempt to abort the post.
    > But to imply any such insight would get me into a flame fest about
    > mind reading.

    Really?

    And who would this scoundrel be to draw a blade upon thee, my friend?
    Showest me this character, and he shalt make acquaintance with my freshly
    sharpened sword. ;-

    __
    [1] To conclude the successful meeting I spoke of earlier, we all watched
    good old Mel Brooks's "Men In Tight"s again - for those of you who haven't
    seen it: it's Mel Brooks's version of the Robin Hood saga ;-) - and - as I
    apparently had forgotten already - Patrick Stewart plays a cameo role in it
    as King Richard. ;-)

    > In any case the OP needs to know about test groups in order to
    > learn how to use their newsreader, hence the informational post.
    > O:-)

    True, I concur with that, as I do with the tone of your reply to such "test"
    posts. However, there seems to be someone around these parts always
    looking for excuses to attack people. One certain "Matt" or something...?
    Ah well...! ;-

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*