lindvd mdv2007 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on lindvd mdv2007 - Mandrake ; Hi all! Lindvd on mandriva 2007 can not access the dvd rom.It can only access the cd rom drive.If I select eject in lindvd player it opens the cd rom drive.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks kindly Grampa...

  1. lindvd mdv2007

    Hi all!
    Lindvd on mandriva 2007 can not access the dvd rom.It can only
    access the cd rom drive.If I select eject in lindvd player it opens the
    cd rom drive.Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks kindly
    Grampa

  2. Re: lindvd mdv2007

    Grampa wrote:
    > Lindvd on mandriva 2007 can not access the dvd rom.It can only
    > access the cd rom drive.If I select eject in lindvd player it opens the
    > cd rom drive.Any help would be appreciated.

    Somewhere in the Lindvd configuration/settings, there is
    a setting that says which drive(s) it should look at.

    If you can find the place, you need to bump the setting up or
    down one. On my system, my cdrom is /dev/hdc and my dvd rom
    is /dev/hdd if you go by device name. They are /mnt/cdrom and
    mnt/cdrom1 or yet again /mnt/hdc and /mnt/hdd if you go by
    the path names through the file system to these drives.

    And yes, /mnt/cdrom = /mnt/hdc and /mnt/cdrom1 = /mnt/hdd. I
    have some applications that need one style of address and
    other applications that need another. The application calls
    what it wants, and gets what it needs. Names duplicated to
    protect the guilty, the innocent, and any third parties.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    Unix is not user-unfriendly; it merely