Re: <none> - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: <none> - Mandrake ; Bit Twister wrote: > The only solution is everyone needs to report his AUP/TOS violations > hoping his ISP's abuse department will terminate his account. This has got to be the only real solution. He's "changed identity" once in the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Re: <none>

  1. Re: <none>

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > The only solution is everyone needs to report his AUP/TOS violations
    > hoping his ISP's abuse department will terminate his account.


    This has got to be the only real solution. He's "changed identity" once in
    the last year, so it's possible he /was/ kicked off one ISP. Anyone traced
    the origin of his posts? (He'll tell that it's /impossible/ ).

    In the meantime, it /might/ be worth explaining the principles of killfiles
    to all the newbies - we don't want them scared off by all the vitriol!

    Chris


  2. Re: <none>

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:36:59 GMT, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> The only solution is everyone needs to report his AUP/TOS violations
    >> hoping his ISP's abuse department will terminate his account.

    >
    > This has got to be the only real solution. He's "changed identity" once in
    > the last year,


    In fairness, Matt did indicate the name change.

    > so it's possible he /was/ kicked off one ISP.


    I do not know about Redwood City California, but here in Dallas Texas we
    have only one high speed internet cable provider to choose from.
    Having to go back to a lower speed connection would tend to at least
    reduce the chatter turn around.

    > Anyone traced the origin of his posts?


    No trace required, so far.
    Ip address has been the same under both names.

    > (He'll tell that it's /impossible/ ).


    Please, no mindreading. 8-)

    > In the meantime, it /might/ be worth explaining the principles of killfiles
    > to all the newbies - we don't want them scared off by all the vitriol!


    I have not read the current document posted by Blinky but I think it
    might have something like

    "How to make killfiles for use with various newsreaders."
    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm

    "What is a troll, what do they do, why do they do it, and
    what can one do about them? (Anti Troll FAQ)"
    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm


  3. Re: <none>

    Christopher Hunter wrote:

    >> The only solution is everyone needs to report his AUP/TOS violations
    >> hoping his ISP's abuse department will terminate his account.

    >
    > This has got to be the only real solution. *He's "changed identity" once
    > in the last year, so it's possible he was kicked off one ISP.


    Easy to confirm, look at the headers of the two identifies, and ban, we find
    that you are WRONG. Yet another person trashing me with unfounded
    speculation.

    You really should get some FACTS before you try to discredit someone with
    innuendo and/or speculation.

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  4. Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Saturday 14 October 2006 19:51, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >>> The only solution is everyone needs to report his AUP/TOS violations
    >>> hoping his ISP's abuse department will terminate his account.

    >>
    >> This has got to be the only real solution. *He's "changed identity" once
    >> in the last year, so it's possible he was kicked off one ISP.

    >
    > Easy to confirm, look at the headers of the two identifies, and ban, we
    > find that you are WRONG. Yet another person trashing me with unfounded
    > speculation.


    That was not trashing. However, it was speculation, but then again, that is
    one of the little virtues we have in a free world.

    > You really should get some FACTS before you try to discredit someone with
    > innuendo and/or speculation.


    Look who's talking! If you can't take the heat, then step away from the
    fire, dude! Or to put it plainly and simply: if you don't want people to
    make innuendos about *you,* then kindly refrain from making innuendos about
    *them,* as you seem to be doing with every single one of Bit Twister's
    replies to a test post, not to mention the plethora of lies you scatter
    around - repeated /ad/ /nauseum/ - about other people.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  5. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    > Easy to confirm, look at the headers of the two identifies, and ban, we
    >> find that you are WRONG. Yet another person trashing me with unfounded
    >> speculation.

    >
    > That was not trashing.


    This from the person that claims to be NEUTRAL by taking sides and does not
    even know what the words mean. Glad to see you changed the subject because
    it describes you to a tee.

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  6. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    > t was speculation, but then again, that is
    > one of the little virtues we have in a free world.
    >


    But I don't according to YOU, I can't post my opinion in cola, a group I was
    subscribed to, without being accused of STALKING. Wow, how lacking of
    intelligence you are.

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  7. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Sunday 15 October 2006 06:37, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> Easy to confirm, look at the headers of the two identifies, and ban, we
    >>> find that you are WRONG. Yet another person trashing me with unfounded
    >>> speculation.

    >>
    >> That was not trashing.

    >
    > This from the person that claims to be NEUTRAL by taking sides and does
    > not even know what the words mean.


    If it comes down to understanding the meaning of words, then you're so far
    behind me that you're off the edge of the planet, buddy.

    As for my being neutral, I was not taking sides. I was merely explaining
    why you got the reactions you did, and I gave my opinion on both you and on
    Freemont.

    What the thread deteriorated to further down was your doing alone, by
    twisting words around and attributing meanings to concepts you can't even
    grasp, not to mention your hostile and abusive behavior - as you can't seem
    to resist displaying against whomever you're in a confrontation with. And
    if the confrontation doesn't even exist, then you'll make one up.

    That's who you are. That's what you do.

    > Glad to see you changed the subject because it describes you to a tee.


    The size of this thread was even more pathetic than the size of the "test"
    thread, considering that this one didn't even *have* a subject line.

    But then again, *every* thread in which *you* post more than one reply is
    pathetic, isn't it?

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  8. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> This from the person that claims to be NEUTRAL by taking sides and does
    >> not even know what the words mean.

    >
    > If it comes down to understanding the meaning of words, then you're so far
    > behind me that you're off the edge of the planet, buddy.


    What was your definition of Neutral again? It was something like 'taking
    sides is being neutral' right?

    If knowing the CORRECT definitions of words is "behind you" then I am behind
    you all the way. I don't have to deceive people by claiming to be neutral
    when I am NOT the way YOU have.

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  9. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Sunday 15 October 2006 06:52, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> It was speculation, but then again, that is
    >> one of the little virtues we have in a free world.

    >
    > But I don't according to YOU, I can't post my opinion in cola, a group I
    > was subscribed to, without being accused of STALKING. Wow, how lacking of
    > intelligence you are.


    Well, of course it was stalking, as you know all too well that what you
    wrote there and then was a bold-faced lie, and history has already proved
    that abundantly.

    Allow me to refresh your memory... I had /plonked/ a known nym-shifting
    troll who had made the claim - surrounded with all of his usual viciousness
    - that I was one and the same person as Rex Ballard.

    In reply to my /plonk/ message, you then wrote "The standard response of
    Aragorn to anyone who disagrees with him", which was not only a bold-faced
    lie but also showed that you hadn't even read the original thread.

    Oh, and here's the *proof* you always seem to demand...:

    http://groups.google.be/group/comp.o...e=source&hl=nl

    (Caution other readers: your newsreader may wrap this line around!)

    Also please pay attention to your ridiculous signature at the time, which
    you kept wielding for weeks in a row - until you replaced it with another
    one that was a direct sneer at me and was intended to show your "superior"
    knowledge of the Mandrake-/Mandriva-specific /msec/ levels - and which was
    something you felt was a genuine accomplishment.

    And indeed, an accomplishment it was, because that was the _sole,_ _single,_
    _unique_ and _unseen-ever-again_ time known to humanity and all
    extraterrestrial intelligence that you ever publicly admitted to having
    been wrong about something.

    However, the effect it most *likely* had was that posters and lurkers who
    previously had not known you would most probably see you for the pedantic,
    stalking fool you really are.

    Paranoid schizophrenia is a caused by a genetically pre-existing condition
    and remains dormant until it is triggered by an emotionally traumatizing
    event - which could be something as simple as the onset of puberty - and is
    not something the patient should be held accountable for.

    Yet, *you* are not a nice person, Matt. You're not a nice person at all.
    In fact, you're quite malevolent. And _that_ is something I *do* hold you
    accountable for.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  10. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> But I don't according to YOU, I can't post my opinion in cola, a group I
    >> was subscribed to, without being accused of STALKING. *Wow, how lacking
    >> of intelligence you are.

    >
    > Well, of course it was stalking,



    Ahhh, now YOU are trying to read MY mind to determine my intent. I have to
    ask, why are you so afraid of people that confront liars?

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  11. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Sunday 15 October 2006 09:15, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >>> But I don't according to YOU, I can't post my opinion in cola, a group I
    >>> was subscribed to, without being accused of STALKING. *Wow, how lacking
    >>> of intelligence you are.

    >>
    >> Well, of course it was stalking,

    >
    > Ahhh, now YOU are trying to read MY mind to determine my intent. I have to
    > ask, why are you so afraid of people that confront liars?


    I like the way you drag this whole thing out of context again. The
    re-routed thread - it was posted here and you re-routed it to /C.O.L.A./ -
    and the reply from you _in_ /C.O.L.A./ that I was referring you is one
    great big collective of evidence that *you* are the liar, and then *you*
    feel well-placed to call *me* a liar?

    Being unable to ascertain a situation or context is one thing, Matt.
    Deliberately snipping out the evidence to make you look better and to try
    and manipulate both the reader and the person you are replying to into a
    direction that better suits your purpose can however not be anything else
    but malevolence.

    /Ergo,/ you lose by forfeit.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  12. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> Ahhh, now YOU are trying to read MY mind to determine my intent. I have
    >> to ask, why are you so afraid of people that confront liars?

    >
    > I like the way you drag this whole thing out of context again.


    So? You redefine words. I no longer believe a word you say. You have said
    you were honest, neutral, smart and articulate. I have seen NONE of those
    qualities.

    IF you had been neutral, you would have at least consider my point of view
    and realized that a simple solution would be for Bit to stop using
    an "untruth" that he as repeated so many times, while KNOWING it is an
    untruth (he would never have claimed he was not trying to deceive
    otherwise)) it can be interpreted as a lie. If he were to just address the
    objections to test posts for what they REALLY are, breaches in netiquette,
    I would have no objections and NONE of this would have happened. I guess
    you are to intelligent and articulate to figure out such SIMPLE
    concepts :->
    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  13. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Sunday 15 October 2006 19:25, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >>> Ahhh, now YOU are trying to read MY mind to determine my intent. I have
    >>> to ask, why are you so afraid of people that confront liars?

    >>
    >> I like the way you drag this whole thing out of context again.

    >
    > So? You redefine words. I no longer believe a word you say. You have said
    > you were honest, neutral, smart and articulate. I have seen NONE of those
    > qualities.


    So, I have seen even less of that from you.

    > IF you had been neutral, you would have at least consider my point of view
    > and realized that a simple solution would be for Bit to stop using
    > an "untruth" that he as repeated so many times, while KNOWING it is an
    > untruth (he would never have claimed he was not trying to deceive
    > otherwise)) it can be interpreted as a lie.


    It is *only* an "untruth" from your semantic (and pedantic) point of view.
    It is *not* an untruth when interpreted as it was written, i.e. as a
    humorous advice.

    Reading is one thing. Interpreting is another. And as so often in every
    language, understanding what is written requires more than reading. It
    requires interpreting correctly as well.

    > If he were to just address the objections to test posts for what they
    > REALLY are, breaches in netiquette, I would have no objections and NONE of
    > this would have happened. I guess you are to intelligent and articulate to
    > figure out such SIMPLE concepts :->


    Oh, I understand you perfectly, but the problem is that your point is only
    valid to *your* eyes. Everyone else - including the OP - knew perfectly
    well what Bit Twister meant, eventhough *you* don't. Bottom line: it's not
    Bit Twister's fault that you misinterpret his intentions, it's your fault.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  14. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    > So? You redefine words. I no longer believe a word you say. You have said
    >> you were honest, neutral, smart and articulate. I have seen NONE of those
    >> qualities.

    >
    > So, I have seen even less of that from you.


    Why should I believe claims from a guy that LIED about being neutral then
    LIED about the definition of the word?

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  15. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Sunday 15 October 2006 22:53, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >>> So? You redefine words. I no longer believe a word you say. You have
    >>> said you were honest, neutral, smart and articulate. I have seen NONE of
    >>> those qualities.

    >>
    >> So, I have seen even less of that from you.

    >
    > Why should I believe claims from a guy that LIED about being neutral then
    > LIED about the definition of the word?


    Dude, you have never been neutral in your life, so how would you possibly
    know what the word means? And don't throw any dictionaries in my face,
    because you can't even read a simple sentence in English.

    And that is even under the premise that you would so little as *want* to
    read it. After all, fabricating stuff is what you excel so much more in.

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  16. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    >> Why should I believe claims from a guy that LIED about being neutral then
    >> LIED about the definition of the word?

    >
    > Dude, you have never been neutral in your life,


    Ahhh, MORE proof positive you lie. You can NOT possibly know what I have
    done in all of my life. You claim to be HONEST, and NEUTRAL, but you LIE
    about things you can NOT POSSIBLY KNOW. The FACT is, you can ONLY know what
    I have done on USENET AND NOTHING ELSE. Granted that the usenet is IN MY
    OPINION, THE ONLY LIFE YOU HAVE, But it is not mine.

    Unless you can PROVE your claim that I have never been neutral in my life,
    you are a PROVEN, DELIBERATE liar about ME, and a PROVEN, deliberate liar
    about your HONESTY.

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

  17. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    On Tuesday 17 October 2006 02:18, left_coast stood up and addressed the
    masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >>> Why should I believe claims from a guy that LIED about being neutral
    >>> then LIED about the definition of the word?

    >>
    >> Dude, you have never been neutral in your life,

    >
    > Ahhh, MORE proof positive you lie. You can NOT possibly know what I have
    > done in all of my life.


    Then who are you to judge *me?*

    > You claim to be HONEST, and NEUTRAL, but you LIE about things you can NOT
    > POSSIBLY KNOW.


    I exaggerated and speculated, based upon the behavior you show here.

    > The FACT is, you can ONLY know what I have done on USENET AND NOTHING
    > ELSE.


    .... And that is more than I need or want to know from you already.

    > Granted that the usenet is IN MY OPINION, THE ONLY LIFE YOU HAVE, But it
    > is not mine.


    Oh, so it's okay for you to consider Usenet to be my only life, but it's not
    okay for me to think of you in the same manner? Hmm... And here I was,
    thinking that humans were all equal. So much for democracy.

    > Unless you can PROVE your claim that I have never been neutral in my life,
    > you are a PROVEN, DELIBERATE liar about ME, and a PROVEN, deliberate liar
    > about your HONESTY.


    I admit that I was exaggerating, and that this exaggeration was driven by an
    emotional response to your bullying. That does however not make it a lie,
    or at least not in the sense of communication. It would only be a lie in
    your literal and pedantic sense of semantics, and whether you would be able
    to understand that or not is irrelevant, since you will fall back to using
    semantics if there is no other way you can win the debate.

    As usual, it's not the point of the battle that matters to you. It's
    winning the battle. For a man who doesn't seem to like George W. Bush
    much, you're doing the exact same thing as he does, i.e. you're making
    yourself guilty of things even worse than the vices of the person you're
    attacking. (You are aware of Bush's official sanctioning of torture as a
    means of interrogation now, are you?)

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  18. Re: Pot, meet Kettle...

    Aragorn wrote:

    >>> Dude, you have never been neutral in your life,

    >>
    >> Ahhh, MORE proof positive you lie. You can NOT possibly know what I have
    >> done in all of my life.

    >
    > Then who are you to judge *me?*


    I have never claimed what you have done "in your life". When I claimed you
    were not neutral I quoted the SPECIFIC place. I quoted the WORDING you
    used. I KNOW what you said because YOU WROTE IT AND POSTED IT TO USENET. If
    you can not understand the difference between judging what you wrote and
    posted to usenet and judging what I did in all of my life, then you are
    just STUPID and any claim you have of being intelligent is a fabricated
    LIE.

    Simplified:

    You judged what I did in all my life, something you can not possibly know.

    I judged what you wrote and posted to usenet, something I can know because
    you wrote it and posted it so I can read it.

    --
    Because I am tired of google trolls, I have started blocking all usenet
    posts from Google. Have fun Ethan, Tina, Maureen, or whatever name you
    chose to go by.

+ Reply to Thread