Re: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Re: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH - Mandrake ; apologies m8, i will remember what you are saying for future reference, cant help being a pure noob m8 sorry "Dan C" wrote in message news an.2006.10.14.03.06.52.239387@invalid.lan... > On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:37:20 -0500, hg wrote: > >>> I ...

  1. Re: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.10.14.03.06.52.239387@invalid.lan...
    > On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:37:20 -0500, hg wrote:
    >
    >>> I am very new to Linux so go easy on me, it has took me long enough to
    >>> try
    >>> and understand how you install software with Linux but i think i
    >>> understand
    >>> the basics now but when i try to install a certain piece of software i
    >>> get
    >>> these errors, can someone please tell me what i need to do to get
    >>> software
    >>> installed on Linux, here is the error i get:

    >>> [deejay@cpc1-bahd2-0-0-cust770 Download]$ tar xvzf zinf-2.2.5.tar.gz
    >>> zinf-2.2.5/
    >>> zinf-2.2.5/m4/
    >>> zinf-2.2.5/m4/lib-link.m4

    >> To summarize: you need to compile (move from source to binary) the zinf
    >> package you're interested in ... gcc/g+++ is the tool often used for
    >> that purpose.

    > To summarize..... Dude, have you ever heard of trimming a post that you
    > reply to? Holy ****, I deleted 800 lines (yes, 800!) of worthless crap
    > that you quoted needlessly. That kind of **** gets you killfiled by folks
    > who think you're Clueless.
    >
    > Please practice some Netiquette.
    >
    > --
    > "Ubuntu" - an African word meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

  2. Re: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

    On Saturday 14 October 2006 11:28, deejay stood up and addressed the masses
    in /alt.os.linux.mandrake/ as follows...:

    > apologies m8, i will remember what you are saying for future reference,
    > cant help being a pure noob m8 sorry

    You're also making the mistake of top-posting. Please read the following
    guidelines. It'll get rid of some of the /n00bness./ ;-)

    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#toc1

    --
    With kind regards,

    *Aragorn*