Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week. - Linux

This is a discussion on Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week. - Linux ; http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2590013.ece [quote] Microsoft's Halo 3 has become the fastest-selling computer game yet, generating global sales of $300 million in its first week. Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25, generated sales of more than $170 million in ...

  1. Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week.

    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2590013.ece

    [quote]
    Microsoft's Halo 3 has become the fastest-selling computer game yet,
    generating global sales of $300 million in its first week.

    Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25, generated
    sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and is estimated to
    have cost between $20 million and $30 million to develop and another $10
    million to market.
    [-quote]

    And which COLA idiot was drooling because Red Hat did something like $50
    million dollars of profit for the ENTIRE YEAR.

  2. Re: Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in justunder a week.

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:59:13 -0400, Barb Dwyer wrote:

    > http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2590013.ece
    >
    > [quote]
    > Microsoft's Halo 3 has become the fastest-selling computer game yet,
    > generating global sales of $300 million in its first week.
    >
    > Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25,
    > generated sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and
    > is estimated to have cost between $20 million and $30 million to
    > develop and another $10 million to market.
    > [-quote]

    Very impressive I'm sure.

    > And which COLA idiot was drooling because Red Hat did something like
    > $50 million dollars of profit for the ENTIRE YEAR.

    Aren't you forgetting the billions MS has spent in developing,
    marketing, selling xbox's at a loss and extending warranties because
    of the high failure rate?

    Halo 3 is a good start at recouping their losses but they need a few
    thousand more before the xbox can be regarded as a success.

  3. Re: Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week.

    "p5000011" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:59:13 -0400, Barb Dwyer wrote:
    >
    >> http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2590013.ece
    >>
    >> [quote]
    >> Microsoft's Halo 3 has become the fastest-selling computer game yet,
    >> generating global sales of $300 million in its first week.
    >>
    >> Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25,
    >> generated sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and
    >> is estimated to have cost between $20 million and $30 million to
    >> develop and another $10 million to market.
    >> [-quote]

    > Very impressive I'm sure.
    >
    >> And which COLA idiot was drooling because Red Hat did something like
    >> $50 million dollars of profit for the ENTIRE YEAR.

    > Aren't you forgetting the billions MS has spent in developing,
    > marketing, selling xbox's at a loss and extending warranties because
    > of the high failure rate?

    Microsoft hasn't come close to spending "billions" to develop and sell the
    XBox.

    And why do you think the XBox is sold at a loss? The console hardware has
    been selling at a *profit* for well over a year now.

    The warranty is a different issue that doesn't help their cause but it
    doesn't seem to be a big deal to them financially.

    > Halo 3 is a good start at recouping their losses but they need a few
    > thousand more before the xbox can be regarded as a success.

    So they made about $250 million in one week. A "few thousand more" would be
    $100's of billions of dollars.

  4. Re: Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in justunder a week.

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:00:25 -0400, Barb Dwyer wrote:
    > "p5000011" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:59:13 -0400, Barb Dwyer wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...ustry_sectors/

    technology/article2590013.ece

    >>> [quote]
    >>> Microsoft's Halo 3 has become the fastest-selling computer game yet,
    >>> generating global sales of $300 million in its first week.
    >>>
    >>> Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25,
    >>> generated sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and is
    >>> estimated to have cost between $20 million and $30 million to develop
    >>> and another $10 million to market. [-quote]

    >> Very impressive I'm sure.
    >>
    >>> And which COLA idiot was drooling because Red Hat did something like
    >>> $50 million dollars of profit for the ENTIRE YEAR.

    >> Aren't you forgetting the billions MS has spent in developing,
    >> marketing, selling xbox's at a loss and extending warranties because of
    >> the high failure rate?

    > Microsoft hasn't come close to spending "billions" to develop and sell
    > the XBox.
    >
    > And why do you think the XBox is sold at a loss? The console hardware
    > has been selling at a *profit* for well over a year now.
    >
    > The warranty is a different issue that doesn't help their cause but it
    > doesn't seem to be a big deal to them financially.

    Year to June a $1.8 billion loss for the Xbox (just over a billion due to
    hardware warranty extension). I suppose a few hundred million of Halo 3
    is pretty much needed.

    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6507&Itemid=2

    >> Halo 3 is a good start at recouping their losses but they need a few
    >> thousand more before the xbox can be regarded as a success.

    > So they made about $250 million in one week. A "few thousand more" would
    > be $100's of billions of dollars.

  5. Re: Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week.

    p5000011 wrote:

    >> Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25,
    >> generated sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and
    >> is estimated to have cost between $20 million and $30 million to
    >> develop and another $10 million to market.
    >> [-quote]

    >Very impressive I'm sure.

    A "Smash Hit" product, no doubt. It will help offset their "not so
    Smash Hit" products, like Zune. 8)

  6. Re: Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week.

    chrisv wrote:

    >p5000011 wrote:
    >
    >>> Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25,
    >>> generated sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and
    >>> is estimated to have cost between $20 million and $30 million to
    >>> develop and another $10 million to market.
    >>> [-quote]

    >>Very impressive I'm sure.

    >A "Smash Hit" product, no doubt. It will help offset their "not so
    >Smash Hit" products, like Zune. 8)

    Darn it, hit the delete key on that response. Care to post again, Mr.
    KJFLKFSDFGSGHHGFS or whatever?

  7. Re: Halo 3 - A cool $250 Million dollar PROFIT for MS in just under a week.

    Micoshaft Asstroturfer Barb Dwyer wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...dustry_sectors

    technology/article2590013.ece

    > [quote]
    > Microsoft's Halo 3 has become the fastest-selling computer game yet,
    > generating global sales of $300 million in its first week.
    >
    > Halo 3, released for Microsoft's Xbox console on September 25, generated
    > sales of more than $170 million in its first 24 hours and is estimated to
    > have cost between $20 million and $30 million to develop and another $10
    > million to market.
    > [-quote]
    >

    > And which COLA idiot was drooling because Red Hat did something like $50
    > million dollars of profit for the ENTIRE YEAR.

    BWAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
    You lying twat!!!

    Only 3 million copies sold - and the price quoted is retail price!!

    i.e. not what micoshaft corporation got in revenue.
    Probabaly less than 30 pieces of silver as they no longer
    own the company (Bungie) that made it!!!!!

    When Bungie asked their employees whether they wanted
    to stick with Micoshaft or go it with Bungie, they all jumped
    ship to Bungie.

    WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread