Do you buy computer books? - Linux

This is a discussion on Do you buy computer books? - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly: > After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom: >> The thing about technical manuals is that they lose their >> usefulness unless you have the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Do you buy computer books?

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >> The thing about technical manuals is that they lose their
    >> usefulness unless you have the actual equipment in front of you.

    > Not quite. I read them for fun.

    You sad bastard

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    16:40:50 up 57 days, 15:35, 2 users, load average: 0.19, 0.16, 0.14

  2. Re: Do you buy computer books?

    Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:47:09 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm curious. Do people here still buy computer books? If you needed to
    >>> learn a programming language, or how to administer Apache, or how to set
    >>> up a RADIUS server for your organization, or something like that, would
    >>> you consider buying a book, or would you get all your information from
    >>> the web?

    >> Books are a hell of a lot easier to take up and go on the bus.

    > And the crapper.

    ....and if you run out of toilet paper....

    Try wiping your arse with a laptop!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  3. Re: Do you buy computer books?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Gregory Shearman belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Books are a hell of a lot easier to take up and go on the bus.

    >> And the crapper.

    > ...and if you run out of toilet paper....
    >
    > Try wiping your arse with a laptop!

    That's what the Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity is for.

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: Do you buy computer books?

    On Oct 4, 2:47 am, Tim Smith wrote:
    > I'm curious. Do people here still buy computer books? If you needed to
    > learn a programming language, or how to administer Apache, or how to set
    > up a RADIUS server for your organization, or something like that, would
    > you consider buying a book, or would you get all your information from
    > the web?

    Can I ask why you're curious?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2