[News] [Rival] Microsoft on Vista SP1: Nothing to See Here, Move Along - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft on Vista SP1: Nothing to See Here, Move Along - Linux ; Windows Vista SP1 beta lacks 'wow' ,----[ Quote ] | Unlike the buzz surrounding Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 won't include a | new version of Internet Explorer, and won't include any new features that are | considered must ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft on Vista SP1: Nothing to See Here, Move Along

    Windows Vista SP1 beta lacks 'wow'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Unlike the buzz surrounding Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 won't include a
    | new version of Internet Explorer, and won't include any new features that are
    | considered must haves. Most of the enhancements within Windows Vista SP1 are
    | under the hood and for enterprise customers. In short, Windows Vista SP1
    | lacks "wow."
    `----

    Microsoft is still helping XP, not Vista...

    Microsoft offers licenses for fake Windows XP copies

    http://www.itnews.com.au/News/62376,...xp-copies.aspx

    Related:

    Why Microsoft must abandon Vista to save itself

    http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9785337-7.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft on Vista SP1: Nothing to See Here, MoveAlong

    > Windows Vista SP1 beta lacks 'wow'
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Unlike the buzz surrounding Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 won't include a
    > | new version of Internet Explorer, and won't include any new features that are
    > | considered must haves. Most of the enhancements within Windows Vista SP1 are
    > | under the hood and for enterprise customers. In short, Windows Vista SP1
    > | lacks "wow."
    > `----

    Hmm, I guess we can rule out any extra "Ultimate Extras" then?

    http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...e-extras-sham/

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    04:12:13 up 57 days, 3:07, 2 users, load average: 0.55, 0.16, 0.09

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft on Vista SP1: Nothing to See Here, Move Along

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 04:15 : \____

    >> Windows Vista SP1 beta lacks 'wow'
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Unlike the buzz surrounding Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 won't
    >> | include a new version of Internet Explorer, and won't include any new
    >> | features that are considered must haves. Most of the enhancements within
    >> | Windows Vista SP1 are under the hood and for enterprise customers. In
    >> | short, Windows Vista SP1 lacks "wow."
    >> `----

    > Hmm, I guess we can rule out any extra "Ultimate Extras" then?
    >
    > http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...e-extras-sham/

    Didn't they release some junkware after the deadline? As in extras that are
    absolutely useless? I think Vista has bigger issue at the moment than the
    promise of 'extras'.

    Some people expected and many _STILL BELIEVE_ that SP1 will resolve the
    compatibility nightmare, but in an interview with APC Magazine last months.
    Microsoft said that nothing would change. IOW, if your favourite application
    does not work in Vista now, then contact its developer or say goodbye to it
    forever (or switch to Linux and use WinE).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
    11:20:01 up 25 days, 9:26, 5 users, load average: 0.64, 0.89, 1.19

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft on Vista SP1: Nothing to See Here, Move Along

    >> Windows Vista SP1 beta lacks 'wow'
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Unlike the buzz surrounding Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 won't include a
    >> | new version of Internet Explorer, and won't include any new features that are
    >> | considered must haves. Most of the enhancements within Windows Vista SP1 are
    >> | under the hood and for enterprise customers. In short, Windows Vista SP1
    >> | lacks "wow."
    >> `----

    I think most people would be happy if only Vista SP1 lacked "suck".

+ Reply to Thread