Another iPhone Ripoff runs on cloned Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| It sure looks like an iPhone, but the real interesting thing about this
| Chinese rip-off is the OS it appears to be running. Check out the bottom
| right hand corner of the screen in the image above. Windows Vista?
`----

http://www.latest-mobile.com/article...ned-vista_3919

Related:

China's iClone

,----[ Quote ]
| The little gadget was bootleg gold, a secret treasure I'd spent months
| tracking down. The miniOne looked just like Apple's iPhone, down to the slick
| no-button interface. But it was more. It ran popular mobile software that the
| iPhone wouldn't. It worked with nearly every worldwide cellphone carrier, not
| just AT&T, and not only in the U.S. It promised to cost half as much as the
| iPhone and be available to 10 times as many consumers. * * *
`----

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

IPhone Contract Is Long and Legally Murky

,----[ Quote ]
| The bad news: The iPhone contract may not be the last word in overly long and
| complex user agreements. Terms-of-service contracts promise to grow even more
| dense, legal experts warn, making them even more difficult to understand than
| they already are. *
`----

http://www.wired.com/gadgets/wireles...phone_contract

iPhone matures the "free your phone" movement

,----[ Quote ]
| This is why FreeTheIPhone.org project is born, but even better, why OpenMoko
| project exists. While some are trying to free the locked down device, others
| are creating a free unlocked device from the start, and a whole software
| framework to go with it. *
`----

http://www.mobiliberty.com/iphone_ma...phone_movement

OpenMoko Neo1973 - an open source Linux based iPhone killer in the making ?

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/0...rce-linux.html