[News] Novell and Sun Go Separate Ways in OpenOffice.org? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Novell and Sun Go Separate Ways in OpenOffice.org? - Linux ; Sun Refuses LGPL for OpenOffice; Novell forks ,----[ Quote ] | Because of Sun's refusal to accept LPGL extensions in the upstream code, | Michael Meeks (who recently talked about Sun's OO.o community failings, and | ODF and OOXML) has ...

  1. [News] Novell and Sun Go Separate Ways in OpenOffice.org?

    Sun Refuses LGPL for OpenOffice; Novell forks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Because of Sun's refusal to accept LPGL extensions in the upstream code,
    | Michael Meeks (who recently talked about Sun's OO.o community failings, and
    | ODF and OOXML) has announced ooo-build (previously just for build fixes) is
    | now a formal fork of OpenOffice to be located at http://go-oo.org/.
    `----

    OpenOffice.org Conference 2007: some thoughts

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On the other hand, about 300 people attended the OOoConf without paying any
    | fee, and only few people came from small firms or just for personal interest.
    | Many were from Sun and Novell and sponsors were less than 15.
    `----

    http://robertogaloppini.net/2007/10/...some-thoughts/

    Related:

    OpenOffice.Org 3.0 feature list

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | OpenOffice.org Conference (OOoCon 2007) is taking place this week. Among the
    | first information available is a talk about the future of OOorg.
    `----

    http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/0...-feature-list/

  2. Re: [News] Novell and Sun Go Separate Ways in OpenOffice.org?

    > Sun Refuses LGPL for OpenOffice; Novell forks

    "Novell forks"

    Why do I get the feeling that's not the last time we'll see that phrase?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    03:52:12 up 57 days, 2:47, 2 users, load average: 0.16, 0.20, 0.10

  3. Re: [News] Novell and Sun Go Separate Ways in OpenOffice.org?

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 03:53 : \____

    >> Sun Refuses LGPL for OpenOffice; Novell forks

    > "Novell forks"
    >
    > Why do I get the feeling that's not the last time we'll see that phrase?

    Microsoft forks Novell (yum!) and forks the Linux/OSS (Sun) community, by
    proxy.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432