what does "prepare_all" do? - Linux

This is a discussion on what does "prepare_all" do? - Linux ; In kernel building phase, it sometimes is used, but I couldn't find its exact meaning on google. Could anyone tell me or give me a source to read? Thanx....

  1. what does "prepare_all" do?

    In kernel building phase, it sometimes is used, but I couldn't find
    its exact meaning on google. Could anyone tell me or give me a source
    to read?

    Thanx.

  2. Re: what does "prepare_all" do?

    On 7 10 , 12 44 , Louis Ning wrote:
    > In kernel building phase, it sometimes is used, but I couldn't find
    > its exact meaning on google. Could anyone tell me or give me a source
    > to read?
    >
    > Thanx.

    it is farmilar with "make scripts/" which builds KBuild. After do that
    the source code can be used to build some modules without building the
    whole kernel.

+ Reply to Thread