fs module or kernel recompile - Linux

This is a discussion on fs module or kernel recompile - Linux ; Hi.. i added some code to vfs layer in redhat linux.. i want to see effects on my system. is there any separate compilation of fs module if it then how to do it?? or i need to recompile the ...

  1. fs module or kernel recompile

    Hi..
    i added some code to vfs layer in redhat linux..
    i want to see effects on my system.

    is there any separate compilation of fs module
    if it then how to do it??

    or
    i need to recompile the kernel
    in this case also..how to proceed

    plz guide me in doing this.

  2. Re: fs module or kernel recompile

    softsubbu.opensource@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi..
    > i added some code to vfs layer in redhat linux..
    > i want to see effects on my system.
    >
    > is there any separate compilation of fs module
    > if it then how to do it??
    >
    > or
    > i need to recompile the kernel
    > in this case also..how to proceed
    >
    > plz guide me in doing this.

    Homework / study assignment?

    If you need to ask, you should not be doing it. There
    are easier places to start learning kernel hacking.

    A question will get more attention if it is spelled
    out completely, with proper punctuation.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

+ Reply to Thread