Prelink Errors - Linux

This is a discussion on Prelink Errors - Linux ; Hello Every one, I have been trying to optomize applications on my linux based handset and attempted to use prelinking as an option. I tried to prelink files and have reached a deadloc with the following error: prelink: .debug_loc adjusting ...

  1. Prelink Errors

    Hello Every one,

    I have been trying to optomize applications on my linux based handset
    and attempted to use prelinking as an option.

    I tried to prelink files and have reached a deadloc with the following
    error:

    prelink: .debug_loc adjusting unfinished.

    I have searched the internet but cont find any hints to the solutions.

    Does any one have a suggestion what is really going on?
    Any pointers will be great.

    Thanks

    Newbei

  2. Re: Prelink Errors

    On Mar 23, 8:07 pm, "newbei" wrote:
    > Hello Every one,
    >
    > I have been trying to optomize applications on my linux based handset
    > and attempted to use prelinking as an option.
    >
    > I tried to prelink files and have reached a deadloc with the following
    > error:
    >
    > prelink: .debug_loc adjusting unfinished.
    >
    > I have searched the internet but cont find any hints to the solutions.
    >
    > Does any one have a suggestion what is really going on?
    > Any pointers will be great.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Newbei

    Hi,

    An update , i tried to build non debug libraries and this error
    stopped to come but i have a new issue which has started to come.

    prelink: Warning: libquery.so has undefined non-weak symbols.

    Now from what i understand after searching the internet is that this
    library need to be explicity linked to the other libraries whose
    functions it calls.but i have a problem here.

    if i do a ldd -r libquery.so it gives me the undefined symbols and if
    i do a search for them i find them in say libexample.so so i need to
    explicity link libquery and libexample, but libexample also depends
    upon libquery (if i do a ldd -r libexample.so it gives symbols from
    libquery.so) so i cant link one of them.

    Forgive me if its basic but this whole linking and prelinking issue
    has confussed me.

    So what can be the solution for this , what can i do .? or is
    prelinking impossible for my case?

    Any help would be great.
    Newbei

+ Reply to Thread