RAMDISK pseudo device driver - Linux

This is a discussion on RAMDISK pseudo device driver - Linux ; hi, I am doing a course in embedded system designed and I have been assigned a project named 'developing RAMDISK pseudo device drivers in Linux'. I am fairly new to linux and i have little knowledge about device drivers in ...

  1. RAMDISK pseudo device driver

    hi,
    I am doing a course in embedded system designed and I have been
    assigned a project named 'developing RAMDISK pseudo device drivers in
    Linux'. I am fairly new to linux and i have little knowledge about
    device drivers in linux.

    plz help

    Ravs

  2. Re: RAMDISK pseudo device driver

    Rav wrote:
    > hi,
    > I am doing a course in embedded system designed and I have been
    > assigned a project named 'developing RAMDISK pseudo device drivers in
    > Linux'. I am fairly new to linux and i have little knowledge about
    > device drivers in linux.
    >
    > plz help
    >
    > Ravs

    You're honest, telling that this is a study project,
    so I'll help:

    Google for 'linux device drivers'. It is a book which
    is also available in PDF form from the Net.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

    PS. If you browse the Linux kernel sources, you'll note that
    a similar thing is already invented.

    TV

+ Reply to Thread