Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ??? - Linux

This is a discussion on Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ??? - Linux ; I need to know arm-linux-gcc compile options but, I cannot search its manual (~.~); you know? where is arm-linux-gcc manual? thanks p.s from a korean embedded linux developer......

  1. Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ???

    I need to know arm-linux-gcc compile options
    but, I cannot search its manual (~.~);
    you know? where is arm-linux-gcc manual?

    thanks

    p.s from a korean embedded linux developer...

  2. Re: Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ???

    "M.K. Hwang" writes:

    > I need to know arm-linux-gcc compile options
    > but, I cannot search its manual (~.~);
    > you know? where is arm-linux-gcc manual?

    In fact, there is no official GCC manual specific to ARM processor. You
    could run "info gcc" in your terminal, and I think you could get some
    help from some sections in this manual, such as

    "3 GCC Command Options"
    "3.1 Option Summary"

    Hope they are useful to you.

    --
    Yao Qi
    GNU/Linux Developer

  3. Re: Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ???

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:19:11 +0900 M.K. Hwang wrote:

    | I need to know arm-linux-gcc compile options
    | but, I cannot search its manual (~.~);
    | you know? where is arm-linux-gcc manual?
    |
    | thanks
    |
    | p.s from a korean embedded linux developer...

    Do "man gcc".

    Scroll down to "Machine Dependent Options".

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2007-01-10-1705@ipal.net |

  4. Re: Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ???

    Yao Qi wrote:
    > "M.K. Hwang" writes:
    >
    > > I need to know arm-linux-gcc compile options
    > > but, I cannot search its manual (~.~);
    > > you know? where is arm-linux-gcc manual?

    > In fact, there is no official GCC manual specific to ARM processor.

    However, if you build and install gcc for the "arm-linux" target, it
    should create an "arm-linux-gcc" man page in the installation
    directory, so that if you put that toolchain installation directory
    into your MANPATH, you should be able to to type "man arm-linux-gcc".

  5. Re: Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ???

    "Kaz Kylheku" writes:

    > However, if you build and install gcc for the "arm-linux" target, it
    > should create an "arm-linux-gcc" man page in the installation
    > directory, so that if you put that toolchain installation directory
    > into your MANPATH, you should be able to to type "man arm-linux-gcc".

    "man arm-linux-gcc" still invoke the manual for GCC, and I do not think
    this manual is "cross-compiled", and specific to ARM.

    --
    Yao Qi
    GNU/Linux Developer

  6. Re: Where is arm-linux-gcc manual ???

    On 2007-01-11, Yao Qi wrote:
    > "Kaz Kylheku" writes:
    >
    >> However, if you build and install gcc for the "arm-linux"
    >> target, it should create an "arm-linux-gcc" man page in the
    >> installation directory, so that if you put that toolchain
    >> installation directory into your MANPATH, you should be able
    >> to to type "man arm-linux-gcc".

    > "man arm-linux-gcc" still invoke the manual for GCC, and I do not think
    > this manual is "cross-compiled", and specific to ARM.

    There is no such thing as a "cross-compiled" manual. There is
    no gcc manual that's specific to ARM. There's only one gcc
    manual, and it has sections that are specific to each target.

    --
    Grant Edwards
    grante@visi.com

+ Reply to Thread