libstdc++.so.5/6 - Linux

This is a discussion on libstdc++.so.5/6 - Linux ; Hi, if I compile my C++-Application, what decides which version of libstdc++.so the application would run? How can I tell my crosscompiler that my application should use libstdc++.so.6 instead of libstdc++.so.5? cu Floh...

  1. libstdc++.so.5/6

    Hi,
    if I compile my C++-Application, what decides which version of libstdc++.so
    the application would run? How can I tell my crosscompiler that my
    application should use libstdc++.so.6 instead of libstdc++.so.5?

    cu Floh

  2. Re: libstdc++.so.5/6

    Florian Erfurth writes:

    > if I compile my C++-Application, what decides which version of libstdc++.so
    > the application would run?

    The compiler decides that ...

    > How can I tell my crosscompiler that my
    > application should use libstdc++.so.6 instead of libstdc++.so.5?

    You can't. You'll have to use different version of cross-compiler.

    Here is a map from g++ version to libstdc++ version for some versions
    of g++:

    gcc-3.1/lib/libstdc++.so.4
    gcc-3.2/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    gcc-3.3/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    gcc-3.3.2/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    gcc-3.4.0/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    gcc-3.4.3/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    gcc-3.4.6/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    gcc-4.0.0/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    gcc-4.1.1/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    gcc-4.2-20060902/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    gcc-4.3-20061104/lib/libstdc++.so.6

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: libstdc++.so.5/6

    Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

    > Florian Erfurth writes:
    >
    >> How can I tell my crosscompiler that my
    >> application should use libstdc++.so.6 instead of libstdc++.so.5?

    > You can't. You'll have to use different version of cross-compiler.
    >
    > Here is a map from g++ version to libstdc++ version for some versions
    > of g++:
    >
    > [snip]

    Ah... thank you very much!

    cu Floh