dynamically loading code - Linux

This is a discussion on dynamically loading code - Linux ; I was just wondering if there are Linux functions for dynamically loading and utilizing code. I'm looking for something similar to the Windows DLL routines such as LoadLibrary. Any help is appreciated. Thank you....

  1. dynamically loading code

    I was just wondering if there are Linux functions for dynamically
    Windows DLL routines such as LoadLibrary. Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: dynamically loading code

    mike7411@gmail.com wrote:
    > I was just wondering if there are Linux functions for dynamically
    > Windows DLL routines such as LoadLibrary. Any help is appreciated.

    Of course, see the man pages for dlopen(3), dlerror(3), dlsym(3)
    and dlclose(3) for a start. dlopen(3) is what you use instead of
    LoadLibrary(), dlsym(3) instead of GetProcAddress() and dlclose(3)
    replaces FreeLibrary(). Use dlerror(3) for GetLastError().

    Regards, Jens

  3. Re: dynamically loading code

    In article <1168273947.596018.243450@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    mike7411@gmail.com wrote:

    >I was just wondering if there are Linux functions for dynamically
    >Windows DLL routines such as LoadLibrary. Any help is appreciated.

    That'd be a question for comp.os.linux.development.apps unless you
    are loading a kernel module. But here's a hint anyway:

    man dlopen

    --
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/

+ Reply to Thread